Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can all forget the proposed rules that I posted for selecting keepers. I just got off the phone with ESPN's customer service and their system will not allow me to implement those rules. That is BS since Yahoo! (not exactly the first website you think about for sports) has a fantasy website that allows for such customization and more.

Here are our options as I see it (from most likely to least):

1. We can just use ESPN's rules the way they are: select a set number of keepers and they will count as the picks at the beginning of the draft. I will probably up the number of keepers if we do this.
    2. We can use part of their rules and part of mine, meaning the keepers would still be slotted in the first rounds but nobody can keep a player from the first two rounds of last year's draft. This will require the honor system but it will mean that the some of best players are still out there to draft once it gets past the keepers. It also sort of rewards those who found great players after their first picks.
    3. We can forget about keeping anyone and just re-draft
    4. We can draft offline on this website by posting our picks and I can facilitate it. This would take God only knows how much time and we would have to create an "auto-draft" list for anyone who couldn't make it.
    5. We go completely wild and make this a "dynasty" league. Meaning that you can keep any player you want, up to all of them, and only have to draft replacements for those you don't keep. We could still use ESPN's online draft to do this because once you hit your last keeper you would just draft like normal. (This would take the "snake" format out of the draft as a side effect.)

Everyone but doh has confirmed that they are playing again so that makes doing a dynasty league a possibility since it would be unfair to a completely new team if all of the best players are already kept. With a dynasty league the draft basically becomes a place to select the best rookies or possible breakout players each year to replace the bottom end of your roster.

Please let me know which option you would most like by simply posting the number below. If there is a majority then that is the way I will set it up.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna go with "Dynasty" if that is OK....

FWIW I'll keep...

Eli Manning
    Arian Foster
    Steven Jackson
    Dez Bryant
    49ers DST
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I vote for #3

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm gonna go with "Dynasty" if that is OK....
    Why would your vote not be OK?

I forgot to mention that anyone who picks option 1 (ESPN rules) can also suggest the number of keepers per team. (Four max or it might as well be a dynasty).

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a preference, as long as I can dump Aaron Hernandez.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I would prefer either A) New Draft or B) Limited Keeper(s). My team is such a stinker the dynasty feature will not work for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I think I would prefer either A) New Draft or B) Limited Keeper(s). My team is such a stinker the dynasty feature will not work for me.
    Which way are you voting: option 1, 2, or 3?

Remember with either of the keeper options you don't have to keep anyone if you don't want so in the rounds where everyone else's keepers are placed you would then be drafting from every player that isn't being kept.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Which way are you voting: option 1, 2, or 3?

Remember with either of the keeper options you don't have to keep anyone if you don't want so in the rounds where everyone else's keepers are placed you would then be drafting from every player that isn't being kept.
    Pay no attention to, Tim!!! He's a habitual whiner and malcontent!!! Hell, he's in Germany for God's sake!!! Just go "Dynasty" and do not listen to him!!! Tim, has other issues, like his lack of good internet!!! LOL LOL LOL Not to mention his unfortunate choice of teams to root for!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Its a vote and so far nothing has jumped ahead so don't get too far ahead of yourself. Currently it stands:

1 for no keepers
    1 for either no keepers or limited keepers (waiting on Tim for clarification)
    1 for keepers (option 2)(my vote)
    1 for dynasty
    1 no vote

If there is not a winner then my vote will be the decider.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin actually has me pegged pretty good. LOL.

Spoiler:
    To clarify I pick limited keepers.

Country
    Country Flag

Its a vote and so far nothing has jumped ahead so don't get too far ahead of yourself. Currently it stands:

1 for no keepers
    1 for "limited keepers" (I am taking this to mean option 1 since Tim has previously said he had no one after the third round he would keep)
    1 for dynasty
    1 no vote

So no one else cares one way or the other?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hutch and I are open to whatever, one of us is gonna win either way
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry - I'm late to the game. If I understand it correctly - if we choose keepers - that does not mean that you have to keep someone, you could decide not to. And obviously this could change from year to year. Now for example - if you kept someone this year who was drafted in 5th round last year - that would become your 3rd round pick. Could you then keep that same player the following year? But he would then become your 1st round pick? (Since from what I remembered reading the keeper would move up 2 rounds from the previous year). And then after this you couldn't keep him again - since no keepers allowed from first 2 rounds.

If this is correct then I'd be fine with keepers - since it would still be up to us if we want to use it or not.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Sorry - I'm late to the game. If I understand it correctly - if we choose keepers - that does not mean that you have to keep someone, you could decide not to. And obviously this could change from year to year. Now for example - if you kept someone this year who was drafted in 5th round last year - that would become your 3rd round pick. Could you then keep that same player the following year? But he would then become your 1st round pick? (Since from what I remembered reading the keeper would move up 2 rounds from the previous year). And then after this you couldn't keep him again - since no keepers allowed from first 2 rounds.

If this is correct then I'd be fine with keepers - since it would still be up to us if we want to use it or not.
    Those are the rules I wanted but ESPN will not allow it with their online draft system. Please see the post at the top of the page to see the options we are currently voting on. ESPN rules are basically that you pick a keeper and he counts as your first round pick (or first rounds if we set it for more than one.) The other options should explain themselves. Please pick the one you like best. Anyway you vote you have the option not to keep anyone.

Country
    Country Flag

FYI, I am amending option 2 to say that you can keep anyone but a first round selection from last year. I think that the first two rounds would have been too restrictive since the keepers have to count as this year's first round and that nobody would have kept anyone. With this rule it basically means you will not be able to keep a player more than one year.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I guess I have to vote for re-draft - #3 - since I'm not sure the order my players were drafted in and I never drafted them. And by the looks of it - his draft mentality is different then mine.

Country
    Country Flag

2 for no keepers
    1 for "limited keepers" (option 1?)
    1 for dynasty
    3 no votes

Here is the way it currently stands. 3 want keepers but don't agree on the rules, 2 want a complete redraft, and 3 don't care. That leaves 4 having not voted yet.

To cit74: The only draft option where draft position would matter now would be #2. And with my amendment to that option the only player you couldn't keep would be Chris Johnson (Cam Newton would have been the other before the change.) All of the keepers count as the first round this year because of ESPN's rules. Are you sure you want a complete redraft? Remember you do not have to keep any of the players from last year so you could basically redraft anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

2 for no keepers
    1 for "limited keepers" (option 1?)
    1 for dynasty
    3 no votes

Here is the way it currently stands. 3 want keepers but don't agree on the rules, 2 want a complete redraft, and 3 don't care. That leaves 4 having not voted yet.

To cit74: The only draft option where draft position would matter now would be #2. And with my amendment to that option the only player you couldn't keep would be Chris Johnson (Cam Newton would have been the other before the change.) All of the keepers count as the first round this year because of ESPN's rules. Are you sure you want a complete redraft? Remember you do not have to keep any of the players from last year so you could basically redraft anyway.
    Okay - based on above - if the keepers all count as our first round pick - does that mean there is only 1 keeper available to each team? I was confused if there were multiple keepers allowed from different rounds and which round they would be counted against (not that you could potentially keep your 2nd round pick) - but in the end there is no money involved (just PRIDE) -and I can go either way to see how this might work. Was that wishy-washy enough? I think i would be against multiple keepers.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I vote re-draft this year then keeper/dynasty from here out.

You're doing a great job Rube, I could never get more than 3 people interested in a fantasy football league.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post

You're doing a great job Rube, I could never get more than 3 people interested in a fantasy football league.
    Don't count yourself out so much. I thought you did a fine job as well. Seriously
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well thanks, but I feel out of the loop. For one I need to re-read the DT series, it's been over 3 years. For two the only posts I make here are for the pickem and then the FF league... And if I'm going for a for three: I miss the good ole days
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well thanks, but I feel out of the loop. For one I need to re-read the DT series, it's been over 3 years. For two the only posts I make here are for the pickem and then the FF league... And if I'm going for a for three: I miss the good ole days
    Then get to reading, young man!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I am trying. Like Merlin said, don't sell yourself short. That league you setup was one of the first I ever participated in.

You also raise a good point and an option that I did not consider. We could redraft this year with the understanding that it will be a keeper or dynasty going forward. That way you can consider the long-term worth of who you are drafting especially for the Dynasty option. If we can get a commitment to everyone returning (we had 11 of 12 this year) then I think I would agree to redraft as a Dynasty league going forward. Does anyone else like this option?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I am trying. Like Merlin said, don't sell yourself short. That league you setup was one of the first I ever participated in.

You also raise a good point and an option that I did not consider. We could redraft this year with the understanding that it will be a keeper or dynasty going forward. That way you can consider the long-term worth of who you are drafting especially for the Dynasty option. If we can get a commitment to everyone returning (we had 11 of 12 this year) then I think I would agree to redraft as a Dynasty league going forward. Does anyone else like this option?
    I guess just about anything works for me. I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love that option. I want to start fresh this year, and then we can do the Dynasty thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast