Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 344 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Neither are The Shining S/L and gift, Joyland and The Dark Man. Most limited editions aren't true first editions and I don't see a problem with that.
    Well, technically I suppose, they are the 1/1 of the Limited Press run. LOL

Nevertheless, I agree!!
    What Merlin said rings true for me - the gift editions and s/l are more specialty "collectible" books.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Neither are The Shining S/L and gift, Joyland and The Dark Man. Most limited editions aren't true first editions and I don't see a problem with that.
    Well, technically I suppose, they are the 1/1 of the Limited Press run. LOL

Nevertheless, I agree!!
    What Merlin said rings true for me - the gift editions and s/l are more specialty "collectible" books.
    Yeah, that's how I view them. Same with "PC" copies. I know that is not a popular thought, but I still think they are somehow "Special" IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

looking for anyone who might want to sell there Joe Hill Locke and Key lettered edition? I can also trade a signed numbered set plus cash OR just cash. Looking for any of his lettered books.
    thanks all

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2 great items are currently on their way to my work
    Hope they arrive before i go on hols next thursday!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The First edition Gunsllinger dustjacket had lettering that was lighter in shade. More of a true yellow. The 2nd edtion was almost burnt orange.
    In addition, the first book had brown fabric boards, the 2nd had black.
    The first lists the price of $20 for the trade, and $60 for the limited on the inside front dj. The first advertises Conan on the back inside dj. The 2nd has a color picture added to the Conan advertisement.
    That's a few of the differences.
    First on right in these pictures:

I have seen the binding of the first edition described in various places in the past as maroon. When I think of maroon I think of a dark red. I always thought the binding on the gunslinger as light brown.

Ken

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    The First edition Gunsllinger dustjacket had lettering that was lighter in shade. More of a true yellow. The 2nd edtion was almost burnt orange.
    The first lists the price of $20 for the trade, and $60 for the limited on the inside front dj. The first advertises Conan on the back inside dj. The 2nd has a color picture added to the Conan advertisement.

I have seen the binding of the first edition described in various passes in the past as maroon. When I think of maroon I think of a dark red. I always thought the binding on th gunslinger as light brown.

Ken
    I suppose that is why the Catalog entry says "brown". Display devices may show a different "shade", but the images are direct scans of my books.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post

I have seen the binding of the first edition described in various passes in the past as maroon. When I think of maroon I think of a dark red. I always thought the binding on th gunslinger as light brown.

Ken
    I suppose that is why the Catalog entry says "brown". Display devices may show a different "shade", but the images are direct scans of my books.
    Yep I really appreciate that the description here on the site says brown. I am away from home right now, so I can't double check but I think the Stephen king companion say's maroon, and I know the description on The Collector says maroon. I just don't know how this book could ever be described as maroon.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Afraid I've got to respectfully disagree - it is reddish brown otherwise known as maroon IMHO. It is perhaps not a deep red shading of brown, but is definitely not just brown either.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to the highly respected Wikipedia, there's a liberal interpretation for what maroon is. I always thought of maroon as the Crayola crayon color of maroon but they're showing three different shades that are quite different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    According to the highly respected Wikipedia, there's a liberal interpretation for what maroon is. I always thought of maroon as the Crayola crayon color of maroon but they're showing three different shades that are quite different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon
    None of their examples look the "brown" that the DTI First is:

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I never would have called it maroon.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rust?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Rust?
    Russet:
    Hex:
    RGB:
    (128, 70, 27)

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't the second edition a different color?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Isn't the second edition a different color?
    Black.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

maybe that pis is a faded 2nd edition then next to a 1st?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems the only way to clear up this confusion is for everyone to mail me all their Gunslinger 1sts and 2nds.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    maybe that pis is a faded 2nd edition then next to a 1st?
    You're probably correct...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

At some point will someone be posting some King Books/Items Wanted ?

Sorry...someone just left me a snarky ebay comment and I am pissy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    At some point will someone be posting some King Books/Items Wanted ?

Sorry...someone just left me a snarky ebay comment and I am pissy.
    Back on topic. Thanks.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for Dark tower books with Remarque. Im willing to trade signed King books and or cash for them. Top of the list would be a really nice DT 7 and a LSOE if there is such a thing. I have never heard of a remarqued TWOC but I would pay handsomely for that one. also looking for a SOS remarqued although I hear they are very anticlimactic. Thanks for any help finding some.
    Simon

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

If Stevohump stiffs me on the CD IT gift edition Im looking for one of those...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: From a Buick 8 (gift edition)
    Christine S/L

paypal awaits you !
    thanks

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: Money
    I will trade you King Books/Items.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Shannon got an IT gift edition?
    reality continues to ruin my life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 344 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast