Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King’s Battleground

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for taking the time to follow up on that RF.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess if you didn't like the Lonely Roads publication of Riding the Bullet you won't like this book. After all it is just a Stephen King short story, and like with Riding the Bullet a story you already have in a collection and have already read. But for a collector these are the types of books that I always find interesting, because these are the weird projects that usually only the small press will do. I liked Riding the Bullet and thought it was a great production, and I have liked some of Gauntlet other projects like this that have been done for Richard Matheson. Visions of Death by Gauntlet is a fantastic collection of the short stories, screenplays, movie posters, stills, and the directors and others involved talking about making the movie, or in the case of Battleground - the television show. And Visions of Death is pretty darn cool, in my opinion. I'm expecting something similar with Battleground.

Now, I wouldn't, nor do I, have the money for the Lettered edition, but then again I have never owned a King lettered Edition. They are all too expensive in my opinion. But I'll gladly lay down $125 for a Limited Edition of this book.
    Geoff

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This has nothing to do with BATTLEGROUND, but did somebody mention VISIONS OF DEATH?
    Mockingbird, ARC, lettered, signed/numbered

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't plan on collecting lettered editions, but if the only edition King signed was the lettered edition, that is just as "must have" as a signed edition to me.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    This has nothing to do with BATTLEGROUND, but did somebody mention VISIONS OF DEATH?
    Mockingbird, ARC, lettered, signed/numbered

Yep, I did. lol

I thought this book is a pretty rock solid read.
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow is the last day to order and be in the lottery for the lettered edition.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I notice on Gauntlet's website that the 26 lettered copies are now "sold out." I'm wondering if anyone who ordered and was entered into the lottery was notified that they didn't win or were all orders fulfilled?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I notice on Gauntlet's website that the 26 lettered copies are now "sold out." I'm wondering if anyone who ordered and was entered into the lottery was notified that they didn't win or were all orders fulfilled?
    That would be me:

"Thank you for your order of the lettered edition of BATTLEGROUND. We have had our lottery and unfortunately you were not one of the winners. However, you will be put on a waiting list in case any of those sending checks fail to do so or if one of those who won the lottery changes their mind before the book is released."
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you were not chosen. I'm surprised, really, that there were more than 26 orders. It just didn't seem that popular....at least among the posters on this site. I think there is still a reasonable chance that you get one in the end as people frequently change their minds.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like BATTLEGROUND is getting ready...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should be out in may.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet are selling of proofs for this title.

We have received a small number of galleys for STEPHEN KING'S BATTLEGROUND and have been sending them to reviewers. We are putting three up for auction. The galley (like the book) is an oversized 8 x 10 book, bound (as are all our galleys) with a full-color front and back cover (the cover art for the book).

As always with our auctions we accept just one bid so make it your best. You will have until March 19th to bid on the galley. Send all bids to info@gauntletpress.com with “Battleground Galley Bid” in the subject. Please include your name and address as well as your bid. Bidding for this unique collectible begins at $100. As a bonus the DVD of the “Battleground” episode will be included with each galley sent to the winners (a $20 value).

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Do publishers usually do this kind of thing? I understand how PCs work and they usually end up in the secondary market anyway. I know galleys are usually there to be proofed and all that, but has anyone ever before started selling their galleys??

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet has a habit of doing this. I should have one coming from one of my contacts, so I'm not biting on this. I have "bitten" before and kind of been burned. Never again.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one coming and plan on donating it to our Haven Foundation Fundraiser. I will put it up for auction on Ebay as soon as I receive it. It will be in "new" condition. So if anyone is interested, hang in there, starting bid will be $19.

Country
    Country Flag

I have one coming too :-)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my ARC today. I will be putting it up for auction shortly.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That cover is just horrible

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a screen shot straight from the movie and features William Hurt. Don't quote me, but my understanding is that Hurt and the studio wanted a sizable chunk to use images/script etc. from the short movie. It seems counterproductive to spend quite a bit, and not leverage an iconic scene. They could have used one of our pieces from "Night Shift"

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived today:

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I understand why they chose to use it but the cover is indeed horrible. For me the main problem is that it's an actual photo (or movie still) - for some reason I absolutely hate photographic covers on fiction books.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree wholeheartedly!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, it probably shouldn't bother me but I just like illustrations/paintings better. They fit better with the subject of fiction (and photos always seem so 'staged' and sort of bland). Anyway! It's a nice acquisition that definitely belongs in your massive proof/ARC collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast