Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My gut feeling is that he had the storyline for Wind Through the Keyhole in mind before he asked the question. I voted for Dr. Sleep also, but I'm happy with Wind.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that I, for one, was rather surprised that Danny Torrance did not put in an appearance in TDT. I have always wondered what his furthering story may have been more than almost any other "King" character. Someone who "Shines" like Danny must have had many very interesting further adventures. Also, Charlie from "Firestarter" pretty much fits that description as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I was one of the people who voted for Doctor Sleep. While I'm still excited for more Dark Tower, it's only an 'interquel', so we already know that nothing truly important will happen in it (and if it does, it could seriously stretch believability on re-reads of books V through VII). Doctor Sleep sounded much more intriguing, as we have no idea where the story might go. My introduction to Stephen King was Kubrick's adaptation of The Shining, which I saw when I was about eight years old. It's the only film I've ever found truly disturbing. Danny Torrance is a character with whom I've been familiar since my childhood, so I think I'd genuinely care about his fate when reading Doctor Sleep – probably more so than any of King's other protagonists (with the possible exception of some Dark Tower characters). And if the book is a success, a film could be on the horizon, and most people would perceive it as a sequel to the Kubrick film. However it turned out, it would be fascinating to watch.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    um, I work for the publisher....
    Maybe a stupid question.......but when you got to read it are you reading an ARC, or on a computer (digital copy)? Just curious.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Will this book be released at your major retailers such as Books-a-Million, Barnes and Noble, etc?

As far as Danny in TDT goes, after finishing the series the Hotel's obession with Danny was evocative of the Crimson King's hunt for the psychics throughout the multiverse.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I also thought Danny Torrance would pop up somewhere in the DT novels...the mysterious Manager of the Overlook Hotel wanting Danny's powers really reminded me of The Crimson King.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    I also thought Danny Torrance would pop up somewhere in the DT novels...the mysterious Manager of the Overlook Hotel wanting Danny's powers really reminded me of The Crimson King.
    I know, right? Also, I was surprised Tyler Marshall (Black House) did not appear as well!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I think that DOTT (Drawing of the Three) is the best Dark Tower novel. I never really liked Wizard and Glass, especially since the dark tower comics came out. I think the story is told so much better when it is told in "The Gunslinger Born" comic.

WOTC is actually my second favorite. I think that it was exciting and it had the best gunslinger battle in it.
    I started reading the series just before the comics came out. It just happened that Right as I was starting WaG the comics came out. I made the mistake of reading the comics while reading the book. So Reading the book version felt like reading a book for a high school report. I think if I had waited to read the comics I would of enjoyed the book more.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Tito..... I think that's a yes !!

Karen, You are a golden goddess.
    I hope you are doing well, BTW, Happy belated Birthday (I wasn't sure which birthday thread was yours)
    Thanks for the birthday wish!!!

And yes, I have read it. And a re-read is not necessary. It's pretty much a stand alone. Still lovely in it's own right!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    Maybe a stupid question.......but when you got to read it are you reading an ARC, or on a computer (digital copy)? Just curious.
    The manuscript....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ENVY!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

nevermind

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there will be the large paperback versions? I own 1-7 of the large paperback versions that have the drawings.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to Amazon, the book's title is The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel. Dunno about the sound of that, makes it sound cheap somehow. I hope it'll still be The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451658907/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

Scribner's site lists it as The Wind Through the Keyhole: A Dark Tower Novel.

i feel almost positive that this is what the title will be, being as how it doesn't fit neatly into the series.

-justin

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Scribner link:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Wi.../9781451658903

And I agree with Justin--it just doesn't fit nicely into the Dark Tower series as such.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It might not even mention The Dark Tower. I think it will just be called, "The Wind Through the Keyhole", with a sub heading.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    John, that's the same link as mine, only way longer (unnecessarily so)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo, your link didn't work for me. That's why I posted the other version.

John

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post

i feel almost positive that this is what the title will be, being as how it doesn't fit neatly into the series.

-justin
    I emailed the publicist who handles King's books to see what she had to say... will let you know if I hear something!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post

-justin
    I emailed the publicist who handles King's books to see what she had to say... will let you know if I hear something!
    Really guys? I mean no disrespect, but not only is it a New King Novel, but also a DT Novel!!!!! Does it really matter that much?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good call Bill. Can't go wrong with a new DT novel.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    The manuscript....
    Sick !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast