Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Rumors flying that with CC going on the DL he might be done for the season. No idea if that counts also towards the playoffs. Do the Yanks have enough pitching? We will see.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Rumors flying that with CC going on the DL he might be done for the season. No idea if that counts also towards the playoffs. Do the Yanks have enough pitching? We will see.
    Actually, they are better off without him. He's been a drag on the whole pitching staff for a few years now. The Yankees have had their hands tied. They couldn't take him out of the rotation because of who he is and how much he's getting paid. This is a blessing in disguise. My take: his career is done.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They wouldn't need him in the post season anyway. Usually, the team will shorten to a 3 man rotation for the short series with a #4 starter being an occasional necessity. They have (hopefully) Tanaka, Pineda and Nova and if they are smart, Severino to do that job along with a stout bullpen.

Edit: They have as much acknowledged the above scenario in their handling of, Pineda and the call up of Severino.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Actually, they are better off without him. He's been a drag on the whole pitching staff for a few years now. The Yankees have had their hands tied. They couldn't take him out of the rotation because of who he is and how much he's getting paid. This is a blessing in disguise. My take: his career is done.
    I've seen the stats and the decline, but it would simply be nice if he could of perhaps turned it around. Such as a resurgence like many others have done late in the season. I know exactly what you are saying though. I'm hoping with him out, someone younger can step up.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geez... those Jays eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Geez... those Jays eh?
    They are on fire and so dangerous with those bats.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ahem....

This is a Yankees thread! :-)

One birght spot in last night's debacle of a loss! Stephen Drew can pitch! LOL
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

.....And, Pineda didn't look sharp today as well. Hopefully, he'll get the kinks worked out over the next couple of starts.

Now comes the Braves!!!! Let's see if we can't shake this series off and get back on track!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    ahem....

I think you mean Brendan Ryan. Ironically, he's a better pitcher than he is a hitter.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ahem....

I think you mean Brendan Ryan. Ironically, he's a better pitcher than he is a hitter.
    Duh you're right! Not sure why I interchange these too so often! Maybe the shaved off 'stache threw me! LOL

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

ahem....

Duh you're right! Not sure why I interchange these too so often! Maybe the shaved off 'stache threw me! LOL
    No, it's the fact that neither can hit a lick.

Also, I hate to say it, but they have to sweep the Braves.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we're up 1-0 with, Severino pitching in the 5th. That's all that phenom should need for a win!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2 to zip in the 7th. We need this one and tomorrows game as well.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

3-1 bottom of the 8th!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Put this one in the "win" column!!!

The kid, Severino looks like the real deal. What a great call-up from the farm. They should be tough in the post season with him in the rotation if he can stand up to the pressure. Anybody have any thoughts for the 3 man rotation come October?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

The kid, Severino looks like the real deal. What a great call-up from the farm. They should be tough in the post season with him in the rotation if he can stand up to the pressure. Anybody have any thoughts for the 3 man rotation come October?
    I hate to think that far ahead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go with 4 in the postseason. The top 4 would be Tanaka, Pineda, Severino and Eovaldi.

Also, they are a weird team. Some weeks they look like they've never swung a bat before and then other weeks they are putting up 3 touchdowns.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take a sweep anyday!!! LOL 20-6!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ahem....

No, it's the fact that neither can hit a lick.

Also, I hate to say it, but they have to sweep the Braves.
    OK Consider it done! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bill going out on a limb here - Tanaka, Severino, Eovaldi!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bill going out on a limb here - Tanaka, Severino, Eovaldi!
    Yeah, still hard to count, Pineda out.

We need a win tonight!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2-1 top of the 7th!!! Toronto is tied with Clev. in the 7th as well.

Edit: Boo - Ya!!! Series even!!! Too bad the Jays won also.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone not watching, 6-1 Yanks in the top of the 2nd. Bird and Murphy have two run shots.

Boston Sucks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It drives me crazy when you have to use Betances and Miller in a game like that. Either way, a win is a win.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Our boys in Da Bronx are currently 74-58 overall, with a big three games series coming up this weekend. Best guess, how many wins do they need to grab the division title? The way Toronto is going I'd say pretty damn near 100. What do you guys think?

Whom ever guesses the actual total or is close to it gets an entry into the 2016 HF Grand Prize on me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Winner of this division is going to need at least 95 wins. I would say 98 to feel comfortable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast