Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    And tell me that Boston hasn't had its share of Dick! If there was a chance that A-Rod would go to Boston - Boston would be chomping at the bit! manny was a dick - still is - but while in a red sox uniform he was loved for his prowess at the plate!

Amd to keep things positive congrats on Wakefield winning the Clemente Award. He is definitley NOT a dick! :-)
    Let us not forget Pedro, the man with no "Daddy" and no class!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty good "Needs" article:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

I wonder how many MLB teams can say they have "Legacy" players?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks better stop fucking around with Jeter. Just sign him to a "Lifetime" contract and be done with it already.

Can I get an "A-Men"??????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

These guys should just get it done!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AMEN!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally!!!! A glimmer of sanity in the Bronx!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...igoogle_sports
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Thank God that got done!!!!!!

Think he can pass the physical? LOL

Now we can focus on Mr. Lee. Goddamn Sox got Gonzalez, but with C.C., Lee, Hughes, Pettite & Mo we should be in good shape!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check This out:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Ha Ha!!!! The curse is re-invented!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Jeter & Rivera deals were both fair and smart. The Yanks over-paid, but what value can you put on the first All-Time Yankee reaching 3,000 hits? Both are guaranteed first ballot HOF'ers and will net the organization millions in the long run. It was smart business if, maybe not smart baseball. In the end, they may have to carry Jeet for a year or so, but he means too much to the organization to screw around. George would be proud, I think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, Cliff Lee has now ruined the 2010 Holiday Season!!!!

Now What? We're in serious need here to do something BIG. Sign Manny maybe?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No Manny please - NEVER! Some players I just can't stomach!

The Yankees did just sign Free Agent Catcher Russel Martin - I think that is a good move! He has some power and I'd much rather see him and Montero compete for the secondary Catcher position. Posada is not long for Catching and moving to full time DH. I would guess that Cervelli is on the way out or at Spring training will not earn a position on the roster.

Now all the more reason for the Yankees to convince Pettitte to pitch one more season. I just don't see Ivan Nova as the 5th starter - he is not ready! Not sure who else it woudl be though - and if Pettitte does not come back then the Yankees are really donw two pitchers. I am confident in CC, Hughes and (yes) even AJ Burnette.

the two best Pitcher Free Agents are Greinke and Pavano - I'd vvote no on either one. Unless pavanao of course would ptich for free to make up for the debacle that was his $40M contract last time around. And Greinke has proven that maybe the limelight of pitchibng in New York is too much for him!

Phillies will definitely have the best roation in baseball. bveen a long time since a rotation like thaqt was put in place. If they all stay healthy it will be a tough team to beat!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

CR....I have to admit that for the first time in a looonnngggg time I'm a little worried (not a lot, a little) Combatting Gonzo and Crawford with Lee I was very OK with, but we got some real questions in the Rotation and the Pen. I too am ok with C.C., Burnett and Hughes, but even if Pettite comes back he's gotta be a bit of a ? if for age/health reasons alone. I sure don't want that guy from the Royals, but we need to do something. Manny is a NY guy at heart and no Pedro so, while I don't love it it would be OK with me just as a FU to the Sox.

Seriously though, Cash needs to do some wheeling and dealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm sure he will!!!)

Yes Martin was a nice pick-up!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mark Prior signed to minor league contract with invitation to Spring Training. I wonder what kind of pitcher he is now or is capable of being????

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He could be a diamond in the rough. He was injured and hasn't pitched for a while, but is trying to make a comeback. The Yanks are looking to add him to the Pen. I believe he had surgery and has been rehabbing, shoulder I think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well they signed Pedro Feliciano for the 2nd Bullpen Lefty. Great stats for the kid. A nice add.

Shhhh, but I hear whispers of a possible deal for King Felix for Gardner/Montero
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK I got like the coolest Xmas gift. A Yankee toaster!!!!! It puts the "NY" on the toast!!!!!!! How cool is that? My daughter is the best!!!!!

LOL

Now if we could just get some pitching!!!!! They're looking at KC's closer as Mo's set-up guy and future replacement. Smart move!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rafael Soriano to be the set up guy and most likely heir apparent to "The Sandman!"

Now if we can only get good pitching in innings 1 - 7!!!! Consistently!!!!!!!!!!!1

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rafael Soriano to be the set up guy and most likely heir apparent to "The Sandman!"

Now if we can only get good pitching in innings 1 - 7!!!! Consistently!!!!!!!!!!!1
    True, but it was a good pick-up nevertheless. Mo has got to get old sooner or later. They'll get someone during the season and Pettite may pull a Clemens and come back mid year.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Soriano is now official, meaning if Joba and Robertson can get their collective acts together, Yankee back end starters need only go 5-6 innings!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I think the yankee bull pen is looking might fine.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I think the yankee bull pen is looking might fine.
    It sure is!!!!! Like I said takes a ton of weight off the starters too.

Andruw Jones is now in the fold!!! I liked Thames, but I guess its smart to have a quality veteran fielder as well. That Gholston has an arm though!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting article regarding the Boss and some awards:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see that bernie Williams provided teh entertainment. He is one of my all time fave Yankees! Thinking about that I am listing my 10 all time faves. My criteria is that I must have seen them play (on TV counts; but not old news reels of some of the greats before my time.)

1. Mickey Mantle
    2. Derek Jeter
    3. Mariano Rivera
    4. Bernie Williams
    5. Roger Maris
    6. Paul O'Neil
    7. Mike Mussina
    8. Tony Kubek
    9. Reggie Jackson
    10. Robinson Cano

Honorable Mentino - Alfonso Soriano!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see that bernie Williams provided teh entertainment. He is one of my all time fave Yankees! Thinking about that I am listing my 10 all time faves. My criteria is that I must have seen them play (on TV counts; but not old news reels of some of the greats before my time.)

1. Mickey Mantle
    2. Derek Jeter
    3. Mariano Rivera
    4. Bernie Williams
    5. Roger Maris
    6. Paul O'Neil
    7. Mike Mussina
    8. Tony Kubek
    9. Reggie Jackson
    10. Robinson Cano

Honorable Mentino - Alfonso Soriano!
    That's great list. I'd probably swap Maris and Kubek for Mattingly and Berra (Saw hin manage and played golf with him at a charity event) Maybe should go to 11, A-Rod should be in there somewhere no? Plus you're missing The Goose and the Gator!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

oops forgot about Mattingly! Sorry Tony K you gotta go! I really like A-Rod - just not ready to put him up on the list! And I gotta Honorable Mention Jorge too!

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast