Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very nice!!! Is that "Duma Key" a former HF auction item? Seems familiar. Very cool pieces and I love his work as well.
    No idea I bought it as my first Remarque about a year ago not knowing anything about anything in the SK world. Hell let's be real I didn't know anything about it just thought it was cool looking and didn't even know if a real artist did it or if it was just some dude scribbling in a book. Now I assume it was a prelim he did for Duma key but got it off ebay for $125.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love that Duma Key remarque jsmcmullen92!!!
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful piece!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Over the course of the next 48 hours, I will have some very exciting information to share in support of Don's most recent work.

Pictures specific to a very special project "in the works" by a publisher we all know and love.

Stay tuned....

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Over the course of the next 48 hours, I will have some very exciting information to share in support of Don's most recent work.

Pictures specific to a very special project "in the works" by a publisher we all know and love.

Stay tuned....

Great, another "What's in the box"!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know whats in the box so I cannot play. HEHEHHEHE CANNOT WAIT FOR PICS BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Stay tuned....

Hmmmm. I've got something cooking with Don too. Mine probably won't be for a couple of more weeks though.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While you wait to see what awesome news both Bob and I bring, the link below is an interview recently conducted with Don by underthecrossbones.com.

The entire interview provides fantastic insight into Don's thought process in support of his craft but pay close attention starting at the 22:55 mark. Talks about his participation in a special little project on the horizon by a publisher that we all know and love.

Enjoy.

http://www.underthecrossbones.com/ut...ter-don-maitz/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While you wait to see what awesome news both Bob and I bring, the link below is an interview recently conducted with Don by underthecrossbones.com.

The entire interview provides fantastic insight into Don's thought process in support of his craft but pay close attention starting at the 22:55 mark. Talks about his participation in a special little project on the horizon by a publisher that we all know and love.

Enjoy.

http://www.underthecrossbones.com/ut...ter-don-maitz/
    Wow!!! That's a great link and interview. Check it out folks, you won't be disappointed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don is an amazing individual with great skill.... Excited for what's coming to
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a great time listening to that interview today. I'm very excited to see what scenes he'll do with The Shinning.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I had a great time listening to that interview today. I'm very excited to see what scenes he'll do with The Shinning.
    I especially enjoyed the part where he discussed his "process". Very enlightening.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Perhaps a few examples will surface soon.

Country
    Country Flag

OK, so I know I am a little late with what I promised.......my bad.

Still working through the final details with Don related to an exciting post specific to a very special project "in the works" by a publisher we all know and love..

Soon. Very soon.

P.S. No, this has nothing to do with my "epic" reveal. That is progressing nicely BTW. Getting closer.

Country
    Country Flag

As we all know, Cemetery Dance will soon be publishing an Artist Lettered, Limited and Gift Edition version of "The Shining" which will feature both Cover and Interior Illustrations by Don Maitz. 8 Illustrations (including cover) were done by Don and I am proud to bring you a sample of a few of the Illustrations you will find....

I have recently acquired 4 Original and 7 Preliminary paintings from the project as I have been speaking with Don at length over the course of the last several months while the pieces were being finalized.

Posted below are the pics of what I have received so far (2 Originals / 4 Prelims) as well as an 8.5 x 11 piece containing the very first pencil sketches from Don at the inception of the project.

Both Don and Brian from CD have granted permission for these pics to be posted and we hope that you enjoy seeing several of the illustrations. Perhaps for the very first time.

As you would expect, his work is extraordinary.

Oh, and the Overlook Hotel original painting that some of you saw in Florida has already been claimed. By the author…...

Enjoy.....will post pics of the other 2 Prelims and 2 Originals upon receipt.

PRELIMINARY PENCIL SKETCHES - WHERE IT ALL STARTED

UNDER THE OVERLOOK - PRELIM and ORIGINAL

JACK ATTACKS - PRELIM and ORIGINAL

THE OVERLOOK - COVER PRELIM

JACK TAKES A DRINK - PRELIM (Original Painting Owned by TDT Member carlosdetweiller)

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunning, Tim. Very jealous!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love them, Tim. I hope CD issues an art portfolio.

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing, Tim! I love Don's interpretation of those scenes... even more though after hearing his thought process at the FL event.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

By my count Don has done eight oil paintings for this project and all of them are really, really good. THE SHINING was my first King book to read and is still my favorite. The bar scenes in The Overlook are among my favorite in both the book and Kubrick's movie. I was really happy for the opportunity to get Don's interpretation of Jack taking that first drink. I got this yesterday and have Don's permission to post pics here. 11"x16" oil on panel.

The first is the scan that Don sent me and the last two are photos of the framed piece (angled to move the glare from the flash).

The images are all copyrighted by Don Maitz. I have tried numerous times to add the text "Art © Don Maitz" to the images but the text is always removed when they get posted to this site. Not sure if it is a photobucket thing or not. Can't figure it out.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Awesome artwork. Serious kudos and congrats to Tim and Bob.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sort of prefer the Prefilm artworks ! Absolutely impressive!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

These are all fabulous. I love Don's vision as an "Imaginative Realist" in displaying Kings work.
    When I visited his studio while he was working on these pieces I knew there would be someone or two or more who would want to snatch them up.
    I was also happy when Don mentioned S King wanted the original Oil of The Overlook.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Country
    Country Flag

King did take the Cover. When I was in Florida I had to have the Lion piece. I am super excited to see it when it arrives. Congratulations to you as well Bob. Stunning.. he really has knocked it out of the park on this. I alas wish I could get the larger Lion piece but will be happy with what I can afford at this time. Don is the MAN!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast