Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Grats Bill, still hate them though, happy for you
    LOL Thanks, One of the perks about being a Yankee fan is that so many hate them, that wish they were!!!!!!! I console myself from the "Haters" with WS Trophies!!!! LOL

Your "Congrats" are appreciated though!!!

Bear Bryant did give N.Y. Joe "Willie" Namath, and for that we are forever grateful!!!!
    Merlin... Thought you might like this one
    They played each other once... SB #3

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    LOL Thanks, One of the perks about being a Yankee fan is that so many hate them, that wish they were!!!!!!! I console myself from the "Haters" with WS Trophies!!!! LOL

Bear Bryant did give N.Y. Joe "Willie" Namath, and for that we are forever grateful!!!!

Wow!!!! Now that's, a signed Football!!! Awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

Wow!!!! Now that's, a signed Football!!! Awesome!!!
    Very nice, my birthday is soon hehe.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Note to NY Jets, please be dumb and trade #14 since you won't be smart and make him the starter.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Straw Poll: Will Mo become the saves leader this year? He needs 12 or 13 more to pass Hoffman.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my fingers crossed!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Burnett is driving me nuts again!!!!! You can see the squirrel's running around in his head!!!! Can we void his contract? OMG he's "Bad Medicine"!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate the Yankees..still. Just throwing that out there, hehe.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hate the Yankees..still. Just throwing that out there, hehe.
    Gee, thanks Garrell. I was beginning to wonder how you felt (not!!!)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Yankees - Hate Burnett - just finally dropped him from my fantasy team - he's killing me now! Tried to pick up Nova but someone snagged him a coule days ago!

Just a thought - how I'd change the Yankee Lineup.

1. Brett Gardner
    2. Derek Jeter
    3. Curtis Granderson
    4. Robbie Cano
    5. A-Rod
    6. Mark Teixeira
    7. The DH (Posada, Chavez, Jones, ...)
    8. Nick Swisher
    9. Russell Martin

Not perfect, but I like it.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Love the Yankees - Hate Burnett - just finally dropped him from my fantasy team - he's killing me now! Tried to pick up Nova but someone snagged him a coule days ago!

Just a thought - how I'd change the Yankee Lineup.

1. Brett Gardner
    2. Derek Jeter
    3. Curtis Granderson
    4. Robbie Cano
    5. A-Rod
    6. Mark Teixeira
    7. The DH (Posada, Chavez, Jones, ...)
    8. Nick Swisher
    9. Russell Martin

Not perfect, but I like it.
    Not bad!!! I still like Brett in the 9 spot though. After the 1st its like having 2 leadoff hitters. Also you may want to switch Tex and Cano for the L/R thing and the DH with Swish. Otherwise I like it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nick Swisher cannot save the Yankees alone - everyone needs to step up to the plate (or the mound) now!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Grand Grand Grand Slam Slam Slam

and then some!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My poor A's
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a lotta Salami's!!! LOL

And Posada at 2nd too! Plus he makes the last out in grand fashion! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I will admit I like one thing about the Yankees hitting all the slams...I heard one of the announcers call when Curtis Granderson hit his and called it a "Granderslam". This was excellent call and of course I still think of Curtis as a Detroit Tiger. O' and by the way Go Tigers!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey!!! All you 'Yankee" haters????

Have a nice day!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Bah, just glad I was smart enough to pick Sabathia this year on my fantasy team
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AJ actually pitched well!!!!!

Bottom 7 Yanks up 4-2!!! Time for Robertson, Soriano and Mo!!!!!!

Lets go Yank-ees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bottom 9th and here comes MO!!!!! 2 of 3 finally? Please God!!!! Yanks are righteous in your eyes, Sox are the "Devil"!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Mr. King?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2 Outs and Mo on the mound!!!! Gotta go to Mo's!!!!!!! We got this one!!!!! 2 of 3!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston!!!!! 2 @ of three!!! YES!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are ya excited Merlin?

I know I am! It's great that a different Yankee steps upa nd contributes all the time. Go Russel Martin!!!!!

Man is Montero a big dude or what - I can't wait till he gets in his groove!

last night's palte umpire was equally bad for both teams man. I wonder what he thinks after seeing hte film, as tehy always review the game after the fact.

It was also nice to hear the unbaised announcers last night. The night before last on ESPN besides the regular sports announcer they had Nomar Garciaparra (whos isn't too bad) and Curt Schilling who I can't stand! He is an arrogant bastard in my honest opinion. A great pitcher, but still arrogant as all hell! So I watched the game on ESPN hoping for aunbaised announcers and all I got was Schilling talking about "my team" where he played 4 of his 20 years in the MLB.

Blue Jays tonight in the Bronx as Ivan Nova, the best MLB Rookie Pitcher this year, goes for win #15!!

I'll also be rooting for Derek Holland (12 - 5 and on my fantasy team) and the Texas Rangers at as they face Andrew Miller (6 - 1) and the Red Sux at Fenway Park tonight!

And last but not least, I do have Jose Bautista on my Fantasy team, so if he hits a dinger tonight I hope it's a solo shot! Love that him and Curtis Granderson are trading the lead every few days in the Home Run race this year!

Well one more thing; My rating of the 2011 MVP voting:

#1 - Granderson (HRs, Triples, Runs Scored, RBIs, Bases Stolen, CF Defense - that diving catch last night was The Game Saver)
    #2 - Gonzalez
    #3/#4 - Cano and Ellsbury
    #5/#6 Padroia and Bautista ( or perhaps Texas' Michael Young should be considered)

And some think Justin Verlander - I think that starting pitchers should just be considered for the Cy Young and Verlander is a lock for it this year! If a pitcher only plays in 20% of a team's games in a season how can they be considered a league MVP - team MVP perhaps, League - NO Way!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I am excited!!! You should know I am!!! Today, Nova got his 15th with a 3-2 victory over the Jays!!!!! We're firing on all cylinders!!! Hopefully, A.J. has turned it around!! A very exciting season so far, the Yanks are starting to "step it up" for OCTOBER!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

Well one more thing; My rating of the 2011 MVP voting:

And some think Justin Verlander - I think that starting pitchers should just be considered for the Cy Young and Verlander is a lock for it this year! If a pitcher only plays in 20% of a team's games in a season how can they be considered a league MVP - team MVP perhaps, League - NO Way!
    I'm such a homer for the Tiger's however I must agree that a pitcher should not be an MVP. Verlander has started 30 games this year and has won 21 of these. While that's a great stat I'm not convinced that he is the leagues MVP...probably for the Tigers but that's it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Pitchers, while very important part of the team, only contribute every 4-5 days. The MVP should be an everyday player.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast