Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I've seen it on "Yes" broadcasts and it is a beautiful stadium except for the damn turk. However, you did take some awesome shots there, Matts!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the pics Mattrick. Very cool stadium you guys have there. The Bills will enjoy it too when Goodell moves them there.
    "Nothing surprises me anymore." - Walt Longmire

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees 3-7 in last 10 games. @.500 %. 6 games back of 1st in the division, and 4 non-divisional leading teams in AL have a better record.
    Ouch...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yankees 3-7 in last 10 games. @.500 %. 6 games back of 1st in the division, and 4 non-divisional leading teams in AL have a better record.
    Ouch...
    I mean this only in jest, but you get so few chances to use it so...

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch...
    On the plus side, it's the second week in June. Plenty of baseball left to go.

In August of 1951 the Giants trailed the Dodgers by 12.5 games. We all know how that turned out....

There's a long drive ... it's gonna be, I believe ... THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! Bobby Thomson hits into the lower deck of the left-field stands! The Giants win the pennant and they're goin' crazy, they're goin' crazy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Ouch...

Spoiler:
    Enjoy it.

If the Yankees do not finish with a record OVER .500 this year, I will be retiring the Go Yankees emoticon for a lengthy period of time (TBD by Moi)....

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

How long have the Jays been on top of the AL East? Five weeks now? If no one can make us lose more than two games straight this isn't going to change. And thos POFF standings MUH GAWD!!! The POFF standings!!!

The AL East POFF (Percentage at making Playoffs (basically run differential)(it's been an ongoing joke here)) is as follows!

Toronto: 86.5%
    Baltimore: 22.4%
    NY Yankees: 14.8%
    Boston: 11.1%
    Tampa Bay 0.1%

And just for you Mr. Flagg...Oaklands POFF is... 97.7%, the highest in the majors because somehow you guys have this unfathomable run differential of +125 in 9 weeks.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch...

Spoiler:
    Enjoy it.

If the Yankees do not finish with a record OVER .500 this year, I will be retiring the Go Yankees emoticon for a lengthy period of time (TBD by Moi)....

Hey, that's one of my "Perps" for being the "Haven Fund Whore". (See what I did there, J?)

If the Go Yankees foes, well so do I!!!

Please do not take it away!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just trying to make you nervous. Besides, they won yesterday.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    If no one can make us lose more than two games straight this isn't going to change.
    Let's call Nate Silver and see when the last time an MLB team went from the middle of June to the end of the season without losing more than two straight games along the way. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it never happened. I'm not saying the Blue Jays aren't a playoff team this year, but nobody is going from here to September not dropping at least three at some point.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Stefanos View Post
    If no one can make us lose more than two games straight this isn't going to change.
    Let's call Nate Silver and see when the last time an MLB team went from the middle of June to the end of the season without losing more than two straight games along the way. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it never happened. I'm not saying the Blue Jays aren't a playoff team this year, but nobody is going from here to September not dropping at least three at some point.
    The 98 Yanks may have or at least came close. Now that was a team and a season!! 125-50 all told wasn't it?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

To my knowledge we've only been swept once all season, though I'm sure there was a three game stretch in there somwehere back when we were below .500.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To my knowledge we've only been swept once all season, though I'm sure there was a three game stretch in there somwehere back when we were below .500.

You guys are on a roll, no doubt. Enjoy it. Lord knows after what they have put you through you deserve it.

P.S. 4-0 in the sixth with, Tanaka on the mound!!!

Also, the bullpen got some help today with Kelley returning as well as, Huff.

Edit: We got the win!!! Tanaka gets his tenth!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just glad we didn't get shut out. Everything went cold for us at once offensively. The pitching hasn't been terrible by any means but it could be a little better than it has been. I'm curious for the trade deadline after we evaluate Rasmus. Now that I've seen Stroman work I definitely don't want to move him though it's been a small sample size he has a lot of potential. Pryce, Shields, Hamels, Samardzja and more I haven't thought of that could bolster our starting five for a second half run. This is the year we're going for it so I'd be surprised if Anthopolous does nothing, whether it's a starter or bringing in a legitmate second baseman. I'm hoping we'll still be in it so I can see the last game of the season against Baltimore...never seen meaningful September baseball before, at least if I did in 92/93 I don't remember it, I was seven.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

At this rate the A.L. Cy Young will be Beurhle vs. Tanaka

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-----------------------Predicts A's sweep Yankees this weekend.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are on a roll, no doubt. Enjoy it. Lord knows after what they have put you through you deserve it.
    On a roll? Clearly you haven't been following the Jays lately. They have lost three in a row and one of the losses they got shut out by the Twins. They were bound to come back down to Earth a little.

The biggest worry for me is Buehrle is no spring chicken and I wouldn't be surprised to see him tire as the season goes on.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

On a roll? Clearly you haven't been following the Jays lately. They have lost three in a row and one of the losses they got shut out by the Twins. They were bound to come back down to Earth a little.

The biggest worry for me is Buehrle is no spring chicken and I wouldn't be surprised to see him tire as the season goes on.
    I meant in general and was trying to be nice and cordial. The state of the Yanks pitching staff still concerns me. Lets see how we do this evening. Lord knows, we could use a sweep!!!!

4-1 Yanks in the 4th

Edit: Shall we fetch the broom? 6-1 in the 5th
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mariners have been swept away! Jeter goes 7 for 12 (.583 BA) in Seattle!

Let's not let RF's prediction come true! Time to start rolling!!!!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, Flagg we're coming for you next!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

He's a notorious slow starter so he usually gets better as the season goes on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's a notorious slow starter so he usually gets better as the season goes on.

Ummmm, don't look now, but we're 3.5 games back all of a sudden.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Predicts the A's take 2/3.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do I detect some small loss of swagger in that post?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do I detect some small loss of swagger in that post?
    Since the A's lost last night 7-0, I have to re-predict.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast