Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 344 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 8587

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Thanks for the help!! I think I want to get my hands on a bunch of GE and then try to track down some artists for them to get remarques! This is going to be fun!
    Here is a current Haven Fund auction for a Just After Sunset Collectors Edition with FOUR remarques from Rachel Readman. This would be a great start to your collection!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks for the help!! I think I want to get my hands on a bunch of GE and then try to track down some artists for them to get remarques! This is going to be fun!
    Be careful. It is a lot of fun but it is a VERY expensive hobby sometimes and if you aren't careful sometimes you will spend more than you really want to/are able to. I was at that point once and it's not a fun place to be.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Stroppy. It is a lovely remarque, it's just out of my current budget right now.

Thanks for the advice Kingfan. I've been collecting books for about a year now and I'm just getting into King collecting. It's a serious jump but I think I just need to be patient, look for good deals and be able to pass on things that just don't make fiscal sense at the time. Gift Editions will be a good start and I'll keep my eye out for any S/L releases coming up. I'd like to pick up a few signed 1st/1sts as well, particularly a different seasons 1st/1st. Thankfully I'm a patient person.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Another tip is not just to jump at something to fill a hole in your collection. If you want a first edition of The Shining or The Stand, for example, save up for a copy you will be happy with. Don't pay $150 for a copy to fill that empty space on your shelf and then pay $400 for a better copy later on. Save up that $550 and buy a great copy.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe315. Noted! I actually have made this mistake in the past. I recently realized that I have about 7 duplicate copies of books right now! Haha

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Another tip is not just to jump at something to fill a hole in your collection. If you want a first edition of The Shining or The Stand, for example, save up for a copy you will be happy with. Don't pay $150 for a copy to fill that empty space on your shelf and then pay $400 for a better copy later on. Save up that $550 and buy a great copy.
    Sage advice, my friend!! Wish I had gotten that same advice early on!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sage advice, my friend!! Wish I had gotten that same advice early on!!
    Me too...

kickingmyself

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Stroppy. It is a lovely remarque, it's just out of my current budget right now.

Thanks for the advice Kingfan. I've been collecting books for about a year now and I'm just getting into King collecting. It's a serious jump but I think I just need to be patient, look for good deals and be able to pass on things that just don't make fiscal sense at the time. Gift Editions will be a good start and I'll keep my eye out for any S/L releases coming up. I'd like to pick up a few signed 1st/1sts as well, particularly a different seasons 1st/1st. Thankfully I'm a patient person.
    Don't listen to these guys...........COME TO THE DARKSIDE (Besides, we have cookies over here)
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Don't listen to these guys...........COME TO THE DARKSIDE (Besides, we have cookies over here)

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

I agree with this to an extent, but I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a $60 copy of The Stand just because I also had a $400 copy of The Stand, I would keep both and happily have them on my shelf. Within reason, anyway. I wouldn't buy an ex library copy of The Stand with no DJ. But a well worn but more or less intact copy has a certain appeal to me. It shows the love (it's not carelessness, it's love, goddamnit). A personal preference thing though, for sure. Having said that I own neither a shitty nor a nice copy of the original Stand, and I think I only own two books that I'd ever bother upgrading, and neither is terrible, both are probably at least VG or VG+, and neither is terribly valuable anyway.

If the worst thing that happens to a new King collector is buying a few books that aren't in the greatest shape (at fair market value) that they later want to upgrade, they should count their lucky stars. I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, ridiculously priced, or outright fraudulent.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

And by no means are the questionable antics confined to eBay. IIRC there's an Insomnia GE on AbeBooks priced within 20 dollars of the cheapest S/L (though I believe that SL is a PC?). Regardless, it's a ridiculous price, bordering on obscene.

There are GE Desperations on Abe priced at ~160, despite the fact you can get them new from Grant for $75.

There's a DT3 through LSoE on Abe for $5,000.

You get my drift.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, priced, or outright fraudulent.[/QUOTE]

I have 7 copies of the dead zone. From ebay. All of them worse than the copy that I originally owned.all misrepresented on ebay! It became a joke, I finally just had to settle for my original copy from the old days! Same with firestarter

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I agree with this to an extent, but I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a $60 copy of The Stand just because I also had a $400 copy of The Stand, I would keep both and happily have them on my shelf. Within reason, anyway. I wouldn't buy an ex library copy of The Stand with no DJ. But a well worn but more or less intact copy has a certain appeal to me. It shows the love (it's not carelessness, it's love, goddamnit). A personal preference thing though, for sure. Having said that I own neither a shitty nor a nice copy of the original Stand, and I think I only own two books that I'd ever bother upgrading, and neither is terrible, both are probably at least VG or VG+, and neither is terribly valuable anyway.

If the worst thing that happens to a new King collector is buying a few books that aren't in the greatest shape (at fair market value) that they later want to upgrade, they should count their lucky stars. I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, ridiculously priced, or outright fraudulent.
    Don't disagree with anything you said. I think the message at the core of my point is to be careful and not rush a purchase just because it's there. You might be able to find a great copy on the cheap. You just have to be patient, do your research, and make sure your happy with everything before you buy.

I rushed a purchase a couple times and ended up upgrading the copy because ultimately I wasn't satisfied with the book. Now, with a bit more collecting experience under my belt, I am trying to get what I want on the first go 'round, even if it costs a bit more and takes a little longer to get.

Example being, I have two firsts of the stand. If I had the patience to do the research and not worry about someone else snapping up the copy, I would have a nicer copy of the book that I would be 100% satisfied with. Now there is nothing wrong with the copies I have and I do really enjoy them, but it is one of my favorite books and I want a great looking copy for my shelf.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I think over half the King auctions on eBay are either misrepresented, priced, or outright fraudulent.
    I have 7 copies of the dead zone. From ebay. All of them worse than the copy that I originally owned.all misrepresented on ebay! It became a joke, I finally just had to settle for my original copy from the old days! Same with firestarter[/QUOTE]

LOL I have 4 copies! Why is this book done like this? I went after each one and they all gave my money back and did not want their BCE back. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Dead Zone and Firestarter are definitely the two worst from my experience. Seems like everyone agrees that the old Viking books just don't hold up well. The Dead Zone is one of the few books in my collection that I wouldn't mind upgrading.

My two best stories (scams) from when I first started collection were when the guy sent me a BCE of IT instead of the 1st. He claimed it was an honest mistake and sent me the 1st for free (and let me keep the BCE, not really worth shipping back obviously), but since it takes all of 3 seconds to check the DJ for a price before you ship the book, I don't really buy it.

The other was I think the Dark Half. I had a 1st bought at release but before I was collecting, so it was a well read copy. Think I may have even lost the DJ. So I just wanted a nice copy for the shelf. The listing described the copy as being in "good condition" but then went on to use something like "a very nice copy in great shape" or something similar. If he'd just said good without any other adjectives I wouldn't have bought it, but since he also said "nice" and "great" I figured he was using the word good in the general sense. Got the book and it looked like it had been read by a coal miner on his lunch breaks. Never seen a book that filthy in my life. I think that may be the only negative eBay feedback I've ever left.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Although I agree there are many dubious sellers on ebay, most of the problems are down to sellers who simply have no clue about what they are selling. They look at a book (presumably previously belonging to their parents/ex boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/brother/sister/etc) and read "first published in..." and think "cool a first edition! - i'll make a fortune".

It does my head in wading through auction after auction trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. I have lost count of the number of times I have sent a message with:

1. Is there a price on the dust cover?
    2. What is the number line on the cover page state? Hint: it will look something like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

99/100 I have had to explain further and then tell them - That's NOT a first edition.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    99/100 I have had to explain further and then tell them - That's NOT a first edition.
    Yeah, and when you do that, they respond "You suck!" "You are an idiot!" "If you ever contact me again, I'll have eBay BAN YOU!!!"

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so glad that most of my King collection was either purchased new in actual stores (discounted/remaindered) or, if through the mail only new copies. I can't imagine dealing with eBay'ers and tons of used King books. Ugh.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What is a decent price for the paperback house next door signed by king?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Got the book and it looked like it had been read by a coal miner on his lunch breaks. Never seen a book that filthy in my life. I think that may be the only negative eBay feedback I've ever left.
    rep points for that.

My Mood
    Inspired

Does anyone have any of the early king magazine appearances for sale?

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

In search of:

DT 5 Artist Ed. x2
    DT 6 Artist Ed. x2

7 is still available at Grant so I won't be needing those.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I have a DT5 AE if your interested pm me

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

David at Betts books has a DT 6 AE, still in shrink wrap.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted:
    s/l salem's lot
    signed salem's lot 1/1
    s/l cujo
    s/l blockade billy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 344 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast