Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 697 of 972 FirstFirst ... 197 597 647 687 695 696 697 698 699 707 747 797 ... LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,425 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you get it too. Super cool!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Well, my power's been browning out all day, my computer's shut itself off at least 6 times, and the transfer switch to my whole house generator just went up, literally, in smoke. Luckily, I found the breaker on the side of the house to turn it off, and now I'm on generator power until I can get a new transfer switch installed. On the bright side, I mowed my lawn today.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Well, my power's been browning out all day, my computer's shut itself off at least 6 times, and the transfer switch to my whole house generator just went up, literally, in smoke. Luckily, I found the breaker on the side of the house to turn it off, and now I'm on generator power until I can get a new transfer switch installed. On the bright side, I mowed my lawn today.
    Positive thinking, Steve
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Metallica has set up a foundation to help communities. They auction stuff off every first Tuesday. So far they've done well. The stuff ain't cheap, but hey, it's for charity.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/allwithinmyhandsfoundation
    I'm sensing a vibe for a cause for a fundraiser next year!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    From James or Kirk? I.e. Gibson or ESP?
    It was Kirk’s ESP, back from the Jason Newsted days. The body is chipped... almost like it was smashed during the concert. It was the first time I saw them live though, so I’ve been saving up to try to win it.
    Good luck! That'd be a dream collectible for me

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. The Bradley Center auction is sometime in June, so no more King collecting until then!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thanks guys. The Bradley Center auction is sometime in June, so no more King collecting until then!
    Blasphemy!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unlucky bud, buy you have a nice lawn and you dont need electric for BBQ and beers...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Unlucky bud, buy you have a nice lawn and you dont need electric for BBQ and beers...
    I don't drink beer, I don't barbecue, in fact, I don't do much of anything, oh well.
    So far the generator will cost me $185 for an after hours service call, $90 for two hours of repair, and an unknown amount for a new coil in the transfer box plus a brown-out kit. At least the repairman got me back to power company power. I think homeowners insurance will cover everything after my $250 deductible, which I'd rather have used to buy a Stephen King proof. But I decided having electricity trumps proof in this case.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Ten things that bug me in movies and on TV

1. The totally bogus metal sliding on metal sound when a sharp (or even dull) blade is drawn from a non-metallic sheath, or sometimes just moved through the air!

2. The ‘wall’ filled with clippings, pictures, playing cards, laundry receipts, whatever, all connected by strands of yarn. I’m tired of seeing this darn thing.

3. Sentences in interrogation rooms beginning with any of these words, OKAY, LOOK, SO

4. Characters saying either of these two sentences, “We need to talk.” and “I am so sorry.” or any variations of these.

5. Vehicles flying up in the air after collisions, obviously propelled by a ramp and an air cannon. Most cars don’t fly – yet.

6. Silencers reducing pistol shots to a mere phfffft. As far as I know, there is no such thing. The noise would be louder.

7. Action and fight scenes consisting of no shots lasting more than half a second, with every arm, leg or other movement done from a different angle with a bobbing hand-held camera deliberately shaken.

8. The drowned character who comes back to life, spitting out water, after being thumped on the chest for about twenty minutes with the hero chanting. “No! No! No!” over and over again. It was great in THE ABYSS, but once was enough.

9. The vehicle coming out of the alley or side street to crash into the passenger side of a car from the driver’s POV, who is talking to the passenger. I think the first time I saw this was in THE FORGOTTEN, and again, once was enough.

10. The instant ‘Annie Oakley’ skill of a character who obtains a handgun and starts blazing away at the ‘bad guys’. This is particularly evident in The Walking Dead. Everyone’s a crack shot, woman, boy, man and girl, right from the get-go.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I actually like these ones, cliches though they be:

1. The totally bogus metal sliding on metal sound when a sharp (or even dull) blade is drawn from a non-metallic sheath, or sometimes just moved through the air!

2. The ‘wall’ filled with clippings, pictures, playing cards, laundry receipts, whatever, all connected by strands of yarn. I’m tired of seeing this darn thing.
    ...but I join you in hating this:

4. Characters saying either of these two sentences, “We need to talk.” and “I am so sorry.” or any variations of these.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Re: #5, it can happen. I know it’s not exactly the same as how it goes down in movies but it’s still surprising.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/1...-ana-building/

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

10. The instant ‘Annie Oakley’ skill of a character who obtains a handgun and starts blazing away at the ‘bad guys’. This is particularly evident in The Walking Dead. Everyone’s a crack shot, woman, boy, man and girl, right from the get-go.
    That! Also when the bad guys all have automatic weapons with unlimited ammunition and cannot hit the broad side of a barn.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    That! Also when the bad guys all have automatic weapons with unlimited ammunition and cannot hit the broad side of a barn.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish there was an alternative to Ticketmaster when buying concert tickets. I was helping my wife out this morning, as she and a friend wanted Pink tickets. I had two browsers and my TM app going during the presale, and she did the same from her office. We waited a solid 30 minutes until decent tickets popped up. Ridiculous!

Maybe if you'd have bought green tickets it would have gone faster.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe if you'd have bought green tickets it would have gone faster.
    Green tickets???

Edit: Haha! Just got the joke!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Stormtroopers come to mind.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

These goddam Funko Pop toys contain spoilers.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to give a big shoutout for Jon (jreitan) : awhile ago, I sold him a few items for which we agreed on a payments plans.
    A bit later, I found out that he had some financial issues because he got laid off. I told him to forget or at least not rush for the remaining money.

BUT jon made a point of honor to continue finish the payments whenever he could !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As promised I would like to share with the people here that are routing for my family the outcome of my wife's issues... the bloodwork came back. She went from 70 hemoglobin after the transfusions last Tuesday to 81 at her test Monday AM. THIS IS VERY GOOD. I cannot tell you how relieved and happy I was just to hear this. Tears of joy for sure. However, her Iron which should be in the 100-205 range was 1.2. That is NOT good. You can see it in her especially in the: mouth, tongue, skin, eyes... etc. They head of Hematology told us she believes she has Acute Severe Iron Deficiency. Have not had time to learn much more about it.... but the levels need to come up. Starting next week she will be doing iron infusions via an IV for 6 weeks. Two hours a week. There are side effects and it is the only way to help as food/supplements cannot change or bring it up alone. Her blood is now in Toronto to do further tests but for now... my wife is ok I think. It is not the rare disease her brother has... I will be thankful for that. I'm sure many here have gone through health scares with their spouses. I sympathize.... it is so scary. Thanks to all the good people here that gave me the wishes and reached out. Your good peoples. Love ya all. kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Keeping you guys in my thoughts and wishing you the best, Kris.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sending good thoughts your way, Kris. You are correct. It is tough when your loved ones are ill. I wish nothing but the best for you and your wife. FWIW it helped me to lean on the thought that I/we had done everything we could at the moment and acknowledge that fact. Take care.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Hang in there, Kris. Sounds like they know how to treat the condition whatever it may be and that’s great to hear. I’ll be one of the many here keeping you both in my thoughts.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, I was just thinking about you and yours, wondering how she's doing. I'm glad she's doing some better and she and you are still in my prayers.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 697 of 972 FirstFirst ... 197 597 647 687 695 696 697 698 699 707 747 797 ... LastLast