Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 192 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you Michael , it's not extremely scarce !!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

David just posted a nice new NIGHT SHIFT package on the Betts Books website.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The US proof of IT looks great!
    It's a very nice package deal with the case and artwork but I still don't think that the Viking IT proof is 'extremely scarce' (this was discussed a while ago).
    It was discussed a while ago and only 4 copies were confirmed here. that's pretty scarce if at least 20 members here cant show they have one?
    IMO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Viking proof is not that scarce. The really scarce one is the Cemetery Dance 25th Anniversary proof, of which fewer than 12 copies were done. The Hodder It proof is also fairly scarce.

Viking proof:

CD proof:

UK proof:

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    totally true....

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would think that most proof collectors has a copy of the Viking IT proof .

But during all years i have been searching for proofs i have only found one single copy of the UK Proof

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Viking proof is not that scarce. The really scarce one is the Cemetery Dance 25th Anniversary proof, of which fewer than 12 copies were done. The Hodder It proof is also fairly scarce.

Viking proof:

CD proof:

UK proof:

John
    Hey John I've heard around 200 for the Viking proof. Obviously there is no way of knowing how many are still around, especially ones that were never read! Do you have a guess on the number for the UK proof?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the UK IT proof is rare
    I have one in nice shape but you don'y see it often for sale.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Its funny that people keep saying that its not scarce but only 3 people have come forth saying they own a fine copy of the US Viking proof of IT. I bought mine from a Hutch and on his website he stated he believed there was about 10 made. Im not saying there was only 10 made but I still don't see anyone putting there money were there mouth is. John has 1, Bob has 2, I believe Michael has one. so where are all these copies if its not scarce? I count 4.......
    How many members here??? how many fine IT proofs US Viking???
    Opinions don't prove a thing. lets have some proof guys.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My Viking IT proof is in VF condition. I'd call it MINT but I know that is supposedly an impossible state. I wish I had the UK and the CD proofs. I passed on the CD proof some time ago and now wish I hadn't. These things always seem to be offered to me when I don't have much money laying around. But once in a while I get lucky and pick one up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I sold my IT proof a year ago .

I've seen atleast 10 copies for sale the past 3 years

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Its funny that people keep saying that its not scarce but only 3 people have come forth saying they own a fine copy of the US Viking proof of IT. I bought mine from a Hutch and on his website he stated he believed there was about 10 made. Im not saying there was only 10 made but I still don't see anyone putting there money were there mouth is. John has 1, Bob has 2, I believe Michael has one. so where are all these copies if its not scarce? I count 4.......
    Don't get me wrong, think fine copies are fairly scarce. I figure if there were 200 to start with and they were sent to reviewers and book stores and read as intended maybe half ended up trashed. Of the remaining 100, 50 might be in decent shape and 20 to 25 in really nice shape. I have seen 6 or so copies in the state of Florida over the last 20 years. I just don't think they were the same copy.

Ken

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a fine copy.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

if I'm not one of your 4... then it needs to be 5 - and it's in as new/unread condition

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    if I'm not one of your 4... then it needs to be 5 - and it's in as new/unread condition
    Huh, I thought your dog ate it!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Huh, I thought your dog ate it!! LOL

no, crazy dog only eats peanut butter, crooks and small children.... he respects literature.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a lot of respect for Hutch. But that doesn't mean there can only be 10 copies of the Viking proof because he thought so years ago. I have a copy of the spreadsheet with Chris Cavalier's collection from when it was listed for sale and it mentions that there were only six copies done of Twice the Power. Well, we know for a fact that there are at least four or five times as many of them out there.

I see that most proof collectors here have at least one Viking copy. And most of us (contributors to this discussion) have seen several copies for sale over the years. So yeah, there are more than 10 copies.

But even if there were only ten, the established market value is still what it is: $250-350.

Simon, please don't take this personally discussing collectible King is what we do here and this is no different!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

no worries. I understand
    I will have to respectfully disagree though. I sold my twice the power (I believe around 50 were presumed to exist) for $450 and im sure the IT proof is more scarce. Last year 4 out of the It proof books for sale were all the same one, Mine It sold back and forth twice and there was only 1 other trashed copy for sale in the last 3 years. I watch every day for one to come up. I'm not saying one couldn't have slipped by but I doubt it. And even at last count we are only at a round 10 copies here. Hardly a common book. I think eventually it will be more obvious to some here as time goes by that surviving copies of this proof are pretty scarce.
    IMO

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got one, though can't call it Fine due to cover creasing and some page dings ... I was just happy to get one at the price I did, had been looking for a long time. This was ... a year ago now maybe?

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

With a few exceptions ALL proofs are scarce if you only look at the number of known copies. That's the nature of proofs, you can't compare them to any other book format in terms of numbers. So, sure, I don't expect dozens of the Viking IT proof to float around, but that's not really the point (IMO).

What we're saying is that the Viking IT proof is relatively easy to find compared to a lot of other proofs. There are not that many dedicated proof collectors but I'm fairly sure that most of them own a copy of the Viking IT proof, just like they probably own Viking proof copies of The Talisman, Eyes of the Dragon, and Misery. I will not call a proof 'extremely scarce' unless only a few hardcore collectors own a copy. I guess that's the point I was trying to make (and the others who chimed in as well, I think).

(perhaps this discussion should be moved to the Proofs thread or the Collecting Questions thread...)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To get things back on track...

I recently made what is (for me) a major purchase from David at Betts!

Details later...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    With a few exceptions ALL proofs are scarce if you only look at the number of known copies. That's the nature of proofs, you can't compare them to any other book format in terms of numbers. So, sure, I don't expect dozens of the Viking IT proof to float around, but that's not really the point (IMO).

What we're saying is that the Viking IT proof is relatively easy to find compared to a lot of other proofs. There are not that many dedicated proof collectors but I'm fairly sure that most of them own a copy of the Viking IT proof, just like they probably own Viking proof copies of The Talisman, Eyes of the Dragon, and Misery. I will not call a proof 'extremely scarce' unless only a few hardcore collectors own a copy. I guess that's the point I was trying to make (and the others who chimed in as well, I think).

(perhaps this discussion should be moved to the Proofs thread or the Collecting Questions thread...)

Ya, I hear ya.
    Your probably right on the thread thing too.
    forgot where we were, LOL

Country
    Country Flag

Let's talk Betts again! I'm actually hoping that David does not list anything remotely interesting for the next year or so... I didn't even order most of the limiteds that are coming out this year but I spent a LOT on my wedding and I did buy a book or two (make that ten or more) the past couple of months. I'm really pushing my book budget so David, if you're reading this.... do not post any proofs or scarce magazines in 2013, okay?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the oposite camp. I WANT David to list lots of goodies. I can't remember the last time there was something listed that I wanted.

Country
    Country Flag

(I am, however, glad that Betts is doing well!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 192 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast