Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I have reopened TheDarkTower.org Fantasy Football League. You should all have received emails today as reminders.
    I haven't gotten any emails yet.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I have reopened TheDarkTower.org Fantasy Football League. You should all have received emails today as reminders.
    I haven't gotten any emails yet.
    It should have gone to whatever email you used for last year's league. It would say it is from ESPN. Maybe check your spam folder.

It was just a reminder anyway. If you sign into your ESPN account you should see a link to the league.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want the trophy back!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well we have 7 of the 12 who have confirmed they are playing already so you have at least 6 people that may have something to say about that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well we have 7 of the 12 who have confirmed they are playing already so you have at least 6 people that may have something to say about that.
    LOL We shall see!!

FWIW, I would like to "keep" Arian Foster.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    LOL We shall see!!

The proposed Keeper rules say you can't keep anyone you drafted in the first two rounds.

Keeper Note: ****Below are the rules I wanted to implement but have not found a way to setup on ESPN's website. Therefore they may change*** You can keep one player from last season. That player will count as a draft pick two rounds higher than where he was picked last year whether or not you were the one to draft him, meaning a third-round pick last year counts as a first-round pick this year, a fourth as a second, and so on. That also means no player from the first two rounds of last year's draft can be kept. Any player you picked up that was undrafted last year will count the same as a player in the last round of the draft, a 14th-round pick this year. This puts an element of strategy into picking your keeper because you will need to weight the value of where you get to draft that player and not just if he is your best player available to keep. If we keep this format going forward, it also means you might want to think twice about trading away a good player you got late in the draft for immediate help this season since he might be the one you want to keep next season.

Can we see the draft from last year? I don't remember what rounds the players were drafted in.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Can we see the draft from last year? I don't remember what rounds the players were drafted in.
    I would like to see last years draft as well. I can't find it on the espn site.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL We shall see!!

The proposed Keeper rules say you can't keep anyone you drafted in the first two rounds.

Keeper Note: ****Below are the rules I wanted to implement but have not found a way to setup on ESPN's website. Therefore they may change*** You can keep one player from last season. That player will count as a draft pick two rounds higher than where he was picked last year whether or not you were the one to draft him, meaning a third-round pick last year counts as a first-round pick this year, a fourth as a second, and so on. That also means no player from the first two rounds of last year's draft can be kept. Any player you picked up that was undrafted last year will count the same as a player in the last round of the draft, a 14th-round pick this year. This puts an element of strategy into picking your keeper because you will need to weight the value of where you get to draft that player and not just if he is your best player available to keep. If we keep this format going forward, it also means you might want to think twice about trading away a good player you got late in the draft for immediate help this season since he might be the one you want to keep next season.

Oh well, sounds too complicated to me!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

You say complicated, I say requiring strategy. Probably doesn't matter because I haven't figured out how to do it with a live draft on ESPN. You can do whatever you want in an offline draft but that would be too hard to make work on here.

We are using those exact rules on my Yahoo league and their custom draft features are setup to help you do whatever you like with keepers. I found these rules in an article with suggestions for improving your fantasy league and saw them on another website as well. The people in my Yahoo league really like the rules so far, mainly because it leaves most of the top players available and because you normally have a least one player that you can keep that is a steal in the round you get to draft him in.

I will let everyone know when the rules are finalized.

Also, there is definitely a way to see last year's draft because I was looking at it this weekend. I will see if I can find the exact link but I think it was in league history or something similar.

Edit: From the league page click "history," then "league office," then "draft recap." You can sort by rounds or teams.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If for any reason you have an open spot - let me know - I would be interested in filing a vacant hole.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    If for any reason you have an open spot - let me know - I would be interested in filing a vacant hole.
    Only if you are willing to put the "Grand Prize" up for grabs!!! LOL LOL LOL

Be great to have ya, Chad!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck everyone! Fantasy is not my thang, but I hope you split your DT football love and join in on the Pick 'Em contest when the season begins. I'll get it up and running during preseason.

Props to the managers of this contest.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Playing both
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Grand Prize?? I have no idea what you are talking about....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Grand Prize?? I have no idea what you are talking about....

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Edit: From the league page click "history," then "league office," then "draft recap." You can sort by rounds or teams.
    Thanks. What happens if you don't want to keep anyone? I just looked at my team and I'm not seeing a keeper after the first three rounds.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Thanks. What happens if you don't want to keep anyone? I just looked at my team and I'm not seeing a keeper after the first three rounds.

No one is required to keep anyone if they don't want to do so. In that case you would redraft from scratch. However, I would wait until the rules are finalized before deciding since ESPN's default settings let you keep anyone (as your first round pick). I can't say for sure since I haven't looked at your draft from last year but almost everyone normally has someone that would be a good value in the round they would get them. The player may not be a star but if you can get a starter with a late round pick that is worth keeping.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Trophy pics:

Last years' winner Joe -

This years' winner Garrell -
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Garrell.

There you go everyone. That is what you are playing for.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It will be mine! Mwawww Mwawaaa

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't throw out the box it came in!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Staying in Indy, I can just drive a few minutes to Joes' house to claim it
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you haven't heard from my brother or I yet consider us both in again. By whatever rules, we don't care.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. That means we have almost everyone back. I will contact the ones that haven't said anything to make sure they are playing. If there is an opening I will send an invite to cit74. If there are two I will post that here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Big Blue!!!!

Did I type that out loud? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast