Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 167 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4166

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thank you, Jonathan!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I actually got a package in the mail today!
    It looks like a normal US 1st of IF IT BLEEDS, but there are some differences!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is an export edition??

A slightly cheaper edition produced for export?
    Someone more in the know needs to answer that question, they are usually trade paperbacks made for airports as far as I know, why they did this in hardcover I also do not know, unless they thought it would sell well.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The US dollar is strong. Maybe they figured $30 US wouldn't sell overseas.

Sounds reasonable.

ELLISON UNDER GLASS numbered edition from Charnel House. Sent on April 4, arrived here 32 days later, phew! My somewhat dark pictures do not do the book justice:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice looking. Never read him.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful book, Steve. Love Charnel House editions

I didn't mention it but that photo of Ellison is mounted under museum glass.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    ELLISON UNDER GLASS numbered edition from Charnel House. Sent on April 4, arrived here 32 days later, phew! My somewhat dark pictures do not do the book justice:

Looks like a really cool book. Congrats.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BEAUTIFUL BOOK !!!

Thanks Frank!
    The lettered edition arrived today while I was taking a nap!
    I must now either build a new display shelf somewhere or re-arrange my top tier Ellison shelf to accommodate these volumes.
    Something to do!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good looking!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Thanks Garrell.
    Has it been 35 years already?
    No wonder I literally have no place to put those 3 Ellison books. I am out of room!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is one of the better SK illustrations I've seen.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I looked at those Ellison editions when they were first announced, but I'm not a big Ellison collector so I didn't pull the trigger. I was very curious about the lettered edition!

Looking at your pictures, I can't tell a big difference between the lettered and the numbered apart from the cloth. It looks like the numbered edition has nice black cloth but the lettered edition has nicer red cloth. Is this the main distinction? I thought I recalled that the lettered edition had a window or something - is that actually the case? Maybe it's just the pictures, but I can't tell a difference between how the signed photograph is mounted on the numbered edition versus how it's mounted to the lettered edition.

What are your thoughts on this edition versus the other nicer Ellison editions from Charnel House and Sub Press?

The lettered edition of Blood's a Rover is the only lettered Ellison I have and I quite like it.

There's a HUGE difference!
    The numbered edition is black and the lettered edition is dark red!!!

Sorry, all kidding aside, here are the differences:
    First numbered --- then lettered
    handbound in black Japanese silk --- handbound in red sharkskin Japanese silk
    3X4 inch silver gel print of Ellison under glass --- each copy with a different, etc. unique to each book

Except for number and letter, those are pretty much the only differences. I'm almost more impressed with the 100 copy trade edition's mica-glass boards, but I really like all the books. They also smell like a new car.

Almost forgot, I'd have to pull down the other lettered editions to compare them, but I think BLOOD'S A ROVER would be last on the list, although I still really like it, even though I was (sort of) ripped off from buying it direct from the publisher (in my opinion anyway).

Bought from Canada.
    Shipped from Ohio.
    UK 1st trade paperback printing.
    Printed in Australia:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I admit I have never heard of Ellison, but those books look like really nice ed.
    Congrats

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't he in a movie that Rob Schnieder made a guest appearance in?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice pick up on IIB.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Ellison who?
    Rob who?
    Thanks Brian!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a HUGE difference!
    The numbered edition is black and the lettered edition is dark red!!!

Sorry, all kidding aside, here are the differences:
    First numbered --- then lettered
    handbound in black Japanese silk --- handbound in red sharkskin Japanese silk
    3X4 inch silver gel print of Ellison under glass --- each copy with a different, etc. unique to each book

Except for number and letter, those are pretty much the only differences. I'm almost more impressed with the 100 copy trade edition's mica-glass boards, but I really like all the books. They also smell like a new car.

Almost forgot, I'd have to pull down the other lettered editions to compare them, but I think BLOOD'S A ROVER would be last on the list, although I still really like it, even though I was (sort of) ripped off from buying it direct from the publisher (in my opinion anyway).
    Thanks for the answer!

And really - the Sub Press Blood's A Rover lettered is your least favorite?? The one with the marbled boards?? I've never seen it available cheaper than the published price of $500 so I still think you got a deal if you bought it direct!

I overpaid for mine. Well, I paid market rates during the time after release when it was really hot, and now it's cooled. But I just liked it so much I was worried I would never see it again (a rookie mistake that I still make every so often, because there absolutely are once-in-a-lifetime chances I've missed and it can be soooooo hard to tell the difference)...

It's also the only Ellison lettered I have so maybe all the others are just really that good!

Once I get all my Ellison lettereds down and reorganized I'll make a new evaluation of which ones I like the best. I judge them by the books AND the book cases, and in that respect, the carved wooden box for STALKING THE NIGHTMARE will always come out on top, probably followed by the hand made cage for MEPHISTO IN ONYX. It's (STN) also the one I paid the most money for.
    I paid WAY over price for BLOOD'S A ROVER. I could have had it for one third the price I paid for it if I had waited, but like you, I was worried about it drying up. If I had extra cash, I'd buy that 'B' copy that keeps popping up on E-Bay, but I can't squeeze my finances that thin.

I guess I think too much of myself, but I thought Sub Press might have held one of the lettereds back for me on BLOOD because I ALWAYS bought their lettered Vance and Ellison books. They did that for me on the Vances (mostly), but not on two of the Ellison books. It made me angry, but it's not their fault, it's just the way it is. The L'IL HARLAN lettered I managed to find for a relatively good price, but whoever sold me BLOOD made a nice profit. More power to him!

My problem now is figuring out how to get more room. I think I've solved it, but it means a trip to Home Depot for lumber, and then I have to build and stain the shelves. I might start that project next week. The lettereds are so nice I like to display them, and that takes up space!

Country
    Country Flag

Once I get all my Ellison lettereds down and reorganized I'll make a new evaluation of which ones I like the best. I judge them by the books AND the book cases, and in that respect, the carved wooden box for STALKING THE NIGHTMARE will always come out on top, probably followed by the hand made cage for MEPHISTO IN ONYX. It's (STN) also the one I paid the most money for.
    I paid WAY over price for BLOOD'S A ROVER. I could have had it for one third the price I paid for it if I had waited, but like you, I was worried about it drying up. If I had extra cash, I'd buy that 'B' copy that keeps popping up on E-Bay, but I can't squeeze my finances that thin.

I guess I think too much of myself, but I thought Sub Press might have held one of the lettereds back for me on BLOOD because I ALWAYS bought their lettered Vance and Ellison books. They did that for me on the Vances (mostly), but not on two of the Ellison books. It made me angry, but it's not their fault, it's just the way it is. The L'IL HARLAN lettered I managed to find for a relatively good price, but whoever sold me BLOOD made a nice profit. More power to him!

My problem now is figuring out how to get more room. I think I've solved it, but it means a trip to Home Depot for lumber, and then I have to build and stain the shelves. I might start that project next week. The lettereds are so nice I like to display them, and that takes up space!
    Ah ah I misinterpreted your comment, I thought you were saying that the $500 published price felt like a rip off! And it does sound like maybe it's not on top because the other lettered editions are just that good. I've seen pics of your Mephisto and it looks just wonderful. I haven't seen Stalking I don't think. I've seen most of the Charnel House lettereds and while they look very nice indeed there is always something better about handling them in person that would probably change my mind on a few.

I would love to see a display of your lettered editions, I imagine it would be quite extraordinary - even just the Ellison ones. But yes it takes up precious, precious space to actually display them in a way that you can fully appreciate them... I'm currently reorganizing my office at home with the goal of trying to both fit more books and display more books and I'm not sure I can have both

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 167 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast