Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Have to say sorry all. When this thing started I had a working computer at home. After the first week, my computer at home took a crap and my work computer blocks the fantasy site, soooo......I've not made a single substitution since the draft. Nor have I even been able to track my progress. I'm sure its bad, but I didnt intentionally just let this go. Better luck next time.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hey spencer i'll try to find a link or explain it further soon, i've had a bad week and no internet access.

browning's childe, it's ok. i could possibly email you your players and such and just do your moves by my league manager powers... lemme know.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i fared better against SpaceMaN than i thought i would

i still lost, but i didn't get killed as i'd expected

had willis mcgahee and pierre garcon done anything at all, and had i started roethlisberger instead of sanchez

oh well

there's always next week

until the final week of the season i suppose

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spencer, if you're on the league home page, right under where it says League, My Team, etc.. there are the league options of: home, settings, members, rosters, etc.. all scoring information is in the settings tab. (click settings)

The waivers work like this:
    The waiver order started as inverse of the draft order, so the 10th draft pick got the first waiver. If you use your waiver for any player, you drop to last on the waiver order, and you only move up if other people use their waivers. (they drop to last) so if the 3rd, 4th, and 7th waivers all want the same player, the 3rd would get him and drop to 10th, 4th and 7th would move up to 3rd and 6th. If you have multiple people you want, you can order them which one you want the most, 2nd most... on down the line.

Or you can do like me, which is wait till thursday morning (the site usually processes the waivers around 5 a.m EST) when everyone not dropped by someone is a free agent, and you can pick whoever you want. If you drop someone, the player you drop is on the waivers for 2 days, regardless of when you drop them.
    All players are on waivers until thursday morning. If you want a player off the waiver wire, whoever has the highest priority will get that player.

To see the waiver order, from your team page it will tell you somewhere in the top by your matchup, last matchup, etc... it tells you your current waiver position and you can click on it to see the entire order.

My advice is unless you REALLY want or need someone badly, wait until thursday to do your moves. That's why I'm #1 waiver in almost every league I'm in. If you're #1, you get whoever you want, but then you move to #10.

Hope that helps.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I just wanted to say that I have posted some smack talk in the spirit of these fantasy leagues, and meant no disrespect to anyone. Usually that is part of the fun but, it appears no one is into it in that way which, is cool. I just didn't realize and was just trying to "jump start" the BS so to speak. No offense intended and I will cease as of now.

Good Luck to all and have a great season!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

no no no no no

talk all the shit you want, i already explained that's a (major) part of the game.

the message board on the league is quite dead though.

you're on a roll now, but you're goin' down, sucka!!

bring it!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If talking smack would help me win then I would participate but it is kind of hard to brag when you're 1-4.

I have never been much of a smack-talking even when I actually played football in high school. I was more the kind that would hit you in the mouth and then stand over you with a crazy look in my eyes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    If talking smack would help me win then I would participate but it is kind of hard to brag when you're 1-4.

I have never been much of a smack-talking even when I actually played football in high school. I was more the kind that would hit you in the mouth and then stand over you with a crazy look in my eyes.
    LOL I can relate to that!!!!!! LOL

Oh and Spaceman? I'll be looking for you Pal!!!!!! Only what I'll be bringing you don't want any part of Sport!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

*ahem*

6-0

that is all

days like this are why i keep thomas jones in the line up every week and why i am even happier he plays for the jets.

i've seen enough to know that he could play like this every week. he just doesn't. but when he does, well he's at 146 yards and a touchdown and there's still 7:00 to go in the first half.

now let's give leon some carries since i started him today too.

also, i think i may start roethlisberger again soon. that worked out well.

ETA:

am i seeing things correctly?

rube, did you really bench drew brees for david garard?

i know brees was up against the giants but wow.

as your opponent, i suppose i should thank you for it because right now that looks to be the difference in our scores.

am i trash talking correctly?

Last edited by lux interior; 10-18-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: trash talking without the :P smiley is pointless

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually if you add up the difference, that did not cost me the game. However, that will be the last time that I trust the ESPN projections on who to start. Which, by the way, also convinced me to pick up the wrong TE to sub for Clark. I think what is really costing me games is the consistantly bad performance of the WRs I have.

in the end it wasn't the difference

but, when i posted that at halftime, had you played brees, you'd have been winning at that point

anyway, i pulled back to a .500 record so hooray for that

Country
    Country Flag

don't trust the projections.

sometimes you can tell, but most times they're off, and if they're off big time....

yeah, projections said rube's team was going to mop the floor with mine. scoreboard says something different.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I think what is really costing me games is the consistantly bad performance of the WRs I have.
    I'm with you there. Whoever I pick up has the worst week ever, and whoever I drop or bench has a good week.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    *ahem*

6-0

that is all
    That's only cause you have'nt played me yet!!! LOL

Wait'll week 9!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

so, Spencer, did any of that waiver stuff make sense? did you find the scoring and all that?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    yeah, projections said rube's team was going to mop the floor with mine. scoreboard says something different.
    Well that has been a trend this season. The line and preview keep telling me that I am going to win but then I score anywhere from 30 to 60 points less than what it projects. I think it is because I have some big name players who have not yet done well on the same week (except maybe for week 1). For example, I don't think Spaceman has editted his roster yet but right now it has we winning that game. Yeah right!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5 in a row!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

i guess losing to me had a positive effect on your team

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

i guess losing to me had a positive effect on your team
    LOL Ok, I guess i owe you a Thank You for humble beginnings!! LOL

However I will have my revenge!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

well, if i remember correctly, the first week was when you were still learning the ropes of roster management, so the next time we play will probably be a better matchup. between my roster and yours we can almost play jets versus giants.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    so, Spencer, did any of that waiver stuff make sense? did you find the scoring and all that?
    I sure did! Thanks for the help! Now, if the guys I pick up start doing better, I'll be set.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

well, if i remember correctly, the first week was when you were still learning the ropes of roster management, so the next time we play will probably be a better matchup. between my roster and yours we can almost play jets versus giants.

Very True, but I was not gonna float excuses out there. After "Further Review" we don't play again unless we make the playoffs so since we both seem to be NY fans: GO GANG GREEN!!!!!!!!!

On a side note: GO YANKEES!!!!!!

1 Win = 40 AL Chamionships!!!!

5 Wins = 27 World Championships!!!!!!

Sorry, I hadda throw that in there!!! LOL LOL

P.S. Were'nt you the one who originally had Brady? If so (could be another league), Bravo for dropping him......BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very True, but I was not gonna float excuses out there. After "Further Review" we don't play again unless we make the playoffs so since we both seem to be NY fans: GO GANG GREEN!!!!!!!!!
    yes, go gang green indeed. i am head-to-head with candy this week and we are tied for second in our division, a loooooooong way back from spaceman up there in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    P.S. Were'nt you the one who originally had Brady? If so (could be another league), Bravo for dropping him......BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!
    oh goodness no. i'd not draft brady under any circumstances. i just can't bring myself to have a patriot on my team. i knew i'd miss out on brees, so i targeted rivers as my first qb. he's done well, but i switched to big ben last week since he played the hapless browns. this week i'm not sure yet. the vikings may have a good run defense, but not so much against the pass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast