Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Traveler trapped in a moment is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it will involve Callahan, The Crimson King and Walter since Callahan mentioned that he visited Crimson King's Castle during his journey on the book 5. Also this can make up the complaints about the short appearance of antagonist on the book 7.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by trapped in a moment View Post
    I think it will involve Callahan, The Crimson King and Walter since Callahan mentioned that he visited Crimson King's Castle during his journey on the book 5. Also this can make up the complaints about the short appearance of antagonist on the book 7.
    I'd like that! I've often thought it curious King never related that particular aspect of Callahan's story. I wondered if he actually forgot it after mentioning it... or at least intended to write about it before changing his mind.

I don't think it will be about Callahan though.
    Spoiler:
    Mainly as it's mentioned that Roland and Cuthbert make an appearance chasing a skin-changer. (Werewolf.)

Traveler corey7sl is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    All I want is news that he's writing T3!!!
    A HUGE YES to this!!! I'm very excited about a new Dark Tower book but T3 is what I'm really waiting on!

Back to the new DT book. I hope it's a long novel. I really enjoyed reading the longer DT novels and getting lost in the world.

Traveler CaptHowdy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone think it could be about Sheemie and what happens to him after hi arrives in Gilead?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
    Does anyone think it could be about Sheemie and what happens to him after hi arrives in Gilead?
    That is covered to some extent in the later prequel comics and the upcoming one-shot 'Sheemie's Tale' but I wouldn't be surprised if he featured in the new book.

Traveler CaptHowdy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think so too. We never got to "see" him use his power that much in the books. And there's a long gap between the comics and when we meet him in the 7:th book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

If its done in a flashback sense, like Wizard and Glass, where we get some glimpses of the ka-tet but mostly a story of Roland's past, what would you like to see from Roland, Eddie, Jake, or Susannah?

I'd really, really like to see a short scene of Roland training Jake how to shoot; Jake can suddenly shoot plates out of the sky in Wolves, but we never get to see Roland actually train him. Training Jake, of course, could remind Roland of memories of his own training (Cort, etc) and might lead into the story.

Traveler Barlowe is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The main character could also be Jack Sawyer from The Talisman / Black House? It would tie in wonderfully, a third Talisman book mixed with The Dark Tower.

Spoiler:
    Also, in Black House he is told about Roland and his tet by Speedy, and who can forget that Jack had a friend of a certain, shall we say, lycanthropic persuasion? This would also tie in well with Roland and Cuthbert chasing a skin-changer...Plus, finaly spoiler'ish point, by the end of Blach House, Jack Sawyer is restricted to being in The Territories, because returning to our world would kill him.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Barlowe View Post
    The main character could also be Jack Sawyer from The Talisman / Black House? It would tie in wonderfully, a third Talisman book mixed with The Dark Tower.

Spoiler:
    Also, in Black House he is told about Roland and his tet by Speedy, and who can forget that Jack had a friend of a certain, shall we say, lycanthropic persuasion? This would also tie in well with Roland and Cuthbert chasing a skin-changer...Plus, finaly spoiler'ish point, by the end of Blach House, Jack Sawyer is restricted to being in The Territories, because returning to our world would kill him.
    I really like that angle, Barlowe!!!! Great thought!!!! It would be a great tie-in and basis for a DT book not excatly about the Ka-Tet. Nice going!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

I can't wait for more Jackie boy but Ms. Mod at the main site has said a few times that this isn't it.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...tallment/page2

Traveler Barlowe is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlowe View Post

Spoiler:
    I really like that angle, Barlowe!!!! Great thought!!!! It would be a great tie-in and basis for a DT book not excatly about the Ka-Tet. Nice going!!!

Why thank you

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I can't wait for more Jackie boy but Ms. Mod at the main site has said a few times that this isn't it.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...tallment/page2
    Oh well :p but guessing until we get the definite answer is fun as well

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i actaully haven't read either of those books yet. but it would make sense of Jack at some point showed up in the new "DT" book though i haven't finished the series, from what i read i wonder why he didn't put "Jack Sawyer" in any of the "DT" books? it's kinda a shame that it's over cause it would have been perfect for him & "Peter Straub" to do a 3rd book & have it melt into if that's the right word i'm looking for i'm not sure?

but have it end on jack sawyer entering Roland's world & joining Roland & everyone on the quest for the tower. from what i read on here.

i think he should also add more background with Rolands father in it. & have roland find out if he knew more than he was letting on.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

let me add that since i haven't read the whole series yet, that i dunno if any of that would make any sense to what was later told in the story.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd bet that it has something to do with "dual" ownership/copyright of the character "Jack Sawyer" between Straub & King.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

you are prolly right. that's prolly more to the truth than anything.

Traveler michaelgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

i was reading the other day that king has stated the new book will not be about roland so much as alain and cuthbert. which to me is a huge disapointment if that is the case with the way the series ended i want to know what could possibly go next.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by michaelgunslinger View Post
    i was reading the other day that king has stated the new book will not be about roland so much as alain and cuthbert. which to me is a huge disapointment if that is the case with the way the series ended i want to know what could possibly go next.
    From what I understand, it will be a prequel of sorts* so 'going next' won't really apply. I don't remember Alain and Cuthbert being mentioned but I have had mention that Cuthbert and Roland make an appearance
    Spoiler:
    chasing a werewolf
    , but that they would largely be secondary characters to the plot. Of course it hasn't been written yet (as far as I'm aware) so this could all change.

*I believe it is actually mentioned to be set between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla, but I forget. I get the impression it will be largely backflash material though.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to read of anything from Roland's world!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes that i believe is correct. it'd make sense if it was aimed toward his original Ka-Tet. hell the guy could write 10 more in the series & i'd love him even more! on the IMDB boards they have people saying that he's sold out & ya da ya da ya da. on how he's planning on doing this & dr. sleep.

i don't think of it that way. i was thinking today at work at some point. on how many clues "SK" gave on how the end of the series gave. & it's unreal that nobody really thought to much about them. for example when Roland is talking to the demon in the 1st book in the woods i believe it said something along the lines of you have been here before. but don't remember it. or something along the lines of that. anyways so that's a clue.

in short, anyways where did you get this info on having the book just about 'Alain & Cuthbert" ? i've heard nothing about it, just that as is stated before. they will be in it, & it'll be about
    Spoiler:
    werewolves

just that. sorry for going off topic a bit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Werewolves huh? I wonder if that's Werewolves as in "WOLF!!, you're the herd now, Jackie-boy"!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i get it that 'Jack Nicholson" movie? i thought that film was crap. but i think it'd be interesting to see a different take on werewolves from "King'

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelgunslinger View Post
    From what I understand, it will be a prequel of sorts* so 'going next' won't really apply. I don't remember Alain and Cuthbert being mentioned but I have had mention that Cuthbert and Roland make an appearance
    Spoiler:
    chasing a werewolf
    , but that they would largely be secondary characters to the plot. Of course it hasn't been written yet (as far as I'm aware) so this could all change.

*I believe it is actually mentioned to be set between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla, but I forget. I get the impression it will be largely backflash material though.
    I am wondering if it involves the characters Dennis and Thomas form "Eyes of the Dragon?"

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

At the end of "Eyes of The Dragon" Dennis and Thomas went on a journey to find and try to kill Flagg. I wonder if Wind Through the Keyhole is about this journey?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know SK mentioned at an event in Sarasota a few years ago (Under the Dome event) and he was very vague about the story. I really could care less as long as it involves any part of the Gunslinger world. I am completely tripping for more tales from Midworld.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well said Sai. well said. though having the kids who my guess would be adults in the next book would i think be interesting as well. that's actually one book i've never read

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast