Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 167 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4166

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It looks pretty neat! I preordered this from CD but canceled because of the shipping costs. Got the VJ Books set instead - cheaper and faster plus Straub signature, but CD's slipcase looks way better.
    Did you post what the VJ set looks like yet?
    I did not post a pic but I think I said (somewhere) what it looks like: a very simple and generic black slipcase. I bought it specifically for the books, since I couldn't get hold of F/F copies elsewhere.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What are the VJ books? I haven't read much Straub.

Two more Matheson ARCs; THE LINK and WOMAN:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

'VJ Books' is a bookstore. They also offered the new Talisman/Black House set in a slipcase (like Cemetery Dance did).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

'VJ Books' is a bookstore. They also offered the new Talisman/Black House set in a slipcase (like Cemetery Dance did).
    I've had that VJ Books link saved for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger. So the slipcase is completely plain?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. A really basic, black slipcase.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. A really basic, black slipcase.
    Well like you said, you bought it for what's inside.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

All is now clear to me.

I received my paperback copies of THE TWELVE today from James in New Zealand (thanks James!). They have the same number of pages, but are printed in Australia and are thicker than the UK version:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm always a little relieved when international packages arrive safe and sound! Look great next to the rest of the set...

Yes they do!!

I bought one of these promo CDs too:

Another Matheson ARC, DUEL & THE DISTRIBUTOR:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!! You've got some terrific new additions there!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Twelves

Richard Matheson's KOLCHAK SCRIPTS ARC:

The last of my current batch of Matheson ARCs:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love your collection.

Thanks, so do I!

I didn't get a paper Saturday, and I never call the delivery person when this happens, but for some reason I did this time. Good thing too, because this was in it:

He is holding a copy of JOYLAND (must be an ARC) along with other books in front of his modest Florida home:

Volumes 3 and 4 of Harlan Ellison's Brain Movies series are now out:

2 new William Peter Blatty books from Sub Press (although not originally published by them):

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shrinkwrap = Devil!

I will remove the shrinkwrap from those when I get around to reading them. I'm only about 100 books behind right now, although I just pulled 11-22-63 out of order to read it before the movie comes out!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Centipede Press books are something that you really need to feel under your fingertips to appreciate. It's not like the (this is blasphemy but please, bear with me) Grant DT S/Ls at all.

I have my eye on a few of their books but money is tight right now. Are you going to get their deluxe edition of Anubis Gates by Tim Powers? Jerad said it might be "a little expensive" so I'm expecting it to be around $1000. I saw the art for it and it's absolutely amazing.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Centipede Press books are something that you really need to feel under your fingertips to appreciate. It's not like the (this is blasphemy but please, bear with me) Grant DT S/Ls at all.

I have my eye on a few of their books but money is tight right now. Are you going to get their deluxe edition of Anubis Gates by Tim Powers? Jerad said it might be "a little expensive" so I'm expecting it to be around $1000. I saw the art for it and it's absolutely amazing.
    Yep. I have the 3 James Herbert Ltd editions that centipede published. Beautiful books.

I've never read Tim Powers, so will not be ordering ANUBIS GATES. I am trying, though not successfully, to restrict myself to authors I collect. If I did that, I'd have more money to spend on King books, but sometimes I see something that looks too interesting to pass up. THE PASSAGE was one of those and I'm glad I bought it!

The only other Centipede Press book I have that I can think of off hand is the 100 copy edition of HELL HOUSE by Richard Matheson. And you're right, it's a very well crafted book.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to see Hell House photos!

I posted the HELL HOUSE photos previously, but I'll do them again when I get home from work.

Meanwhile, my latest from Sub Press, who's lettered ILLUSTRATED DYING EARTH sold out before I even knew it existed. That's the first Vance lettered from them I missed, and I am very dissapointed, even though it's priced too high.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 167 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast