Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 972 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,375 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The pursuit of perfection is religion.
    The acceptance of imperfection is humanity.

© RF

Man, that's deep!!! lol

Especially for a grizzled, old fart that does not represent the desired demographic of Hollywood!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Religion is the pursuit of faux perfection.
    Atheism is the reality that perfection doesn't exist.
    ©SB

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Posting here to gauge interest in a project I'm currently working on. On top of King stories & non-fic in mags/zines/newspapers/newsletters, I also enjoy collecting interviews and I know some others do as well. One thing I've never really seen (certainly not in MANY years), is a bibliographic list of print interviews with King. There are a couple small lists in early books about King, but nothing very extensive and certainly not updated in decades.

I currently have a list of nearly 100 entries of interviews I've found from research online and pulled from info in books about King (with works sited), but I have a long ways to go. I'm willing to continue the work if others are into it not only because I want to FIND all of these for my own collection, but I think this is something neat and different for the King collecting community to have at hand in case others are also interested in collecting them. I am currently including publication title, issue numbers, dates, interviewer name and title of interview if there is one. It is a lot of work, with some fact checking here and there and going through my own collection....just want to make sure others would be excited to use this list as much as I am. Who knows, might come in handy for future researchers, students, etc. as well. Thoughts?
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It could come up handy I guess, if people are then planning to buy some.
    I personally was recently thinking about trying to hunt down some quotes from King's interviews regarding all of the movies based on his work for a book...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cat and dog just fought for the first time. No surprise that it was over food. Everyone parted ways okay but the cat lost a bit of her winter coat. I had been so happy that they were living in harmony for almost one month now. Trust has been broken.

Just to be clear no animals were harmed. Dog was chastised and the cat was cuddled.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Cat and dog just fought for the first time. No surprise that it was over food. Everyone parted ways okay but the cat lost a bit of her winter coat. I had been so happy that they were living in harmony for almost one month now. Trust has been broken.

Just to be clear no animals were harmed. Dog was chastised and the cat was cuddled.

Steel cage match!!!!!! lol j/k lol Glad everyone survived relatively unharmed.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

We have 2 dogs and 4 cats. One dog is a shar-pei/pug mix who barks at every sound she hears and every person she doesn't know but is actually scared of her own shadow half the time. I can sit on the couch and point the TV remote at her and she'll back away from it like it's going to bite her.

The other dog is an 80 lb rottweiler that we rescued. We assume she came from an abusive household because she doesn't like people fighting with each other. Even if it's play fighting. She always tries to get in the middle to break it up. But if she hears somebody yelling, she tucks her tail and leaves the room.

Anyway, they've both learned not to mess with any of the cats because they know the cats will beat the hell out of them. Even though they are 3 and 4 times their size.

Although one of the cats is a tonkinese and he's so laid back and easy-going that he doesn't even care about the dogs being there. He rubs himself on them and licks them all the time. It's hilarious watching him interact with the shar-pei/pug mix. He'll be rubbing his face on her and purring and she just sits there looking at us like "I have no idea what's happening or what I'm supposed to do..."
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also have a rottie, both his parents were rescued from not so nice security firms... but he is as gentle as they come! Si big and the biggest heart I've ever known an animal to have(even some humans)... great breed and thanks for rescuing there are plenty of theses gentle giants that need a second chance and some love.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump
    By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUN

>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/op...ald-trump.html
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUN

Good thing someone wiser than the voting public is in a position to vacate votes.
    In the village all the children running home

- they sing hymns that haunt them when they're all alone.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUN

Good thing someone wiser than the voting public is in a position to vacate votes.
    That's a good line. Did Trump tweet that?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUN

I'm sure if it were someone deciding that their vote was better than the public's and changing from Hillary, you'd have a different viewpoint about it.
    All I say is, any elector that changes their vote, better have their life insurance paid up...cause a lot of people out there might consider that grounds for a severe ass whooping. Just saying, pretty strong emotions accompanying this election on both sides.

Country
    Country Flag

They could already become a target if they publicly admitted that they wont vote for him...
    Last week or so, I read that someone resigned from their position because they didnt want to vote for Trump (and I guess that didn't want to kill their political career, or more)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They are Constitutionally allowed to vote for whomever they want. They are, in fact, supposed to use their judgment as to the candidates' acceptability for office.

It would not be untoward in the least to vote for the winner of the national election rather than the winner of the elector's state election.

Most electors have made pledges and are faithful to their party.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    All I say is, any elector that changes their vote, better have their life insurance paid up...cause a lot of people out there might consider that grounds for a severe ass whooping. Just saying, pretty strong emotions accompanying this election on both sides.
    Unfortunately, this is true. At this time opposition is met with threats and violence.
    Civilized discussion and debate are becoming extinct.
    It is heartbreaking, imho.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel the same way. My heart hurts every time I see a protest turn into a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Unfortunately, this is true. At this time opposition is met with threats and violence.
    It is heartbreaking, imho.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm sure if it were someone deciding that their vote was better than the public's and changing from Hillary, you'd have a different viewpoint about it.
    …and you’d be wrong (I respect votes).

All I say is, any elector that changes their vote, better have their life insurance paid up...cause a lot of people out there might consider that grounds for a severe ass whooping.
    To say the least. But there are two very different ways in which this may play out:
    1: Trump is unaffected and still takes office. In this case, I expect that the ultimate emptiness of the gesture (which will join other such fruitless faithless electors in the dusty parts of the history books) will prevent it from stirring much up.

2: Trump is prevented from taking office. This would be different – in this case, we will have witnessed the seizure of the White House by a system beyond the control and recourse of the body it ostensibly serves – and we all know what comes after that, don’t we, kids? Here’s a hint: it’s a great deal more serious than a “severe ass whooping.”
    And before the crayon crowd restates the obvious issue for the 23rd time today: yes, the Constitution allows this (no one denies this; this is neither news nor the topic under consideration) – but consider that, in general, the greater a transgression, the less it is helped by any justification, however logical, however well-documented:
    - If someone stumbles into me on the subway, that’s ok
    - If someone rams into me, but I see they were pushed etc., that’s also ok
    - If someone's hand ends up in my pocket, I stop giving a shit about excuses and start punching.
    If Trump is prevented from taking office, many Americans will find themselves uninterested in Constitutional explanations. It will occur to these Americans that such a step boils down to “elites” forcing something unwanted upon them – the very thing they’d voted against in the election. It will occur to these Americans that they were denied their President not because of what the founding fathers thought, but because a chosen few present-day Americans (electors) thought their own opinion above that of the voting public – and this realization may well kindle an interest in pursuing a course of action that doesn’t involve carrying signs, voting, or altering the Constitution. Sometimes, when a problem can’t be solved, the only remaining option is to make an example of they who caused it.

The anti-Trump contingent has increasingly, over the last year and a half or so, been faced with just how difficult reality can be – and, however ugly they find this reality, they must accept it (as first done by establishment Republicans who'd drastically misunderstood their base, and later by defeated Democrats who understood that the campaign had ended). Now, post-election, the anti-Trump holdouts among, and supporting, potentially faithless Republican electors need to understand that they can’t improve their situation – they can only make it much – MUCH – worse.

Guys, we know you hate Trump. We get it. But:

...when you try to pass off one of your political conclusions (such as "unfitness for duty") as an objectively observable fact, you miss the point (which is: we all listened to both candidates, and, despite just how wildly intelligent, compassionate and perceptive you find yourselves, Americans still formed their own opinions).

...when you try to use that "fact" as justification for ignoring the outcome of the election and attempting to overrule it, you are asking for (demanding, really) a new level of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    If the White House is seized by faithless electors, the time for discussion and debate will have passed.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Opposition and protest is at the heart of democracy. If everyone agrees with the people in power and toes the party line, we become North Korea.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And now, a bit of fun:

Many like to say that the founding fathers foresaw Trump when they wrote of a need to protect the Union from the opinion of the masses etc.

Well, two can play that game!

After discussing a fraudulent faith healer by the name of Carlos, a writer said:

…what worries me is that a Carlos will come along with a bigger fish to fry – attractive, commanding, patriotic, exuding leadership. All of us long for a competent, uncorrupt, charismatic leader. We will leap at the opportunity to support, to believe, to feel good. Most reporters, editors, and producers – swept up with the rest of us – will shy away from real skeptical scrutiny.
    Hmm, attractive, charismatic; reporters, editors and producers shying away from scrutiny...Remind you of anyone?

This was written in 1995, but I didn't read it until 2013, and man, it gave me the chills.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

And now, a bit of fun:

Many like to say that the founding fathers foresaw Trump when they wrote of a need to protect the Union from the opinion of the masses etc.

Well, two can play that game!

After discussing a fraudulent faith healer by the name of Carlos, a writer said:

…what worries me is that a Carlos will come along with a bigger fish to fry – attractive, commanding, patriotic, exuding leadership. All of us long for a competent, uncorrupt, charismatic leader. We will leap at the opportunity to support, to believe, to feel good. Most reporters, editors, and producers – swept up with the rest of us – will shy away from real skeptical scrutiny.
    Hmm, attractive, charismatic; reporters, editors and producers shying away from scrutiny...Remind you of anyone?

This was written in 1995, but I didn't read it until 2013, and man, it gave me the chills.
    That's cute, did Trump tweet that?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

St. Troy made his argument and you have made yours. Stopping lowering yourselves by ignoring him and making snarky comments. That does nothing to move the conversation forward. Just makes you look like asses.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It sounds more like he's calling for insurrection.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    St. Troy made his argument and you have made yours. Stopping lowering yourselves by ignoring him and making snarky comments. That does nothing to move the conversation forward. Just makes you look like asses.
    I don't think he expects anything more or less from a member of the "crayon crowd."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 972 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast