Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible New DT Book from Kings Message Board

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: King to write new Dark Tower novel(!) POTENTIAL SPOILERS

According to Lilja:

King stated he will write another Dark Tower novel. It will center around supporting characters and revolve around some important events between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. One fan asked him to make sure Oy comes back, and King said not to worry, that Oy would return.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not exactly news, but it's nice to have confirmation to that story from March from the man himself.

I don't think King actually meant that Oy will be back. It was more of a joke, it seemed like to me. He said the new DT novel wouldn't center around the main characters.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my god this is pretty exciting. I didnt know this and hadn't dared to hope he would do another!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To refresh your memories (and this story slipped unnoticed for about half a year actually), here's what King told USA Today in March 2009:

When we were chatting about his upcoming book Under the Dome, a novel with political subtext out in November, King said he had recently had an idea for a short story. “And then I thought, ‘Well, why don’t I find three more like this and do a book that would be almost like modern fairy tales?’ Then this thing started to add on bits and pieces so I guess it will be a novel.” That idea, according to King, is for a new Dark Tower novel, a continuation of his epic seven-part fantasy/sci-fi/Western series about a lone gunslinger named Roland and his ongoing hunt for the Man in Black. “It’s not really done yet,” King admits of his magnum opus. “Those seven books are really sections of one long uber-novel.”
    http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_new...n-king-no.html

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this with much anticipation

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

so this is gonna be the dark tower equivalent of Star wars: the clone wars
    ?
    sounds fine by me!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    According to Lilja:

King stated he will write another Dark Tower novel. It will center around supporting characters and revolve around some important events between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. One fan asked him to make sure Oy comes back, and King said not to worry, that Oy would return.
    It's great to have more news about the new DT novel! Thanks Cyber.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

That article doesn't have a link to "read more"....

And it doesn't specifically say that it's set between Volumes IV and V--where did that information come from?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post

And it doesn't specifically say that it's set between Volumes IV and V--where did that information come from?
    I think that he mentioned that last night at the signing in NY.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Because you're already reading more, I think.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yuppers. The time frame of the story - it's mentioned in the UTD thread. I believe David posted.

Now... here's a question - will Sai King follow the canon that's been set-up and established in the DT comics!!??!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

ohhh I hope not

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Well... according to Furth, the comics and their direction are approved by Sai King... so I'd hope he at leasts considers that !?!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Can-Tina is on a distinguished road Can-Tina's Avatar

Back when we came up with the "Ka is a Wheel" Dark Tower awareness campaign, I asked Marsha if we could release an official announcement this month. - Remember the November 2009 banner that was up last month. She said that she had not heard anything about the manuscript in a long time, so we just moved on with Discordia.

As it turns out Ka *IS* a Wheel. So anyway, if you remember the banner. It was not just about Discordia.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You could have....if you did it sooner.

J/k

I'm assuming that you are sort of confirming this then?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Due to the setting, (within the time frame of the books) I doubt the comics description of events will crop up much.It will be interesting to see if he makes any reference to those events though...

Considering it's based around supporting characters, I wonder who they'll be? More about Callahan and/or Toren? (But the Faddah was quite a primary character in the end. And chronologically his stuff was over with quite a while before the present day stuff of Wizard and Glass. Still time is weird in that world...

Oh and it IS news to me! I read that there would be another Dark Tower book a while ago, but none of these specifics!

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

maybe a book about walter's mechanations!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    about Callahan and/or Toren?
    I'm thinking along those lines too.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't be surprised, given the general time-frame, if Parkus, Sawyer and /or Tyler Marshall got in there somewhere. Maybe just wishful thinking though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It will actually be seven volumes of DT erotica.

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It will actually be seven volumes of DT erotica.

so he's co-writing it with anne rice then?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    maybe a book about walter's mechanations!
    Hopefully King reveals that the Walter that met up with Mordred was a FlaggBot, and after Roland went through the Tower and the Crimson King was defeated, the real Walter snuck in and took over.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    According to Lilja:

I think there's an error, it would take place between Wizard and Glass and Little Sisters Of Eluria.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    I think there's an error, it would take place between Wizard and Glass and Little Sisters Of Eluria.
    I thought they probably meant the present day stuff of Wizard and Glass. Besides, although most of it is set in the past,
    Spoiler:
    there is a sense that due the thinny, both the past and present have converged in a sense. So in affect the present day ka-tet are experiencing the events in a much stronger sense than maybe they would in an ordinary narration.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wizardsrainbow wrote today:

Biggest news is that King stated that he has another DT story in him to tell...Roland's adventures after Wizard and Glass until LSOE. No dates or anything given, but sounds like he will write a novel about the fall of Gilead, battle of Jerricho Hill, and Roland's start on the quest for the Dark Tower.

I think it would have much more sense than new book that throws us in the middle of events from 5th book of saga.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast