Thread: Favorite artist/artwork

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I like those! Especially the first one.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My fav artists are H.R. Giger and Louis Royo

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

My favorite artist is Robert Addison. He was considered one of the top realist painters of the 20th Century. I used the image below (both b/w and color) as The Marsten House in my Second Coming limited edition proposal.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow! I love that!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Wow! Amazing!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

INCREDIBLE!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Thanks guys.
    Below are a few more images of paintings by Robert Addison. First up is Corner House...

Dreamy Afternoon...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Nice work.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that first one. I love old houses like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Love that first one. I love old houses like that.
    Thanks.
    Below is an unfinished painting of Robert Addison's that is similar in composition to the old house I previously posted. Enjoy...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I am sure that tree has a face. And it looks awesome. *sigh*

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Robert Addison is great!

My favorite artist is John Howe. Not only because he has captured Middle-Earth of LotR exactly like I imagined it, but because he's just brilliant like that.

Gray Havens

I've also recently found a new artist, Bobby Chiu. His work is strange, funny, awesome.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Haven Clock Tower by Robert Addison.

Traveler KaMai19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Frank Frazetta. http://www.frankfrazetta.net/
    He passed away May of this year...He was likely best known for his "Conan" and "Death Dealer" art but over the span of his career he produced a multitude of inspiring fantasy art.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Haven Clock Tower by Robert Addison.
    For anyone interested you can view more of Robert Addison's work at
    http://www.robertaddisongallery.com

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

see below

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I love art, I can't afford to buy many painting but I do buy alot of prints.
    Ben Strawn makes beautiflu window box paints:
    http://benstrawn.carbonmade.com/projects/45188

Dan Mcarthy is great

Daniel Danger is cool, he is highly collectible though and his stuff tends to sell out quickly and makes its way onto ebay

Dave Perillo makes some fun stuff

http://montygog.blogspot.com/

Naoto Hattori rules

http://www.naotohattori.com/prints/prints.html

Scott Campbell

http://scott-c.blogspot.com/2010/03/...rk-posted.html

James Jean (original artist of the Fables covers)

http://www.jamesjean.com/store/prints%20%3E%20editions

This is a great gallery to browse for new great artists
    http://www.gallerynucleus.com/store

Dali's museum is unbelievable. I love the giant picture of Jesus and his brother, that definitely needs to be seen in person.
    I like Magritte as well.

The Marsten House by Glenn Chadbourne; 20" x 30", oil on canvas...

Traveler GaOutlaw is on a distinguished road

My favorite artist is Boris Vallejo...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I am a bit of an "Art Collector" I do know what I "like" and these are a few of those select one's that are my favorites:

Artist Proof, by Ron Wood, The Rolling Stones

Roger Dean, Artist to "Yes"

Sgt. Pepper Album, Signed by all four Beatles

And lastly, Eric Clapton, "Crossroads" as done by Ron Wood

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My most recent acquisitions of my favorite artist, Robert Addison...

Queen Anne 1984

Hide & Seek 1960

Seven Oaks 1972

Winter Morning 1976

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I really like these...particularly "Hide and Seek" and "Winter Morning." Wonderfully painted.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started going through robertaddisongallery.com and there are some truly disturbing drawings shown. I haven't finished looking through everything yet but "The Children Are All Gone" and "Ancestral Home" are both excellent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast