Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Should they sign pettitte?
    depends what he wants. for a reasonable price for a single year at a time, yes.

Damon?
    depends if they get holliday.

if so, no, they won't need damon.

holliday has more to offer than damon at the plate and a hell of a lot more in the field.

if not, depending on what damon wants, i could see signing him again.

Matsui?
    absolutely
    i'll never be a fan of the DH but if ever there was a DH it's matsui

Holliday?
    already answered in the part on damon

Trade for Halladay?
    wouldn't be the worst idea depending on what they have to give up

a third/fourth (depending on pettite) solid starter and they can permanently put joba back where he belongs, in the pen

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Should they sign pettitte?
    depends what he wants. for a reasonable price for a single year at a time, yes.

Damon?
    depends if they get holliday.

if so, no, they won't need damon.

holliday has more to offer than damon at the plate and a hell of a lot more in the field.

if not, depending on what damon wants, i could see signing him again.

Matsui?
    absolutely
    i'll never be a fan of the DH but if ever there was a DH it's matsui

Holliday?
    already answered in the part on damon

Trade for Halladay?
    wouldn't be the worst idea depending on what they have to give up

a third/fourth (depending on pettite) solid starter and they can permanently put joba back where he belongs, in the pen
    Cool!! I was trying to get the dialogue going again. I think Pettitte may take the "Clemens" route and come back in July. I think they should sign Damon, although (painfully) maybe not Matsui but they both have "Playoff" proven capabilities and that is a special quality Holliday does not possess. Matsui would most likely be reasonable in contract terms just to stay in NY but, I think in the long run he may want to just go home a "hero". I would like to see them go after pitching "full tilt boogie" sort of as they did last year. I also think if Nady can come back from surgery he could be a big addition in RF but also a big "If". Main concern may be making sure certain folks don't get signed by the Sox!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I think they should sign Damon, although (painfully) maybe not Matsui but they both have "Playoff" proven capabilities and that is a special quality Holliday does not possess.
    i'm going from memory here, so correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't holliday the mvp of the 2007 national league championship series? seems a strong playoff credential to build upon.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

glad this thread is going!

Pettitte - I' dlike to see him come back, but kind of like Mussina he could retire on a big note - THE CLINCHER for all three playoff series! I would like to see him pitch next year.

Matsui / Damon - I'd guess one has to go! I was totally leaning towards Matsui going away, but his World Series was huge. When he was at bat i was at ease! He has to hit the big hits - it's the only way he can get around teh bases on those bulky knees!

Holliday would be a welcome additon in my humble opinion.

Pitching in general - what about Wong - he will be back - can he become his former two in a row 19 game winner! And the conundrum of Huges and Jaba - both have excelled in the Pen and I think Hughes could excel as a starter!

What about Molina - defensively he is the boss, but not when he is in the batters box! I think he is a pretty expensive backup to Jorge! I'd like to see Cervelli be the backup!

Nady ?????????? I like him bu the is a ????????????

Jorge will eventually migrate to DH - how long can his knees hold up! BUT, I am always onfident when he is at the plate - He is one of the Yankee Leaders.

The infield is all locked up! As it should be!

And Swisher - man he belongs there! He might not have gteh average but he is a team spark! He saved the Yankees in April when Tex wasn't hitting and A-Rod was out!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice MPatrick is on a distinguished road MPatrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Pettitte: I say sign him, as he should be your #4 or 5 guy. That and he's proven for all time that his full name is Andrew Eugene "Big Game" Pettitte.

I'm still not convinced about the Joba in the pen deal though. Of course I could be wrong, but I think the Yanks would be smart at this point to try him as a starter again. Of course, if they work out a good trade for a capable arm, and maybe sign a 3 or 4, then yeah put him in the pen.

His velocity wasn't that improved once he went back to the pen, but of course that could have been the jerking around from last season. I don't know though. A great pitcher is going to do well in the bullpen. Not every pitcher can start, but every really good pitcher can relieve. Of course, grooming him as Mo's replacement sounds great on paper, but Mo is once in a lifetime. It's not just stuff it's mentality. I'm not convinced Joba is that guy.

Look at Hughes. Should he be in the pen too? Do we just forget that they are young and learning on the job? Especially Joba. He hardly pitched in the minors before coming up in relief. Pointless argument anyway, in my opinion. Unless they wind up flush with new pitching, Joba is a starter next year.

Matsui/Damon: Ah, that's tough. It's always tough when your team wins and a free agent is a huge part of why you won. I just can't see signing Matsui. He's playing on two bad knees, and he can't run. Damon? If Damon wants 2 years I say fine, but he wants 4. No way. Not even 3 with an option. This team got damn lucky this year considering how old they are. We can't expect the lack of injuries next season.

Holliday? Of course! The money will be high, but he's still young enough. Definitely an upgrade in the outfield.

I guess the trade talk is for Ol' Doc from Toronto? Never gonna happen, but of course! He's a Beast in the East, and that's huge. He just might be the best pitcher in baseball right now. How can they trade Halladay to the Yanks or BoSox though? The price would have to be ridiculous, and he's a free agent at the end of next season. The Yanks have wisely shown the ability to hold off on that kind of trade. Santana is a great pitcher, but he would have cost CC money PLUS prospects. Doesn't make sense (just look at the Mets now, and they STOLE him).

I know I've been hearing rumors of Granderson being traded to the Yanks. If I'm remembering my #s correctly, he's a good defender, and has been showing signs of a power growth. I guess depending on what the Tigers would want it is definitely interesting.

I'm curious what you all think about Hughes. Should he be a setup guy? His demeanor coming out of the pen was stellar. That's the kind of attitude you want from someone who may close someday.

Me? I'm sticking with Phil the starter. The Yanks have proven two years in a row that they can piece together a good bullpen with spare parts. Ian Kennedy can be that guy next year. Melancon? A few kids in the minors might be able to plug the hole Joba and Phil leave.

I just think it's so much harder to find a guy that will give you 200 innings then a guy who will give you, what? 85?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MPatrick View Post
    Nice!

Pettitte: I say sign him, as he should be your #4 or 5 guy. That and he's proven for all time that his full name is Andrew Eugene "Big Game" Pettitte.

Agreed!!

I'm still not convinced about the Joba in the pen deal though. Of course I could be wrong, but I think the Yanks would be smart at this point to try him as a starter again. Of course, if they work out a good trade for a capable arm, and maybe sign a 3 or 4, then yeah put him in the pen.

His velocity wasn't that improved once he went back to the pen, but of course that could have been the jerking around from last season. I don't know though. A great pitcher is going to do well in the bullpen. Not every pitcher can start, but every really good pitcher can relieve. Of course, grooming him as Mo's replacement sounds great on paper, but Mo is once in a lifetime. It's not just stuff it's mentality. I'm not convinced Joba is that guy.

I don't know about "every good pitcher" relieving like you say it takes a certain "mind-set" to be successful. They are going to have to replace Mo sooner or (hopefully) later. He has proven effective in the pen as has Hughes. You know the Yanks have a different approach (or at least the luxury of employing a different approach) they can trade either of them for Halladay and sign either back after they have matured into viable starters. They can certainly afford it. Then you would have CC, Burnett, Halladay (whom the Toronto GM said he would have no problem dealing to the East), Pettitte and either Wang or Hughes or Mitre or w/e for the fifth starter and still have virtually the same strengh in the pen that allowed them to get away with basically 3 quality starters in 09 and still win a series. Plus Boston doesn't get him and if we get Doc and they sign Lackey we still come out ahead.

Look at Hughes. Should he be in the pen too? Do we just forget that they are young and learning on the job? Especially Joba. He hardly pitched in the minors before coming up in relief. Pointless argument anyway, in my opinion. Unless they wind up flush with new pitching, Joba is a starter next year.

Matsui/Damon: Ah, that's tough. It's always tough when your team wins and a free agent is a huge part of why you won. I just can't see signing Matsui. He's playing on two bad knees, and he can't run. Damon? If Damon wants 2 years I say fine, but he wants 4. No way. Not even 3 with an option. This team got damn lucky this year considering how old they are. We can't expect the lack of injuries next season.

They could give damon 2 with a 3rd year option. He's a proven Post season performer. I also like the kid Nady and hope he makes it all the way back both contract and talent-wise. he should come fairly cheap and he had to "watch" his teamates win a championship. That should give him some motivation.

Holliday? Of course! The money will be high, but he's still young enough. Definitely an upgrade in the outfield.

Yep, and if Damon and Boras prove too much bring back Godzilla to DH and PH he is also a proven post-season commodity.

I guess the trade talk is for Ol' Doc from Toronto? Never gonna happen, but of course! He's a Beast in the East, and that's huge. He just might be the best pitcher in baseball right now. How can they trade Halladay to the Yanks or BoSox though? The price would have to be ridiculous, and he's a free agent at the end of next season. The Yanks have wisely shown the ability to hold off on that kind of trade. Santana is a great pitcher, but he would have cost CC money PLUS prospects. Doesn't make sense (just look at the Mets now, and they STOLE him).

See Above LOL

I know I've been hearing rumors of Granderson being traded to the Yanks. If I'm remembering my #s correctly, he's a good defender, and has been showing signs of a power growth. I guess depending on what the Tigers would want it is definitely interesting.

From what I recall he is sort of a young Damon sans some power. He'd be a good fit for the "2 CF Yankee Stadium and could flourish in the 2 spot.

I'm curious what you all think about Hughes. Should he be a setup guy? His demeanor coming out of the pen was stellar. That's the kind of attitude you want from someone who may close someday.

Me? I'm sticking with Phil the starter. The Yanks have proven two years in a row that they can piece together a good bullpen with spare parts. Ian Kennedy can be that guy next year. Melancon? A few kids in the minors might be able to plug the hole Joba and Phil leave.

Well I believe the reason they could screw around with the "kids" was because the bullpen was so strong. You start moving guys to the rotation outta the pen and it suddenly ain't so strong. look at Joba, at best we got mixed regular season results from pulling him outta the pen '08-'09. Should we try that twice? I don't know. The bridge to Rivera is crucial and Hughes built it. Especially since Mo is getting older and can't be asked for those 4,5 & 6 out saves too much.

I just think it's so much harder to find a guy that will give you 200 innings then a guy who will give you, what? 85?

You're absolutely right however. nowadays the 85 inning guy is just as crucial. Sad? Maybe. True? definitely
    Overall, I could live with them signing one or two "B" list pitchers (Wolf or Washburn) keeping Joba & Hughes "Just the way they are" and then pray on Andy, Wang and the "kids". So long as they run interference and don't let Boston improve. Remember its always an "Arms Race" with The Fucking Red Sox, kinda like the Cold War LOL LOL Boston Sucks!!!! And I have the T-Shirt to prove it!!

Anyway, I guess that's my 3 beans. Back to you!!

Side Note: As someone who was all over Girardi with some of his managerial moves in the playoffs. I feel its only right that I equally praise him for his turnaround and subsequent WS performance. Believe it or not, Girardi OUT-MANAGED Manuel in the series. Manuel made a few really BAD moves and Girardi managed not to. Maybe he spoke with Torre? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boston Sucks!!!!!!

Sorry, that just popped out!!!

LOL LOL LOL

P.S. It will be interesting to see what George and the boys get us fans for Christmas!!! Hope its as good as last year!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice MPatrick is on a distinguished road MPatrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can definitely see your points, and I didn't hear that the new Toronto GM would trade Doc to an East team. Makes sense, now that I think about it. Why take two teams with the mix of money/prospects/ML ready talent? Still, it would take much more for the Sux or Yanks to get him. It would be guys already in the Show and top tier prospects. While a team from the NL would get some from column A and some from column B.

Also, would Cashman trade away kids for a guy that they'll have to pay $100 million for? Obviously, with a pitcher this good you listen.

I'm also with you on keeping the best from Boston. Hopefully, Jason Bay goes to the West Coast (Giants maybe?) and then we get Holliday.

Really, when it comes to guys like Damon, age is a worry, but they time and again show they can perform when the lights are brightest. Not something easily seen in stats...but that's if he can stay healthy and actually play in the postseason.

I still think almost any good pitcher can have success in the bullpen. Not every guy in relief needs to have that closer mentality. Also, there is a big difference between being the 6, 7 or 8th inning guy, and being a closer. Small sample sizes, but Randy Johnson was lights out in the bullpen. Mussina came in once during the playoffs and was lights out. John Smoltz wound up being turned into a closer and that worked. I do understand though that there are some starters that may not like the change in routine. Again, I bring up Mussina. He was an every 5th day kind of guy, and it would have helped if I thought of that! Still, I guess I should think about the fact that not everyone has the mentality to start. All fired up does work for an inning or two, not 6+. Just to give up on Joba after a weird bad year. I would like to see him have a chance from spring training with no ridiculous Joba Rules.

Am I convinced that Joba can be a top flight starter? No. Do I believe that if he shows next season that he can't, that he can slide back into the bullpen? Absolutely.

I just find it funny that everyone forgets that Mo, while the best of all time, was closing for a reason.

As for Giardi? Right on. For the 1st two rounds of the playoffs, I was wondering when he would manage us right out of the playoffs. Then something seemed to click, and he came through in the clutch. Much like A-Rod. Manuel did not have a good WS.

Anyway, good for us!! I'm still feeling the afterglow of winning the WS. Like I was a part of it! Helps me forget about that basketball team that's playing in the Garden.

Hopefully you're right and we have a nice Christmas present this year. I'm hoping for Holliday. I know Lackey is good, but he gets hurt (and was hurt last year). Really though, I just can't stand the thought of having to look at that mug in HD every 5 days or so. Just say no...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You may want to pop over to the Yanks site. There's some Hot stove stuff concerning Granderson, Halladay etc that you may find interesting
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well here we go boys & girls!!! Granderson is a major pick-up!!! Maybe doesn't have the post -season experience of Damon but he can get it!! Way to go Cashman!! I have to admit I didn't LOVE giving up Austin or Coke but........ We shall see.

If this is any indication, trade vs Free Agent, Doc may be coming to the Bronx!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so Doc went to the Phils & Lee to the Mariners (Seattle looks like they have a mission!!) and lackey to "Those that shall remain Nameless". I got a hunch that Cashman may have a trade for Derek Lowe in his back pocket. No solid evidence but just a hunch from reading all the Hot stove reports around the league. If Atlanta kicks in some $$$ and Lowe has worked out his "Mechanics", this would be a nice manueaver to counter those N.E. guys and strengthen the Rotation. Also Lowe has 3 years remaining and is relatively young.

Anyone else hear anything? Any thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay so it was Vasquez not Lowe Cashman had up his sleeve. While I will definitely miss Melky, this is a much needed addition to the staff. Vasquez should eat up alot of innings and get 12-15 wins. It also puts (probably) Hughes back in the pen where he was lights out most of the year. They also added another Lefty to the pen with Logan and kept pace with, "Those that shall remain Nameless", in the Arms race.

Just a tid bit on Lackey as you all may recall he is a bit of a dick as a team mate. He's been known to show up his mates in the field for a bad play. Not exactly the type of guy the Yanks want. Good thing he's in Beantown.

The Johnson signing and melky departure should lead to a contract for DeRosa that Cashman has been hinting at. He'd be a nice pick-up for LF, at least until 2011 when Cash goes after Crawford!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry christmas...even to you yankees fans.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A.L. East Winter Scorecard

Well, as P&C's are only 18 days away, I think its time to evaluate the G.M.'s off season moves. To me there are only 2 1/2 teams worth mentioning in the AL East, and you may guess that they include the Yankees. However, every vigilant fan must keep an eye on the competition so the Red Sux are included and surprisingly I think the Orioles may have jumped over the Rays, who did little to better themselves significantly over last year during the winter.

So for your review, thoughts and discussions, oh learned denizens of 162nd St, here are my thoughts on the Hot Stove standings

1. The Yankees Surprise!!!!, lol, but seriously barring injury (and perhaps even in the face of injury) the Bombers are the clear winner in the division. The Vasquez move and Pettite re-signing were HUGE. Not only did it solidify a WS winning staff down to the #4-spot, but it created a veritable donnybrook amongst pitchers for that The #5 spot that can only strengthen the entire staff. Joba, Hughes, Aceves, Mitre and Gaudin will all face off for the #5 spot with the 4 remaining hopefuls going onto strengthen probably the best bullpen in baseball. Given Javier's career from 2005-2009 he should fit in very nicely in that #4 spot and take a lot of wear and tear off the staff. I think he's got the right attitude and is more than ready to redeem himself in the Bronx. Mo is still the Sandman and Joba (or maybe Melaconn) are ready to step up in the future (that's my personal opinion). While Coke will be missed, if Marte can build on his post-season performance and continue to pitch lke he did we have probably upgraded there as well. Overall, with only the uncertainty of the #5 spot hanging over the staff, I have to give them a solid A

Offensively and defensively we have also improved on last year. While losing the power numbers of Damon and Matsui (and they will be missed both on the field and the clubhouse) we manged to upgrade defensively in the outfield with the addition of Granderson & Winn added to Gardner and Swisher. A very nice stewardship for 2010 to get us to 2011 when Cash will be all over Crawford like stink on shit. They will definitely miss Cabrera, but his inconsistency and need for constant motivation means he's got some growing up to do in Atlanta (And I'll be rooting for him to do it, too). If Kevin Long can work his magic on Winn and Curtis we have gotten younger & faster with just enough "pop". As far as the rest of the line-up, that lead the majors in runs last year, we should have no worries other than injury, which is always a concern. However, as evidenced by last year (and I believe improved upon over the winter) the Yanks are better built to withstand the occasionally inevitable injury. Mock batting orders so far:

1. Jeter: Storming towards 3,000 hits!!
    2. Johnson: OB%, OB% OB%!!!
    3. Texiera: Poised for another barrage of "Tex" msgs!
    4. A-Rod: The less stressed version!!
    5. Posada: The other Yankee workhorse!!
    6. Swisher: The Gnome (check his locker during an interview)
    7. Cano: K-Long's product!!
    8. Gardner/Winn: Speed Racers
    9. Granderson: A class act and a feared hitter

Overall, a line-up that's gotta have AL Pitchers losing A LOT of sleep over. You've also got a solid and flexible bench with Pena, Cervelli, Gardner (depending on situations) Johnson, Hamilton (I know I'm forgetting someone) and Montero tearing the cover off the ball in Scranton waiting for his chance. While we admittedly have lost a bit in playoff experience, you've also got to get that experience sometime. Overall I grade them and A+

2. Red Sux: Admittedly they made some good moves adding Lackey to an already strong staff and have also made some needed upgrades to their defense in Cameron and Scutaro (Scoot is a tough out, too). Time will tell if they are the right ones. If I'm a Boston (sic) fan though, I've gotta be worried about scoring runs. Ortiz can't "Weeze the Juice" anymore and we have already seen how that has hurt him. He's a ? at best and they lost Bay. Youkalis is solid but Beltre is another ? although a solid fielder. Cameron the same although, definitely a defensive upgrade over Bay. They still have a semi-dilemma at catcher/DH as Martinez & Varitez are not what they used to be (maybe Vic was weezing the juice too) In any case they have a lot to prove offensively and overall I believe fell behind the Yanks in that category. I may be missing a few items here as I don't pay as close attention to the Sux as the Yanks (Who Does???) but I give them a: B

Pitching-wise, there's no doubt they are tough. Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Dice-K and Bucholz is a damn fine staring rotation. Their bullpen however is no match to the Yanks IMO. And they keep fucking with Papelbon!!! Good for NY, Bad for Bos. The same formula still applies for the Yanks to beat Boston. Get to the Pen!!!! Dice-K may also be a ? as he seems to be getting that injury bug. Nevertheless you got to rate their staff as an A+ for starting Rotation and B for Bullpen so an A overall?

Anyway this post has gotten outta hand so I'm gonna wrap it up predicting that the younger Orioles may leap frog the Jays for 3RD place. All you Yankee fans out there lets hear some thoughts!!!!

18 Days til Pitchers & Catchers Report!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Hughes is the Fifth starter for better or worse. I personally would have gone with Phil & Joba in the pen and let Aceves have his chance, but we shall see.........

April 4, 2010: The dance begins Again!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

1 Day Remaining until:

Opening Day 2010!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A good start to the season with a series victory in Boston! It appears the Granderson signing was well worth it! And Mo - well the Sandman sis till doing what he does better than all the other closers - two attempts = two saves!

So now A-Rod, Teixeira and Johnson need to get their bats in order! Jeter, Cano, Posada, Swisher, Granderson and Gardner all seem to be up to speed already!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

YEAH BABY!!!!! 2 of 3 off the Sux!!! Life is good!!! Andy looked liked he was taking his next start in the rotation after the Series!! Jeter (249 til 3,000), Cano and Curtis looking good!! great day to be a Yankee fan!! and we're off!!

Wait'll Tex and A-Rod get in the groove!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2 of 3 in Tampa! A nice road trip to start the season! Now on to the Bronx!

Wonderibng if Hideki Matsui will come out of the Angels dugout and line up with the Yankess to receive his 2009 WS Ring! Girardin saysa it's OK and would be kind of cool in fact!

I'm fine with it - then home Petitte shuts him down for the game! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

4 of 6 on the road from our top division rivals works for me too CR!!

Nice to see Burnett get it together also.

During the game when they hawked the home opener, Kay said Hidecki would be getting his ring then as well. Damon's will be in the mail!! As I assume will Melky's as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well CR and all you Yankee fans hiding out there, not a bad start to the season especially if we can manage to sweep the Rangers Today!!

Got our first A-Rod blast, but still waiting for the first "Tex-Message" of the year!! Also, be sure to look how well the Boston line-up is working out!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok so we're 19-8 and 1 game outta first. All that with very litttle A-Rod, Tex and Johnson (not to mention Granderson and the DL). The bullpen worries me a bit but Aceves and Chamberlain seem to be finding a groove after rocky starts.

RED SUX this weekend and I hope my little league team's recent blow out of the Red Sox by a 14-5 score portends good things for the Yanks!! LOL (We play em again Saturday)

Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching wins World Series, and C.C., A.J. Andy and Hughes seem to be in form!!! Now if we can just figure out Vazquez' problem we'll be gold!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pie in Da Bronx Last Night!!!!

Papelbon takes it in the ??????????

God I hate Boston!!!!

Great Walk-off win!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rest In Peace

George Michael Steinbrenner III

7/4/30 - 7/13/10

"Greatest Owner a Fan Ever Had"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast