Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 192 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You rock, David. I'll say this, I virtually never bought a thing when Stu owned Betts. I liked looking at the inventory list, but, as you point out, his prices were always high. David, in the time that you've owned the business, I have been a repeat customer and consider Betts to be a viable, fair market source of collectible King.

I agree with Lou, I'll bet sales increase after the website upgrade.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here here!

Lou, where are you at in Iowa? I spent a lot of time in the bustling metropolis of Fort Dodge.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Traveler Lou Creed is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The Ottumwa area.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Creed View Post
    The Ottumwa area.
    Radar O Reilly's home town.

I'm showing my age now...haha

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

#2 sold overnight.....ONLY #4 is left....6 of 7 sold in less than 24 hours....very pleased

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the profile of #4.

For those that are buying, I suggest getting Archival tissue (cutting to size), and place between the artwork and the opposite page. Not that I've ever seen an issue, it's just something I like to do for piece of mind.

I buy from here

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Produ...&Productid=109

11x14 size is perfect to work with and always gives me extra.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Also...coming VERY soon....existing consigneee gave me some new listings.......OLD SK books, inscribed....some nice ones. Won't want to miss these!
    Looking forward to these, David! ETA on listing them?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

For those that are buying, I suggest getting Archival tissue (cutting to size), and place between the artwork and the opposite page. Not that I've ever seen an issue, it's just something I like to do for piece of mind.

I buy from here

Mulleins
    Thanks for that, I actually did come across a book that has smudges on the opposite page of a drawing. Good tip

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

David = My next baby daddy

Love you, friendo!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

I buy from here

Mulleins
    Thanks for that, I actually did come across a book that has smudges on the opposite page of a drawing. Good tip
    If you look at the pictures on the Betts website you can see where the ink has bled to the oposite page.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    If you look at the pictures on the Betts website you can see where the ink has bled to the oposite page.
    I thought so too, initially. But I think those markings are just part of the design of that page and are supposed to be there. Unless we are talking about different markings.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

...and believe me, Betts itself is a full time job, but it IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD IN A JOB.
    I just thought this was really cool. That is wonderful to heard David.

btw, I love the remarques. Even though that is not how I would envision Roland, I think those books are going to be easily worth the value you are selling them for and a good deal for the buyers. McKean is a superstar artist with tons of fans. More fans from the Gaiman camp than King camp, though.
    Geoff

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

LAST REMARQUE SOLD! All 7 ARE GONE!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LAST REMARQUE SOLD! All 7 ARE GONE!
    David, that's fantastic news! Congratulations and THANK YOU for bringing these to us!

I can't wait to post mine in the New Pride & Joy Thread!!!!!

AKC

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations David, they weren't my cup of tea but that's the thing about art, some love it and some don't. Good for those that purchased them though, a very limited remarque.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to David and all of the new owners of these books.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering how fast they sold, I would say David under-priced them.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I don't know...they sold because the price was right and people jumped on them right away. Yeah, a couple people might have paid $1500, or $1300, but all of them? You never know.

If you overprice and they do NOT sell, and they just sit there? That drives buyers away...so it's better for the first seller to make the money, be happy and move on to the next thing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

True. Retail is all about "turns".

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Bought a signed limited of 11/22/63 from Betts at a very good price Saturday. Now just waiting for my CC to be charged and for it to ship

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Bought a signed limited of 11/22/63 from Betts at a very good price Saturday. Now just waiting for my CC to be charged and for it to ship
    Gee, who knew I was behind on things??? I cry your pardon.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I'm just excited to get an actual signed limited after getting screwed by Simon and Schuster multiple times and then buying a signed trade edition only to receive a forgery. It's been quite an adventure

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry mistercrowley but David is VERY BUSY getting all of MY books (11 to be exact) together and ready for shipment......

It's quite possible that I will use all of YOUR packing peanuts and bubble wrap so you may have to wait a week or so......

AKC

P.S. Good to see that the bug has bitten you......

My Mood
    Devilish

Wow that is a ton of books. You can have my packing peanuts. Those little bastards are a pain the ass. They fall everywhere and cling to everything

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David!!! Nice sale!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 192 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast