Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I would take or leave either one. Pretty indifferent on the subject. Right now I am enjoying Under the Dome. But I will probably read many more books by other authors than I do SK novels for awhile.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I want both...today.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I would read them both if they came out today. But, I'm not burning up inside to do so either.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm curious about what King has in store for Danny in Dr. Sleep.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Dr Sleep is the stupidest idea for a book I've heard. A "sequel" for a book never intended to have one is just plain dumb, imo.
    thanks monte for restoring my faith in humanity.

i'm not precisely looking forward to another dt-related book either, but yeah... dr sleep is just preposterous.
    I have always wondered (as I am sure many Constant Readers have) what happened to Danny post-overlook. He was such a great character, so powerful and so young you almost "have to" wonder what happened to him as time went on. Same with Charlie. To think that either character went on to live uneventful, non-storied lives is "preposterous".

Also, I don't think he intends a "sequel" per se, but more of a "further adventures" kind of thing like Talisman/Black House, which can and do stand as seperate novels, not necessarily books I & II. While I'm sure there will be references to the Overlook (much like the few Talisman references in BH), one may be read without requiring the reading of the other. Unless, of course you read the Shining and want more Danny Torrance.

Just MHO, of course.

I also think the premise sounds cool and interesting. That Danny would eventually come to use his ability to help the sick and elderly move on in a more peaceful manner. Seems like a very logical progression for the kid who went through the Overlook ordeal. Of course, in the SK world it could only be smooth sailing for a limited time-frame!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow...I'm not sure which book I'd like to see more. Honestly, I'd rather King just revise the last three DT books than add more story. On the other hand, I've always wanted Danny to have more story. (actually, I feel Danny could have made a great DT character. I know its blasphemous but I always thought that it would have been great if Danny was "the boy" in DT instead of Jake)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Coz:

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Son of Paul is on a distinguished road Son of Paul's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe between W&G and WotC means exactly that. Not the backstory of W&G, but the castle scene with Flagg. His reference to Roland and Cuthbert could be backstory within a story.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Coz:

HAHAHAHA

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Coz:

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

What if this new Dark Tower was a revamped version of the last three novels.
    Spoiler:
    Does anyone else want to know what would change, now that Roland possesses the Horn of Eld.

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Dr Sleep is the stupidest idea for a book I've heard. A "sequel" for a book never intended to have one is just plain dumb, imo.
    thanks monte for restoring my faith in humanity.

i'm not precisely looking forward to another dt-related book either, but yeah... dr sleep is just preposterous.
    I have always wondered (as I am sure many Constant Readers have) what happened to Danny post-overlook. He was such a great character, so powerful and so young you almost "have to" wonder what happened to him as time went on. Same with Charlie. To think that either character went on to live uneventful, non-storied lives is "preposterous".

Also, I don't think he intends a "sequel" per se, but more of a "further adventures" kind of thing like Talisman/Black House, which can and do stand as seperate novels, not necessarily books I & II. While I'm sure there will be references to the Overlook (much like the few Talisman references in BH), one may be read without requiring the reading of the other. Unless, of course you read the Shining and want more Danny Torrance.

Just MHO, of course.

I also think the premise sounds cool and interesting. That Danny would eventually come to use his ability to help the sick and elderly move on in a more peaceful manner. Seems like a very logical progression for the kid who went through the Overlook ordeal. Of course, in the SK world it could only be smooth sailing for a limited time-frame!!!!

I agree with you I mentioned it in another thread about Dr.Sleep. That it wouldn't end up being a direct sequel but more like Talisman/Black House - both of which I thought were amazing so i'm sure SK will blow us all away with the new Dr. Sleep - but saying that if i had to chose - it would be a new Dark Tower book allllllll the way!!

Jamesey
    xx

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone considered that this tale might actually tell the fate of Thomas and Dennis from EotD?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Has anyone considered that this tale might actually tell the fate of Thomas and Dennis from EotD?
    I wondered about that, yes. It's interesting that Stephen King states that Roland and Cuthbert appear in the book but they aren't the main characters. So... who is?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I wondered about that, yes. It's interesting that Stephen King states that Roland and Cuthbert appear in the book but they aren't the main characters. So... who is?
    No I hadn't. Good call.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

John F. Kennedy Malice is on a distinguished road Malice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was wanting another DT series outlining the early years of Roland up to jericho hill. I loved Cuthbert in W&G and would enjoy seeing him up to his usual mischief. I know the comics are out there but I want the books dammit!
    "Your Man Jesus seems to me a bit of a son of a b!$#h when it comes to women," Roland said, "Was He ever married?"
    The corners of his mouth quirked. "No," he said, "but His girlfriend was a whore."
    "Well," Roland said, "that's a start."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because the comics are out, I seriously doubt we'll ever see novels written covering the same ground.

John

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

fuck that reminds me I need to go to my comic store and pick up several months worth I keep forgetting to pick up.

John F. Kennedy echoRacer is on a distinguished road echoRacer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Extremely excited for this...i sincerely hope that "keyhole" wins.
    I do wonder who the main characters will be though...

a rose, a key, a door

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the other one has already won.

But there's a good chance 'Keyhole' will still be written. It's just an order thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah well, maybe it will convince me enough to read the Shining.

a rose, a key, a door

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Read The Shining! It's one of King's masterworks!

(I'm currently in the process of rereading it and it's even better than I remembered it!)

I'm really looking forward to Dr. Sleep.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I shall borrow it from my friend when i see him next, i know he owns a copy

a rose, a key, a door

Traveler jwill is on a distinguished road jwill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Theres a part in wizard and glass at the end when susannah is asking about the pink ball and Roland says when he woke up (after killing his mother) it was gone. the belt that his mother had made was still there and he put it on.

Then he says "I wore that bloodstained gift for many years, and how i lost it is a tale for another day- I'll tell it to you before we have done, for it bears on my quest fo the Tower."

I thought that maybe this could be what wizard and glass but who knows, i guess it could just be tower junkie speculation

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

In Eyes of the Dragon, there's a guard named Curran that we were told had a story that would be told for another day...so far, that hadn't happened

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast