Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the has-beens and throw-aways are getting the job done.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Yep, the has-beens and throw-aways are getting the job done.

Yep!!! Yesterday's 10th Inning "walk-off" (LOL) was precious!!!!! And Mo, 17 for 17!!!! This is shaping up as a really special season!!!! 28 anyone????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tough loss to the O's tonight!!! Hope Kuroda is OK for his next start!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ditto

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

On a side note, it was good to see one of the "Walking Wounded" (Grandy) return to duty and show some signs of life!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we certainly held our own this evening!!!

9-4 win for Phelps!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been watching baseball since I was about 5 and I've never seen a year like this before. Granderson goes down again and now Phelps. It's amazing. What's even more amazing is that they keep winning. I wouldn't be shocked to see them get their regulars back and actually start playing worse.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2-0 Yanks, top of the third......

Welcome back, Tex!!!!!

Got my "Boston Sucks" Tee shirt on and watching Yanks vs Red Sux!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks win!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. So after an awful weekend series with "Boston", Pettite, comes back and now the Bombers are working on a two game streak!!!

4-0 over the Indians, top of the 7th!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the Yanks!!!! Go Merlin!!! Ever since I joined the DT group here I've been eyeing the serious Yankee Bling Avatar!!!! I had my love for the Yanks inked on the front of my left calf and the Gunslinger put on the side!!! Been a Yank fan for years, probably why I have more Yankee Sigs than Kings LOL
    Go Yankees!!!!!!!
    Rand
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    I love the Yanks!!!! Go Merlin!!! Ever since I joined the DT group here I've been eyeing the serious Yankee Bling Avatar!!!! I had my love for the Yanks inked on the front of my left calf and the Gunslinger put on the side!!! Been a Yank fan for years, probably why I have more Yankee Sigs than Kings LOL
    Go Yankees!!!!!!!
    Rand
    LOL I was just now PM-ing you!!! Welcome to the club!!! No Bomber haters allowed here. Ever burn a copy of "Faithful"? LOL

Completed sweep of the Tribe!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ichiro!!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

Can't seem to say anything, but just a damn shame when it comes to A-Rod!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to have Ichiro!!!! We should have spent the money and got him years ago, he's always been a bargain considering that guy has amazing production!!! I guess our best producing Farm team the Mariners didn't want to send him up to the next level for a while!!!! LOL, I got a Signed ball from Felix last year, I wanted to ask him what number he was gonna wear as a Yankee!!! Love the Yanks!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks, battered & bewildered, are just a game out of first with Jeter, Granderson and (Ahem) A-Rod to come!!! Plus, Paul O'Neil's nephew may be patrolling the stadium for the "Bomber's" again!!!!

http://wapc.mlb.com/nyy/play/?conten...95496&c_id=nyy
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Seattle is a great place for the Yanks to get their feet back under them!!!! And Scout some of our future players!!!! LOL BTW How does Ichiro hit against his old team in his old park? And what the hell happened to Toronto? They were supposed to be the team that was going put the beat down on the East this year..... We'll be there in the end. It sucks not getting Jeter in the lineup for his run production. Need him back!!!

Go Yanks!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take 3 outta 4 any day!!!!

And we beat King Felix!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes we did! Phelps did us good!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

C.C. vs Colon!!!!! Let's go, Yanks!!!!

Here we go, Yanks vs A's!!!! BIG series!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

They talk about the "Big's" in the NBA....... Well these two are the MLB version of "The Big Men"
    Go CC!!! Colon head for the locker room now!!!
    Glad to see TB is throwing the beat down on Boston
    Last edited by RandyinAK; 06-11-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: I Dislike the Red Sox ALOT!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow CC did a teriffic job - leading 6 - 1 in the 9th over the Angels! Then all hell breaks loose and even Mo had a hard time of it - BUT they managed to squeek out a win at 6 - 5 and Mo even got his 24th Save! Now get back to NY and to winning!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And all NY Father's everywhere breathed a sigh of relief!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    Glad to have Ichiro!!!! We should have spent the money and got him years ago, he's always been a bargain considering that guy has amazing production!!! I guess our best producing Farm team the Mariners didn't want to send him up to the next level for a while!!!! LOL, I got a Signed ball from Felix last year, I wanted to ask him what number he was gonna wear as a Yankee!!! Love the Yanks!!!
    Maybe last year that was a possibility, but I don't think King Felix will be wearing pinstripes any time soon considering he signed a 7 year contract before this season. As good as he is, I'd be worried about his arm in a few years. He's had a huge workload and we now see what kind of toll that can have on an arm by watching C.C. every 5 days. Not to mention he actually failed a physical before the M's signed him.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Best thing Felix did was get that deal signed. The M's needed someone to put people in the seats and with getting rid of an aging Ichiro, Felix was what they have left for fan appeal,,,, other than a beautiful park.... Franklin is darn good though, I do like watching him play..
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A split today with the Dodgers. Thought you guys might get a kick out of this:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...V_career.shtml

Really look at the numbers. Fucking awesome IMHO!!! I mean "DiMaggio" like record!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast