Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1401

Thread: King's worst novel?

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh i LOVE the fact that we are going through a Vampire Craze right now. it's about damn time we are. i only say that cause really ONLY 1 reason I LOVE Vampires. some of the best shows & films have come about because of vampires.

Traveler pvs is on a distinguished road pvs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For myself I would have to say Cycle of the Werewolf, I know it's not a novel, but this short-story is just too dang short. I love the artwork by Bernie Wrightson, but this is one book that needs some more "meat" on it.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pvs View Post
    For myself I would have to say Cycle of the Werewolf, the story is just too dang short. I love the artwork by Bernie Wrightson, but this is one book that needs some more "meat" on it.
    It's not a great book, but I can't help but to feel a fondness for it.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia. I feel the writing is not up to par and forced, making his prose sluggish. He mentioned (I believed, I just finished reading it) in On Writing that this was one of the times he went against his natural process and actually tried to map out this novel (although he did the same with The Stand and that is arguably his most popular work).

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Rose Madder. Ze bool was ridicilous. It's almost like King knew the book was bad so he decided to knock it up a notch and take it to the absurd territory. Story itself was fine, story telling sucked poop.

Dolores Claiborne. Oof. Quick and easy read but this was some serious feminist shit.. which I'm all for when it's honest. This book just felt forced to me. Like King was on a deadline and had to submit something.

The Tommyknockers. Average as a King book, AWFUL as sci-fi.

Gerald's Game. I tried and I tried and I tried. I read 1/3 of it, the rest I read here and there, got the jist of it, decided it's hands down the worst King book I ever had the misfortune of reading.

Most Bachman books are painful. I liked Blaze (I knew what I was getting into), loved The Long Walk, The Running Man was good and the rest I want erased from my memory.

Carrie and Cujo are two of the early works I'll probably never re-read.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

All right on. Except, I like Thinner.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's story.....................so slow and dull pg 227 still waiting for it to grab me

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    Lisey's story.....................so slow and dull pg 227 still waiting for it to grab me
    It will get marginally better closer to the end. But never really good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Veeeeery marginally....no wait....no... its sucks all the way through.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

alas

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you guys feel about the Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon? I thought it was a well told story but felt cheated after I read it. It was so anti climatic, with only 4 or 5 pages of actual conflict.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't find it anti-climatic. Not much outright conflict, but I thought it was a well told story.

Traveler AndrewP is on a distinguished road AndrewP's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Shit Weasels

Dreamcatcher. Damn shit weasels. Orange goop. Bleh.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Dreamcatcher. Damn shit weasels. Orange goop. Bleh.
    Ahh, C'mon "Shit-Weasels" was a disgusting, yet awesome plot twist!!! I mean, The Horror, the horror!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flack and maybe not one person would agree but the worst SK novel I have read TO ME is definitely Insomnia...
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia is definitely bottom 5. As is Dreamcatcher.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved both of those stories!

Country
    Country Flag

bears like Dreamcatcher, and love Insomnia

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears like Dreamcatcher, and love Insomnia
    so do Barbaras, two of my favorites bears!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Agree. Good characters, poor novels. Incoherent and unbelievable -- in both cases, the seams inside are loose and the bones too visible, continually shouting "This is a work of fiction!"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Good characters, poor novels. Incoherent and unbelievable
    that's what they usually say about Dickens (my favorite writer ever)

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Good characters, poor novels. Incoherent and unbelievable
    that's what they usually say about Dickens (my favorite writer ever)
    Anyway, I like Stephen King; these just aren't his best works.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO Bag of Bones was boring as hell. And I read all of Insomnia. The Tommyknockers I gave up on, I was tired of hearing about the woman's periods and the dude's drunk poetry. Tommyknockers actually made me angry.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

TOMMYKNOCKERS!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Agree. Good characters, poor novels. Incoherent and unbelievable -- in both cases, the seams inside are loose and the bones too visible, continually shouting "This is a work of fiction!"
    I've gotta admit I couldn't get through Dreamcatcher, but for some reason I really loved reading Insomnia. Maybe it was because I was expecting something a lot worse, but I enjoyed Insomnia a lot more than I expected to.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast