Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 344 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just realized, Hell are we the "Calvins" in Kings' books or what? LOL LOL LOL

Bastard pegged us!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You just now realize that?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler Weird Terror 72 is on a distinguished road Weird Terror 72's Avatar

My Mood
    Cold
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a flat signed first edition/first printing copy of Christine, Viking Press 1983 in fine or better. Would love to get a copy of the Grant edition but not too affordable in price from the ones I have seen offered.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. That is a pretty optimistic request. Definitions of book conditions are very subjective, but it is very hard to find any King book-signed or not in better than "Fine" condition. When/if you do, it will not be inexpensive.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a UK 1st edition Running Man for sale? Its the only one I am missing of the 4 Bachman Paperbacks.
    rrdunaway@msn.com or just PM me

Thanks

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a spare US 1st.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have a spare US 1st.
    Wish i needed a US ! and You seem to have a spare everything !!!
    Thanks though !

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a spare US 1st.
    We need to make a deal on one of the 'spare' Long Walks I saw in your collection thread.

Karl

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How was your "deal" on the last item you obtained from me?

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, I know it has arrived, but, as usual, I won't return home until late Friday.

I am excited, I know it is COOL !!

I"ll touch base with you late Friday...

Karl

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    You just now realize that?

LOL (sic) Well I just kinda automatically thought that he exagerrated quite a bit, but in reading through collector posts over the years on this site, it just hit me that he didn't really exagerrate much!!!!!

Patrick, You wise-ass!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Thank You Jerome, you "ROCK" !!

Karl

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This goes out to anyone who has a (spare) copy of the UK 1st/1st edition of CARRIE. I know it's unlikely but.... if you're willing to trade for a couple of scarce proofs, please PM me!

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going through my collection and updating my Spreadsheet after making a few sales, and I realized I must have sold my last copy of Song of Susannah Artist Edition by accident. Does anyone have an extra copy they are willing part with? The empty spot on my shelf looks weird. Lol. PM me with your price. Thanks.

Steve
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Currently I have the Dutch translations of the first three DT books. However, I would like to have the hardcover editions from Grant. I saw an interesting offer on Ebay, however the price starts at 110 dollars and the shipping costs are a whopping 90 dollars (this is all 7 books together) which will result in a final price of way over 200 dollars. Will I be able to get these books (in perfect condition) at a better price than that somewhere else?

Edit, I saw that only 3 of the 4 books are from Grant. The others are from Viking. That's a pity, I was about to buy them.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those Viking books are worth buying, though.
    They're very nice editions - and seem to hold their value.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

I agree but I would rather have all seven books from the same publisher. Looks much nicer on the bookshelf. Viking didn't publish all 7 DT books, did they?
    Last edited by marc; 01-30-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling (again...)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It depends. Some people choose for seven books from the same publisher (Grant), some people choose for similarity in design (sort of) by getting the four Viking reissues and the last three Grant trade editions - these books all have the 'keyhole' symbol on top of the spine, which looks nice on the bookshelf.

I have the four Viking books lined up with the trade editions of DT V-VII by Grant and I have the Grant DT I-IV trade editions lined up with the Grant artist editions of DT V-VII (does it sill make sense? )

Here's a picture (not very clear but you get the idea):

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Just be careful of later Viking printings though. Ask the seller to verify 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 is on the copyright page for a Viking 1st. Also, verify the price on the jacket.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

sk
    Just be careful of later Viking printings though. Ask the seller to verify 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 is on the copyright page for a Viking 1st. Also, verify the price on the jacket.

What do you mean with "verify the price on the jacket"? (I'm a newbie so bear with me... might ask some seemingly silly questions )

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

sk

What do you mean with "verify the price on the jacket"? (I'm a newbie so bear with me... might ask some seemingly silly questions )
    Not a silly question at all. Glad to help. Some bookclub viking jackets are identical to the first but no price.

Gunslinger 1st US$25.00
    Drawing of the Three 1st US$35.00
    The Wastelands 1st US$35.00
    Wizard & Glass 1st US$40.00

Country
    Country Flag

I assume the price you're referring to is actually part of the DJ and not just a sticker or something like that? Also, since the total price of these 7 books is US$110 it isn't likely that these are first editions, right? Seems to cheap (wouldn't mind though :-))

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, most collectors are not simply interested in hardcover editions but they like to get 'true' first editions. These can be identified by stuff on the copyright page (like the number line mentioned above, or a 'first edition' statement) and they typically also have a price on the dust jacket. There are lists with identifiers for 1st editions. Books without price on the dust jacket are usually issued by a book club and to most people, these books are less desirable because you don't know how many there are, you don't know when they were printed and, well... they're not 1st editions (with a few exceptions).

Of course, this is all irrelevant if all you want is a bunch of nice hardcovers, never mind if they're 1sts. It's certainly the cheaper option!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Although the price seems in the ball park, the only way to verify that they are first printings is to check that they all have the full number line (with a "1".) If they don't have a price printed on the dust jacket, they are book club editions that are virtually worthless as collectibles.

John

Country
    Country Flag

If you think you will want to start collecting 1st editions eventually your best bet is to educate yourself before buying: check the King collectibles catalog on this site, always ask the seller for the identifiers, and when in doubt, consult us about condition, prices etcetera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 344 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast