Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2807

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

$210 is a pretty crazy price. Cemetery Dance is selling their copies from PS (with dust jacket) at $225. They had a 50% off sale a couple weeks ago and still didn't unload their copies. Just like anything else, I say more power to Grant if they can sell theirs, but I would rather buy two more copies of the AE and keep the change.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No word about current orders, so I guess all must be shipped now.

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I seem to have gotten lucky. Received the book well within two weeks of the order. It did have a stuck dust jacket but with slow and careful removal, there are only two barely noticeable marks on the end paper.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    I seem to have gotten lucky. Received the book well within two weeks of the order. It did have a stuck dust jacket but with slow and careful removal, there are only two barely noticeable marks on the end paper.
    Interesting. I still haven't gotten mine that I ordered in December. Did you order the AE or the S/L? Just curious.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    Interesting. I still haven't gotten mine that I ordered in December. Did you order the AE or the S/L? Just curious.
    For the love of God, Karen!!! Find this guys order and deliver it!!!! I'll do it "in person" if it will help!!!! LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    How unlucky am i then that both my S/L and AE have the end paper problem! Wish mine had been checked.
    Sorry to hear about your book problems Tito and Roog, I only got the oportunity for the books to be checked before despatch after Karen publicly offered to check the books, in a post on here. I pm'ed her and took her up on the offer and thankfully all is good. Where do you go from here re. the books, live with it or send them back?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've asked Karen to sort it, i paid a lot for the books and wanted the perfect article. Still waiting on hers and Robert's decision!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question:

I think I have seen a picture here on the board lately showing both the front and back of the green TWTTK AE slipcase from Grant. Big bird on the front and a few little birds on the back of the slipcase.
    But looking at mine, it just doesn't have any picture on the backside. Did I dream that picture?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Question:

I think I have seen a picture here on the board lately showing both the front and back of the green TWTTK AE slipcase from Grant. Big bird on the front and a few little birds on the back of the slipcase.
    But looking at mine, it just doesn't have any picture on the backside. Did I dream that picture?
    I'm pretty sure the small birds on on the front of the book itself. Take the dust jacket off and take a peek!

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Sorry to hear about the delay, it was hard enough waiting the little time I did, can't imagine how tough that long would be. I ordered the AE.

@ Roog/ e_taylor: taylor is correct. Big bird on the front of the slipcase, small birds on the front of the book, identical spines, and both with 'plain' backs.

Country
    Country Flag

Ohhh, yes of course... That's it. Stupid me Thanks for explaining!

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

From their latest newsletter: "We have received more requests for copies of the British “Collector’s Limited Edition With Colour Plates” than we have in hand and copies we expect to get later."

Looks like there were people out there who had no idea that these books could have been gotten for way, way cheaper.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked that they sold, but good for them on making some extra cash. I don't know why they don't buy a bunch of copies from amazon.co.uk for $85 to fill the rest of those orders, though.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they did

Talking about this edition: got mine today from BookDepository (€63 with free shipping)

It's the perfect book to put in the bright sun 8)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

Now take it out of the sun before you hurt it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

It's already added to my DT-wall

Collection-pictures are just taken

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received an email from my wife at home saying a package from Grant Publishing has just arrived. Will post pics when I get home.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Just received an email from my wife at home saying a package from Grant Publishing has just arrived. Will post pics when I get home.
    Good Deal!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Finally! Glad you have it now.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Finally! Glad you have it now.
    x2

Glad you finally got it!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished listening to the audio of TWTTK read by King. I have to say I really enjoyed it and hated for it to end. Also the first chapter of Dr Sleep was excellent and I am looking forward to it coming out-too bad it is so far away....

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

I decided to order the TWTTK AE from DMG for $75. This was the timeline from start to finish.
    5/24 - Place online order with DMG for The Wind Through the Keyhole - Artist Edition
    5/24 - Received notification from Karen as “Thank you for your order”. (Very quick, may be automated)
    5/29 - Received notification from Karen as “Processing order, shipping in 4 - 6 weeks”.
    5/30 – Received notification from that my charged card number did not work, my fault typed in one incorrect number out of 16.
    5/30 – Sent Karen correct number
    6/6 – Received notification from DMG - Transaction status: APPROVED
    6/9 – TODAY - Book received, perfect condition
    Total transaction 16 days not the 4 – 6 weeks promised. Again this not to down play the issues other buyers are having. Just to convey that I feel my service with DMG was nothing short of great. RIC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    I decided to order the TWTTK AE from DMG for $75. This was the timeline from start to finish.
    5/24 - Place online order with DMG for The Wind Through the Keyhole - Artist Edition
    5/24 - Received notification from Karen as “Thank you for your order”. (Very quick, may be automated)
    5/29 - Received notification from Karen as “Processing order, shipping in 4 - 6 weeks”.
    5/30 – Received notification from that my charged card number did not work, my fault typed in one incorrect number out of 16.
    Total transaction 16 days not the 4 – 6 weeks promised. Again this not to down play the issues other buyers are having. Just to convey that I feel my service with DMG was nothing short of great. RIC
    Glad to hear it, my friend!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    Hey man, congrats on getting your book.

That said, the fact that I'm still waiting for mine is absolute fucking bullshit. Grant is purely awful. I don't understand how anyone can defend them. Sure, people had one leg to stand on when commenting about the quality of the books, but lately even that leg has fallen.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Without retracing your posts, if you have ordered and paid weeks/months ago then that is a legitimate complaint and if not resolved promptly it should be (and is) mentioned here.
    PM me with details and I will try to help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast