Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
Holy moley! Thanks for all the comments. I just posted some pictures of The Talisman at The Collector's site.
As for drooling on my books, well, I don't know, I'll have to think about that!
I've been seriously collecting for, damn!, 40 years! But I was born a negative 60 years ago so I'm only 20.
I'm missing some of the early 1st British PBs, but have most of them. I stopped collecting the British editions a few years ago because of the expense, but maybe I'll catch up on those one of these days. I've also been a little dissapointed with some of King's books lately (don't hit me!), so that kind of made me not pursue some of his other editions.
As for Salem's Lot, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I think I paid about $250 for it and had absolutely no idea of it's rarity. But it was nice to find out!
The thing that interests me with the 'Salem's Lot is that without the crease in the spine.... it wouldn't have come from the Doubleday art department stash.

So does this mean that some of the $8.95 jackets weren't clipped and WERE available at retail outlets?

Thoughts??
As far as I know, and I wasn't there so this could be wrong, there are no jackets with creases, only the four that were in the 'filing cabinet', WITHOUT creases. I have seen speculations that up to a dozen or so of these jackets exist, but it is just speculation as far as I can tell. I DID NOT get mine at a retail outlet. I don't even remember how I found out about the 3 states of the jacket anymore, that was a long time ago.