Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Good win today. I like how they were able to string some hits together to drive in some runs. Gardner has got to start stealing some bases. He shouldn't be getting thrown out so much. He got an awful jump on Jimenez today.

I know he pitched the other day, but I want to talk about Nova for a second. If Nova doesn't start pitching better, he's going to find himself back at AAA. He got sent down a few years back when he didn't deserve it. He was having a good year and because of roster space, the Yanks sent him down. Well, this time it will be because he's not pitching well. Maybe it will wake him up a bit.
    I'm certainly not making excuses for Nova, but some pitchers need time. I generally like his stuff, but he does "confound" at times!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Good win today. I like how they were able to string some hits together to drive in some runs. Gardner has got to start stealing some bases. He shouldn't be getting thrown out so much. He got an awful jump on Jimenez today.

I know he pitched the other day, but I want to talk about Nova for a second. If Nova doesn't start pitching better, he's going to find himself back at AAA. He got sent down a few years back when he didn't deserve it. He was having a good year and because of roster space, the Yanks sent him down. Well, this time it will be because he's not pitching well. Maybe it will wake him up a bit.
    I'm certainly not making excuses for Nova, but some pitchers need time. I generally like his stuff, but he does "confound" at times!!!
    I agree, some pitchers just take time to develop. That being said, Nova isn't a 21-year-old prospect. He's 26 now. Nova was never a big time prospect (I'm a huge prospect guy) and most people didn't project him to be anything more than a relief pitcher. He then had a surprise year in 2011 winning 16 games and it looked like he might surprise people and become a better player than people predicted. He boosted his fastball and was keeping the ball down.

Since then, he's gone around the league a few times and they've exposed his lack of off-speed pitches and the fact he continues to pitch too high in the zone. At this point, something has to change because if he doesn't get his control in check, then he won't be able to be a reliever either. It's too soon to give up on him, but he has to start turning it around. A trip to the minors might do the trick.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank God for Cleveland and Robbie Cano!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, some pitchers just take time to develop. That being said, Nova isn't a 21-year-old prospect. He's 26 now. Nova was never a big time prospect (I'm a huge prospect guy) and most people didn't project him to be anything more than a relief pitcher. He then had a surprise year in 2011 winning 16 games and it looked like he might surprise people and become a better player than people predicted. He boosted his fastball and was keeping the ball down.

Since then, he's gone around the league a few times and they've exposed his lack of off-speed pitches and the fact he continues to pitch too high in the zone. At this point, something has to change because if he doesn't get his control in check, then he won't be able to be a reliever either. It's too soon to give up on him, but he has to start turning it around. A trip to the minors might do the trick.
    Good points all. Didn't they already send him down once before?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oddly enough, he was sent down for a little while in 2011, which was his best season. It was unfair because he was pitching so well, but Nova had options and they needed to open roster space for some reason. Can't remember why though.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oddly enough, he was sent down for a little while in 2011, which was his best season. It was unfair because he was pitching so well, but Nova had options and they needed to open roster space for some reason. Can't remember why though.
    Bob, will remember, but now that you mention it I do recall the demotion in'11 I can't recall the circumstances either.

They looked good again tonight!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For a team that supposedly lost all of their HR producers, they seem to be doing quite well! Two games in Cleveland thus far and the numbers are staggering:

25 runs scored; 31 hits; 8 Doubles; 8 Homers!

And Andy Pettitte is looking fine - 2 - 0 with a 1.23 ERA!

Tonight - perhaps Ivan Nova can provide some Redemption! Sure would be nice to head back to The Brox (and the Os) with a 5 - 4 record!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight should be interesting for a few reasons. First, I need to see Nova have a good game. Second, their bats came alive last night and I would like to see them stay hot and put more runs on the board.

One of their biggest problems last year is that they would explode for a bunch of runs and then the next game they would go to sleep. I would like to see them string together games with good offensive showings. Especially against somebody like Kluber who is far from an exceptional pitcher.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AMEN to that!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great piece on the "Rivera farewell Tour"...

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

Happy Birthday, Yankee's!!!!!

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Clearly they are never going to play again.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cleveland must have done a rain dance!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We may need to have another Spring Training. It's pouring here in CT. Not sure what it's like in NYC.

This always seems to happen when the bats get hot.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

4 - 6 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 3 - 4

An MLB First ever! Priceless!

Spoiler:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I just came in here to kill the idea that I was in yankees garb.
    So, you were there!!!! LOL Methinks he doth protest to much!!! LOL

LOL

Seriously major props to the Yankees for their honoring Boston like they did. I really never expected that. Respect!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that's because we are people and American's first and Baseball lovers second! I saw a post on Facebook from our very own Nerak, a much devoted Red Sox fax and Yankee hater, and in her post she was giving kudos to the NY Yankee Organization for their gesture of solidarity by playing Sweet Caroline (a Boston tradition) during the Yankees/Diamondbacks game yesterday!

Tomorrow she'll be back to being a Yankee hater and that's ok!

When I first saw that Brice had thelatest post here on teh Yankee (lover) thread - 2103 Edition, I was skeptical knowing that he is not a Yankee fan whatsoever. It was a nice surprise - thanks Brice - to see his comment! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Yankees rally in the 9th inning with an Ichiro hit (he has been dismal so far) to beat the TB Rays and Fernando Rodney! Incidentally, I just got a signed ball by Rodney at Spring Training! He's a great closer, but I am glad the Yankees gave him tgeh blown save!

And what's this about Canoe and a link to Biogenesis - man he's denying it and I really hope he's being honest!

There sure seems to be a witch hunt a going on and some very zealous investigators! :-(

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Wow Yankees rally in the 9th inning with an Ichiro hit (he has been dismal so far) to beat the TB Rays and Fernando Rodney! Incidentally, I just got a signed ball by Rodney at Spring Training! He's a great closer, but I am glad the Yankees gave him tgeh blown save!

And what's this about Canoe and a link to Biogenesis - man he's denying it and I really hope he's being honest!

There sure seems to be a witch hunt a going on and some very zealous investigators! :-(
    I had not heard about Cano being associated with that issue. Got a link?

Pettite goes tonight!! Maybe Ichiro is starting to heat up? Certainly was a HUGE hit for the Bomber's!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill Check Here

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bob. Man this stuff is getting out of hand.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Im not impressed with you guys and your four game sweep over us...
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Im not impressed with you guys and your four game sweep over us...
    I'm sorry, but did anyone ask? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Its okay, when we're done sweeping The Sox and The Mariners we will exact our revenge. Yankees will not only suck our Dickey but maybe our Johnson too....all on The 'Morrow. AL East is ours! You guys cahave a wildcard, I won't begrudge you guys that for relying on our castoffs from four years ago tp get by.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S-m7W3J8Qes
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees are holding open tryouts for the team today in the Bronx. No need to bring a glove or a bat. They will be provided.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How about those Yanks, folks!!!!!

Smoking!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast