Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 192 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Question. I view Betts website a lot. I never bought from him yet and I know he is busy with his recent posts and I don't want to bother asking him something, but I don't want to outright order either if I can't talk to him for a bit. So. Does anyone know anything about the Glenn Chadbourne original art drawings, as did Chad sign them as I don't see signatures. Thanks if anyone knows.
    David from Betts here....Glenn did all this Insert Artwork for Bad Penny on a commission. Grant paid over $100 per piece and the set I got from Grant was 64 pieces although he had already sold a few off. All are original pieces of art and every one is signed by Glenn at either the bottom left or bottom right.

As for being busy, yes, I ask forgiveness of you all.....I HATE moving almost more than anything in the world. Last we moved was 12 years ago. Now we are looking to downsize a bit as I will have 2 boys in college come fall and house is just too big and EXPENSIVE for my wife, daughter, two cats and me. To "show" our place, we have to declutter 25 years worth of accumulated crap my wife and I have purchased since we were married. I've rented a storage unit to house our overflow (although goal is to get RID of a lot of stuff, something my wife and son #2 are reluctant to do). I've been pretty Betts-absent for a week (shudders) and will for a few days more....we hope to have the house showcase ready this weekend so we can list it and start having open houses. We found a new place we like (under contract) which has a seperate 800+ square foot building (currently a home business - marketing design studio) that will be AWESOME for Betts....but we have to sell our house first to buy that one...as most people do. Shooting for closing on both properties in July. Will be bumpy road for awhile. I will do my best to catch up on Betts when time allows.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Question. I view Betts website a lot. I never bought from him yet and I know he is busy with his recent posts and I don't want to bother asking him something, but I don't want to outright order either if I can't talk to him for a bit. So. Does anyone know anything about the Glenn Chadbourne original art drawings, as did Chad sign them as I don't see signatures. Thanks if anyone knows.
    David from Betts here....Glenn did all this Insert Artwork for Bad Penny on a commission. Grant paid over $100 per piece and the set I got from Grant was 64 pieces although he had already sold a few off. All are original pieces of art and every one is signed by Glenn at either the bottom left or bottom right.

As for being busy, yes, I ask forgiveness of you all.....I HATE moving almost more than anything in the world. Last we moved was 12 years ago. Now we are looking to downsize a bit as I will have 2 boys in college come fall and house is just too big and EXPENSIVE for my wife, daughter, two cats and me. To "show" our place, we have to declutter 25 years worth of accumulated crap my wife and I have purchased since we were married. I've rented a storage unit to house our overflow (although goal is to get RID of a lot of stuff, something my wife and son #2 are reluctant to do). I've been pretty Betts-absent for a week (shudders) and will for a few days more....we hope to have the house showcase ready this weekend so we can list it and start having open houses. We found a new place we like (under contract) which has a seperate 800+ square foot building (currently a home business - marketing design studio) that will be AWESOME for Betts....but we have to sell our house first to buy that one...as most people do. Shooting for closing on both properties in July. Will be bumpy road for awhile. I will do my best to catch up on Betts when time allows.
    As always "Life" has a tendency to intervene in all our grand plans. You do what you need to, David and I am sure we will all be very patient for your eventual return. I dare say, you are well worth the wait!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I called David today just to verified a total for some of those amazing art prints.....and he answered the phone! Had a nice chat with him as well and it was great talking to someone that actually grew up relatively near me. Thanks for the order David and hope the move transition is as smooth as it can be!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The link from google to Betts is corrupt. Any one else notice that today?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got no problem.... worked ok.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL just wish there was new books to look at
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Not sure what you mean. I can access the website fine.

Also when I search for Betts Books on Google, it come us as the first result and that link works fine too.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it bookmarked, and the page opened easily... Last update on 4/24.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I called David today just to verified a total for some of those amazing art prints.....and he answered the phone! Had a nice chat with him as well and it was great talking to someone that actually grew up relatively near me. Thanks for the order David and hope the move transition is as smooth as it can be!
    I was very shocked that the artwork I ordered from Betts arrived today. Way faster then I thought since I know his time is limited. I wanted to say thank you David very much for these, and they are extremely detailed as you stated. Actually I am beyond ecstatic with the detail. Thank you sir, and good luck with the move!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I have that happen as well; however, once I go back and then try again it works. Probably a DNS issue somewhere...
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Going through Google, my Norton anti-virus blocked the page. Happened using Firefox, and IE.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, David is aware of the long standing issue.
    Seems to be primarily using Google as a search engine (tried several other SE's and no problem), and Mozilla or IE, Norton Ant-Virus blocks the site.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

My spam filter actually identified a couple of David's email as potential virus threats for some reason.

Country
    Country Flag

David just posted an update. Nice house he has for sure!!! I hope it goes well for him and his family... he is one guy that deserves it! Can't wait till he is back to Bett's though full swing.. (this is my selfish side speaking... lol)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love how it's located with all those trees around it. Unlike the concrete jungle where I live...

Best of luck with the sale David.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice house David, really like open floor plan, hope sale goes quick. Zelig that is why I commute 45 miles one way for work, area i live in is known as horse country. Only a few more year's won't have to commute anywhere except to one of the great lakes to fish!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Nice house David, really like open floor plan, hope sale goes quick. Zelig that is why I commute 45 miles one way for work, area i live in is known as horse country. Only a few more year's won't have to commute anywhere except to one of the great lakes to fish!
    now THATS living!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

who else zoomed in on the books shelves?...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Looool I did.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    who else zoomed in on the books shelves?...
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Looool I did.
    Me too. I was surprised there was any empty space, but I assume that is the staging, not the David.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DAVID IS BACK!

Balance in our lives once again.....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    DAVID IS BACK!

Oh no! That doesn't sound healthy for my bank balance.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

DAVID IS BACK!

Gift certificates!! I finally found something worthwhile for my parents to get for my birthday!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    DAVID IS BACK!

Gift certificates!! I finally found something worthwhile for my parents to get for my birthday!
    I made them for him. My wife, brother in law and sisters/parents tried to buy them for Xmas and he didn't have any... I said that's not gonna happen again and I made a pile of them for him. It's the BEST GIFT ANY OF US CAN GET! Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    DAVID IS BACK!

I made them for him. My wife, brother in law and sisters/parents tried to buy them for Xmas and he didn't have any... I said that's not gonna happen again and I made a pile of them for him. It's the BEST GIFT ANY OF US CAN GET! Lol

Great, Kris!!! My birthday is in September.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 192 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast