Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 192 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just try to not go to David's site until several hours after he posts an update. That way stuff I would likely want is already sold.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Surprised the S/L The Stand is still unsold - nice price with the glassine.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I am a new man in 2016 - sticking to my list and avoiding impulse buys....how long will it last.
    So tough to do this, but im trying too...
    I'm weak... Weak I tell ya!
    I'm just worried that one day my wife will find out how much I spent on those books on the shelves. Hopefully it's after I die.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

She probably has a better idea of what you spend than you know.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    She probably has a better idea of what you spend than you know.
    True. I've heard my library used to justify a few of her purchases over the years

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife always brings up my books when she wants something - even home renovations!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    My wife always brings up my books when she wants something - even home renovations!
    "Do you want a new toilet or that signed limited?"
    I think my response would be, "Does a bear shit in the woods? I guess I'm a bear."
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What was the #70 Artist Edition of The Talisman listed for?

It's sold, but no price...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I think he took offers Bob... Could be wrong though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

He didn't list a price. He said he was trying to decide what to ask. He did put up a suggested range. It was then marked as sold.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He never listed the price, but it would have sold for a lot less than the Lettered Edition. The person who bought it should not have paid any more than $600. I paid $520 for mine from Betts. I paid much more for my Lettered edition from Betts 5 years later.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not list a price...they usually go for $1500-$1700. A valued member bought it by phone...Deal with this book is that Robert/Tom Canty forgot to glue the pictures of the Queen on each volume. However, I have several original Queen pictures. Robert told me to practice gluing and then put them on the book. If I am successful, the price will b e in the range I listed....so, I did not put a price initially cause I did not know if I would be able to fix the book, but my buyer trusts me to do it right and bought volume knowing I needed to make it perfect.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    He never listed the price, but it would have sold for a lot less than the Lettered Edition. The person who bought it should not have paid any more than $600. I paid $520 for mine from Betts. I paid much more for my Lettered edition from Betts 5 years later.
    Hm. Not sure it would normally sell for less than the normal s/l edition. You got a very good deal!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, the Artist edition signed by all and limited to 70 copies IS the LETTERED edition. If you own a copy with an actual Letter, please show a picture.

Mr RT, the price you bought was years ago and things have changed a lot. Happy you only paid such a low price, but current market value for these is SUBSTANTIALLY higher than what you paid.

For years, I thought I owned a Lettered copy personally as a casual glance looked like I owned "Y"....however, when I sent the book to Tom Canty to remarque throughout, what I realized I had was #4 of 70...the 4 looked like a Y....I asked Robert Weiner at Grant about this and he said these copies were originally distributed to "friends" of the artists and publisher.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Mr RT...I see picture now above....weird that your copy shows T of 70...Robert told me ALL were numbered, not Lettered just 2 weeks ago. N ot sure what to think now.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been discussed here before. Go to my collection thread, scroll down to thread #281.

My artist edition has a strange letter/number or something. In a personal discussion, Robert told me their seemed to be some confusion of lettering vs numbering when they did the 70. The 70 was never meant for public sale so they didn't think too much about it. Since we couldn't find record of my lettering (or bad numbering) he marked through it and made it an official Publishers Copy and gave me a letter to go with the book.

As for RT's purchase price of one of the artist editions.......he may have got it at that cost 5 years ago (very lucky), but one selling under $1000 now would be a complete steal.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Sorry Mr RT...I see picture now above....weird that your copy shows T of 70...Robert told me ALL were numbered, not Lettered just 2 weeks ago. N ot sure what to think now.
    There is a lettered state. I have copy "W" and it is as plain as day. There are also too many other collectors who have or have had lettered copies for this not to be true despite Robert's assertions. I think it is just a case of Robert misrembering as many of us do from time to time.

There is also a "Designer's Copy" state. Here is a letter from Robert that accompanied my copy of the "Designer Copy" state in which he attempts to explain the book.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I think my copy was one of the double lettered copies but it was too hard to make out. I've seen numbered and lettered in this edition.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

List has been here a number of days and my prices must be too high. I am going to post THIS LIST on my Betts site and LOWER PRICES...Giving you a heads up.

Thx.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    OK Neil Gaiman fans.....I am selling my entire Neil Gaiman collection and am EXCLUSIVELY listing it here (and over in the Calvin's Corner area) and am going to delay listing on my Betts Books site to give you all a chance FIRST.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you want a book, you must email me at david@bettsbooks.com. DO NOT send me PMs on this site as I am not here all that often, and DO NOT try to claim a book by a subsequent post in this thread as, again, I'm just not here regularly enough. Books will be sold first come first served basis. I will try to organize the list below by title, but there may be a few out of place...

On to the listings (assume book, dust jacket, slipcase or traycase are generally Fine condition unless I state an obvious flaw I noticed):

American Gods (Hill House) S/L #323 in slipcase...slipcase has 1 corner scrunch (others Fine), book is fine; ***HAS matching #323 The Readers Copy booklet!!!...............$550
    American Gods (Hill House) extra Readers Copy S/L #341.............$100
    American Gods (Headline) uncorrected proof flatsigned by Neil Gaiman.......$250
    American Gods (Wm. Morrow) uncorrected proof double flatsigned by Neil Gaiman on outside letter on cover of book and also flatsigned inside plus "Sweet Dreams" inscription couple with a small Remarque of two eyes by Neil himself.....$350
    American Gods (Headline) 1st edition flatsigned by Neil Gaiman........$150
    Angels & Visitations LETTER "V" of only 26 issued.......$750
    Mirrormask LETTER "G" in awesome cloth traycase as issued (only one I ever saw)........$750
    Anansi Boys (Hill House) S/L #91 with matching Notebook.......$250
    Anansi Boys (Hill House) S/L #83 with matching Notebook........$250
    Anansi Boys (Hill House) S/L #90 with matching Notebook........$250
    Anansi Boys (Hill House) S/L #92 with matching Notebook........$250
    Anansi Boys (Hill House) S/" #PC with ORIGINAL Spider Remarque by artist Dagmara Matuszak, flatsigned by Matuszak and dated 2011; Fine- book in Fine slipcase...NO Notebook but a RARE remarqued S/L copy of Anansi Boys.........$275
    Anansi Boys (Wm. Morrow) uncorrected proof #95/450..........$250
    Anansi Boys (Wm. Morrow) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman...........$70
    Anansi Boys (Wm. Morrow) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman and dated 9/30/05................$75...SOLD!
    Anansi Boys (Wm Morrow) 2nd printing flatsigned by Gaiman................$45
    Ryhme Maidens rarest state 1/10 never opened by me................$500
    Murder Mysteries (Biting Dog Press) S/L #188/250 only copy I ever saw for sale..............$750
    Smoke and Mirrors (SubPress) S/L $485/500.....hard to find.......$399
    Smoke & Mirrors (Cemetery Dance) S/L #247/400 signed by many including Gaiman and Joe Hill.......$150
    Smoke & Mirrors (Avon Books) Proof...inscribed by Neil Gaiman "Best, Mirrors + Dreams, Neil Gaiman"....Fine-......$175
    The Graveyard Book (SubPress) S/L #292/500.....super rare and hard to find and gorgeous S/L........$495
    The Graveyard Book (Bloomsbury) 1st edition HC flatsigned by BOTH Gaiman and artist Riddell.............$200
    The Graveyard Book (Harper) advanced reading edition unsigned......$100
    The Graveyard Book (Harper) advanced reading edition FLATSIGNED by Gaiman and Dave McKean!..............$200
    The Graveyard Book (Bloomsbury) 1st edition hardcover flatsigned by Gaiman ***Headstone Remarque Suzy.......$225
    The Graveyard Book (Bloomsbury) one of 1500 copies still in shinkwrap signed by Gaiman and illustrator......$150..SOLD
    Stories S/L #171 - new copy................$299
    Neverwhere (Wm Morrow) S/L # unknown as this is still sealed in original cardboard shipping case (never opened); very rare......$450
    Neverwhere (Avon Books) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman..................$99
    Coraline (Bloomsbury) 10th Anniversary limited Edition; signed copy in slipcase shrinkwrapped; sticker outside says #1093..............$100
    Coraline (HarperCollins) 1st edition hardcover unsigned..................$35
    Coraline (HarperCollins) 1st edition hardcover unsigned in brodart cover..............$35.. SOLD!
    Coraline (HarperCollins) ARC Proof DOUBLE SIGNEDE by Gaiman and McKean!...................$150
    Coraline (HarperCollins) ARC Proof flatsigned by Gaiman +++MOUSE REMARQUE!!...............$175
    Coraline (Bloomsbury) uncorrected Proof Copy FLATSIGNED by Gaiman +++MOUSE REMARQUE......$175
    Ocean at the End of the Lane (Headline) 1st edition flatsigned......$75
    Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm Morrow) S/L #701 never opened deluxe signed edition.......$150
    Ocean at the End of the Lane (Headline) S/L #38/260 + audio book!.....................$350..SOLD!
    Ocean at the End of the Lane (Headline) S/L #290/700 version (smaller book)...............$125
    Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm Morrow) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman..........$75
    Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm Morrow) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman..........$75 (a second copy same as above)
    Interworld (SubPress) S/L #309 signed by both Gaiman and Reaves......$250
    Interworld Limited #374 _ MATCHING Silver Dream S/L #374...............$199
    Trigger Warning (Headline) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman and #190 - brand new!........$125
    Trigger Warning (Wm Morrow) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman..................$75
    Hansel & Gretel 1st edition flatsigned by BOTH Gaiman and Mattotti.........$99
    Miranda (Hill House) S/L #30......rare copy.......$225
    Fortunately The Milk (Bloomsbury) 1st edition shrinkwrapped flatsigned by Gaiman in slipcase (for Foyles).......$175
    The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman.............$45
    The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman...........$45 (a second copy)
    Good Omens PROOF! Fine- (very minor wear to cover)............$175
    The Sandman (DC Comics) "The Kindly Ones" inscribed by Gaiman to Scott and REMARQUED by Gaiman too!........$75
    Stardust (Wm Morrow) S/L in shrinkwrap.......................$150
    Stardust (Spike) special Adv Edition Advanced Reading Copy inscribed by Gaiman "Mike Go and catch a falling star....in slipcase........$150
    Stardust (Spike) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman +++REMARQUED too!.......$175
    The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch (Dark Horse Books) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman.......$75
    The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch (Dark Horse Books) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman.......$75
    Fragile Things (Wm Morrow) 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman......$100
    Odd + Frost Giants 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman.......$75
    Odd + Frost Giants 1st edition flatsigned by Gaiman.......$75
    The Sleeper and the Spindle (Harper) flatsigned by Gaiman.......$55

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

NEW LOWER GAIMAN PRICES LISTED AT BETTS SITE

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    SL-4, for Mr. RT's eyes only.
    I hope he snagged it.
    No rush. I will wait 2 years for it to lower to a realistic price. It will still be there at the price it is now.
    SOLD SOLD SOLD....took less than 2 weeks and my customer who bought a bunch of Gaiman stuff said he overlooked Best of CD Lettered and was praying I still had it!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Server (BlueHost) giving me issues...worked earlier this morning. Want to update site but cannot...GRRRRRRRRR

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Dave is sure an amazingly generous guy! Thanks again Dave! (You know why!)
    ~Jonathan

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's the BEST!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Dave is sure an amazingly generous guy! Thanks again Dave! (You know why!)

Ditto!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 192 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast