Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

That confrontation with Roland and The Crimson King was horrid.
    AGREED!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At least we know that when faced with despicable evil, all you need is an eraser.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Hodder & Stoughton confirmed today that their edition of Wind Through the Keyhole will have the black and white illustrations.

Lilja

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Lilja!

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So apparently Bev, Brian & Ari all of them have proof copies. US one i guess?
    Scribner hasn't issued proofs yet.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So apparently Bev, Brian & Ari all of them have proof copies. US one i guess?
    Scribner hasn't issued proofs yet.
    Ok my bad, you had the manuscript then ;-)
    But, will they issue any proofs? The publication date is getting close now..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I still haven't received my AE confirmation apart from an email that a confirmation is forthcoming. And I placed the order as soon as it was possible.
    Should I contact Grant?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to issue #76 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

11 January 2012

We hope you all had a good Holiday Season and a Happy New
    Year. May 2012 be better for all of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE
    1. WEB ORDER PAGE
    2. TRADE EDITION SLIPCASE
    3. PRINTED FLYER
    4. ORDER CONFIRMATION
    5. LITTLE SISTERS - MATCH YOUR NUMBER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE

1. WEB ORDER PAGE

We have added another of Jae Lee’s color illustrations to the web page.

Since we began accepting advance orders on December 19 we have received over
    3,000 orders. We are accepting advance orders for both the Deluxe and Artist
    Editions of THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE at:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-twttk.html

Please read the rest of this Newsletter before placing your order.

2. TRADE EDITION SLIPCASE

We will be producing a slipcase for the Scribner Trade Edition
    which will match the three slipcases we produced for the first
    seven Dark Tower books:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-slipcases.html

This will not be shipped until 6-8 weeks after the Trade Edition
    is released so that we can be sure it will fit properly. Cost is
    $30.00 plus a $1.00 shipping charge. We will not be charging the $5.00 order fee
    on orders where the slipcase is shipping by itself.

3. ORDER CONFIRMATION

If you send a check and the check is cashed we have received
    your order. If you sent an order via our website you will receive
    as confirmation an email titled “RE WWW Form Submission”. We have received over
    3,000 email orders but are now sending
    confirmations within 3 or 4 business days. If you call or email us
    this will only delay getting orders ready but if you sent in your
    order in December and did not receive an order confirmation
    please send us an email with the subject NO ORDER CONFIR-
    MATION to karenf@grantbooks.com.

We have a small staff and will be hiring extra help but it will take
    time to process orders, especially for people expecting a specific
    numbered copy. We appreciate your patience.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just
    refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to
    our email newsletter.

4. PRINTED FLYER

Our usual full-color printed flyer will be in the mail next week.

5. LITTLE SISTERS - MATCH YOUR NUMBER

Due to financial considerations at the time many of our cus-
    tomers who bought the Deluxe Edition of LITTLE SISTERS OF
    ELURIA chose not to purchase the matching numbered Gift
    Edition. As we have been shipping copies from the higher num-
    ber down we still have many of the Gift Editions up to number
    690. If you would now like to match your Deluxe Edition with
    the same numbered Gift edition please email Karen French at
    karenf@grantbooks.com under the subject title “Little Sisters
    Gift Number” with your number and Karen will confirm if we
    still have that number.

We will send out another Newsletter when we know when ship-
    ping THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE will begin.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President
    Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

.................................................. ..............
    This email should only be sent to those who have asked to receive it.
    To unsubscribe, return to http://www.grantbooks.com and click the "unsubscribe"
    button.
    John

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

They really don't want to be emailed do they?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

New art:

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Complete rip-off of my R-rated version of the cover art. Are there any lawyers on the board?

(jk, of course)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if there's anything to it, but I like the B&W pieces much more than the colored pieces. I think that the thing with the colored ones is that they scream, "HEY! Look! I'm in a comic!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I don't know if there's anything to it, but I like the B&W pieces much more than the colored pieces. I think that the thing with the colored ones is that they scream, "HEY! Look! I'm in a comic!"
    I think it only screams comic because most everyone is used to seeing his work in the Dark Tower comics. None of it really screams comic to me, as I haven't actually read or seen more than the covers of any of the comics. To me it's just that it's a completely different style direction than any of the other Dark Tower books.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. It's the style that sticks out. I can't look at it and not think comic comic comic. All of the DT artists have different styles, of course, but I think this one is getting alot of attention because of his comic background as opposed to book "illustrations".
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Complete rip-off of my R-rated version of the cover art. Are there any lawyers on the board?
    The more I see this Jae Lee cover, the more I hate it.

I do think the Scribner cover is one of the best ever produced. (and I fuc*ing hate Scribner).

This must be hate day for me!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post

(jk, of course)
    I LOVE this!!!! LOL LOL LOL Great work!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That newly revealed artwork is trippy.

Yours is good, too, Robert Fulman.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

UK cover

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

That's another cover I like better than the Jae Lee Grant cover.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know... it will have to grow on me, I think. So far, Scribner is the winner.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it. As mistercrowley said, it's better than the Grant Jae Lee cover. I still think the Scribner cover is best.

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldnīt agree more John !

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not bad, but reminds me of some of those teenybopper fantasy books. Scribner's is badass.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Not bad, but reminds me of some of those teenybopper fantasy books. Scribner's is badass.
    Yeah. It's incredibly cliche to me.

[Creator thoughts]

"Well, it's got 'keyhole' in the title so let's make a keyhole cover."
    "Ok, sounds good but let's spice it up a bit--let's add fire. Everything looks cooler with fire."
    "Brilliant."
    *Pats back.
    *Pats back.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Yeah. It's incredibly cliche to me.

[Creator thoughts]

"Well, it's got 'keyhole' in the title so let's make a keyhole cover."
    "Ok, sounds good but let's spice it up a bit--let's add fire. Everything looks cooler with fire."
    "Brilliant."
    *Pats back.
    *Pats back.
    Oops, forgot to mention:
    • Put a pyramid or triangle in-easier to draw than an ellipse and makes more (non)sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast