Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 591 of 972 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581 589 590 591 592 593 601 641 691 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,775 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I'm doing it all myself. Cleaning, painting, cutting staining, and clear coating the wood slats, etc. Only thing I'm not doing is manufacturing new plastic knobs, ignitor, propane tank-that type of stuff.
    I'm done now except I'm waiting on 3 knobs, and trying to decide if I want to find a replacement tip up shelf (goes to left of BBQ). It's not perfect, but it's damn good looking.
    It's so clean I hesitate to use it

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Sounds like a kick ass lineup man! In flames is definitely one of my all time favorites, i got to see them at Ozzfest 2005. Have a headbangin' time!
    I saw that tour too. I was at the very last show in West Palm Beach. Another reason I prefer Sunday's line-up.

I don't really like the Deftone's. I saw them at another Ozzfest in West Palm. The singer never sings clear. He runs everything through an effects/filter unit. They do have a unique sound and plenty of fans though.

I've seen Disturbed several times. Their first album was amazing. Dan Donegan once pissed off David Draiman by staying on the light box - when he was choreographed to step down in sync with David - so that I could get a picture. He'd seen me trying to get the pic. The couple of people in front of me who had their hands in the air were blocking me. He stayed on the light box until I was able to snap the picture. He then pointed to me and said in a low gravelly voice, "That's for you brother." Good times.

A Day To Remember is pretty good too. They opened for Rise Against a couple of years ago at the UCF arena, and I was impressed.

It's always nice to see good up and coming bands who rock too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yes I'm doing it all myself. Cleaning, painting, cutting staining, and clear coating the wood slats, etc. Only thing I'm not doing is manufacturing new plastic knobs, ignitor, propane tank-that type of stuff.
    I'm done now except I'm waiting on 3 knobs, and trying to decide if I want to find a replacement tip up shelf (goes to left of BBQ). It's not perfect, but it's damn good looking.
    It's so clean I hesitate to use it
    Want to come by my house and "Paint the Fence"? lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    (Just booked my flight & tickets for the Knooooooooooooooooooooofest in Tokyo !)
    \m/

Will then stay 5 days there. Not much, wanted to 2 weeks, but there was a debate with my wife who cant come at all and I already went there in april.

Very cool! Who all is performing?

I don't think I could handle Knotfest. I saw Stone Sour a few years ago, and couldn't believe how intense they were. Slipknot would be overwhelming. I'm better off just listening to their studio albums.

Obviously slipknot, but also Manson, deftones,distubed, lamb of god, inflames, anthrax, crossfaith and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    (Just booked my flight & tickets for the Knooooooooooooooooooooofest in Tokyo !)

I don't think I could handle Knotfest. I saw Stone Sour a few years ago, and couldn't believe how intense they were. Slipknot would be overwhelming. I'm better off just listening to their studio albums.
    Jeremy, are you going both days? I think I'd prefer Sunday's show, ie., Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Marilyn Manson.

LOL, Slipknot is even harder than Stone Sour. It's a hell of a lot of percussion!

http://knotfestjapan.com/bands/

I've seen Slipknot in february in London, it was pretty intense and fun. I like those kinds of concerts, where you sweat like a fucking pig and it's a lot more fun than going to gym.

And hell yeah : I am flying all th way from France to Tokyo for that fest, so I am definitely going to both nights (and stay an extra 5 days in Japan).

I ALWAYS wanted to go a french festival (HELLFEST / FURYFEST) since I was a teenager. Never got to do it.
    I love Slipknott (and Manson) since that same period and it occurred to me ttthat the festival was going to be just before my 30th bday.
    The crazy idea of gong there for the festival crossed my mind, and never left.

Then my bosses told me that I will be getting a bonus with the august wage, and i was like : fuuuuuuuuuck it, I am going !

Also, the flights are extremely cheap : 540e return, small break in Amsterdam, overnight. Just need that there will be no strike,but I shall arrive 1 day before... If there is an issue I can still take a train to amsterdam.

The only thing, is that it happens, just after my 10th anniversay with my wife (halloween), our 1st anniversary of civil partnership (12th of november, day of the terrorist attack in Paris), and before my 30th. I wanted to spend 2 weeks there, but not going to as I know that my wife will be upset, even though she understands.
    Sounds like a kick ass lineup man! In flames is definitely one of my all time favorites, i got to see them at Ozzfest 2005. Have a headbangin' time!
    Have fun, saw Slipknot and Manson with Mice & Men opening last week, great show! Hope you have an awesome time!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, i never really liked the deftones at all. Ozzfest was definitely the place to see up and coming bands for sure (lamb of god on second stage etc)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted AUTHOR X to write a new, unpublished story for In Mint Condition: 2014. He agreed, and his price was $300. I said, "Fuck that, you're AUTHOR X, and I'm over the moon that you would even WANT to work with me! I want to pay you $1,000!" He accepted, and wrote me an amazing story.

Well, In Mint Condition: 2014 wasn't able to come to fruition, and I told AUTHOR X, "Look, you did your part, we fucked it up on our end, I apologize, keep your story, keep the money, thanks anyway."

I got to thinking about that $1,000 recently. I mean ... it's a THOUSAND DOLLARS. I'm not the type of guy to ask for a refund, even IF it stated in our contract that the deal can be canceled by either party at any time prior to publication. That's not me. But ... I got to thinking about the THOUSAND DOLLARS recently, and I decided to swallow my pride and attempt to try to get SOMETHING for my money. I emailed the author and asked if he wouldn't mind sending me some signed books in exchange for the thousand bucks that literally went from my pocket to his without much end result. No obligation, no expectation, no hard feelings either way, but it would be much much MUCH appreciated. I felt petty, I felt unprofessional, this isn't really how I wanted things to go. But at the same time ... I lost a thousand dollars.

He said "Sure, I'll send you a few books. My gift to you." Great, awesome.

That was a month ago. And so far ... nothing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    \m/

Will then stay 5 days there. Not much, wanted to 2 weeks, but there was a debate with my wife who cant come at all and I already went there in april.

Obviously slipknot, but also Manson, deftones,distubed, lamb of god, inflames, anthrax, crossfaith and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Jeremy, are you going both days? I think I'd prefer Sunday's show, ie., Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Marilyn Manson.

LOL, Slipknot is even harder than Stone Sour. It's a hell of a lot of percussion!

http://knotfestjapan.com/bands/

I've seen Slipknot in february in London, it was pretty intense and fun. I like those kinds of concerts, where you sweat like a fucking pig and it's a lot more fun than going to gym.

And hell yeah : I am flying all th way from France to Tokyo for that fest, so I am definitely going to both nights (and stay an extra 5 days in Japan).

I ALWAYS wanted to go a french festival (HELLFEST / FURYFEST) since I was a teenager. Never got to do it.
    I love Slipknott (and Manson) since that same period and it occurred to me ttthat the festival was going to be just before my 30th bday.
    The crazy idea of gong there for the festival crossed my mind, and never left.

Then my bosses told me that I will be getting a bonus with the august wage, and i was like : fuuuuuuuuuck it, I am going !

Also, the flights are extremely cheap : 540e return, small break in Amsterdam, overnight. Just need that there will be no strike,but I shall arrive 1 day before... If there is an issue I can still take a train to amsterdam.

The only thing, is that it happens, just after my 10th anniversay with my wife (halloween), our 1st anniversary of civil partnership (12th of november, day of the terrorist attack in Paris), and before my 30th. I wanted to spend 2 weeks there, but not going to as I know that my wife will be upset, even though she understands.
    Have fun, saw Slipknot and Manson with Mice & Men opening last week, great show! Hope you have an awesome time!
    I dont know at all Mice & Men, but how was the show with Slipknot / Manson. Two separate shows or did they at some point come together to perform along?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I wanted AUTHOR X to write a new, unpublished story for In Mint Condition: 2014. He agreed, and his price was $300. I said, "Fuck that, you're AUTHOR X, and I'm over the moon that you would even WANT to work with me! I want to pay you $1,000!" He accepted, and wrote me an amazing story.

Well, In Mint Condition: 2014 wasn't able to come to fruition, and I told AUTHOR X, "Look, you did your part, we fucked it up on our end, I apologize, keep your story, keep the money, thanks anyway."

I got to thinking about that $1,000 recently. I mean ... it's a THOUSAND DOLLARS. I'm not the type of guy to ask for a refund, even IF it stated in our contract that the deal can be canceled by either party at any time prior to publication. That's not me. But ... I got to thinking about the THOUSAND DOLLARS recently, and I decided to swallow my pride and attempt to try to get SOMETHING for my money. I emailed the author and asked if he wouldn't mind sending me some signed books in exchange for the thousand bucks that literally went from my pocket to his without much end result. No obligation, no expectation, no hard feelings either way, but it would be much much MUCH appreciated. I felt petty, I felt unprofessional, this isn't really how I wanted things to go. But at the same time ... I lost a thousand dollars.

He said "Sure, I'll send you a few books. My gift to you." Great, awesome.

That was a month ago. And so far ... nothing.
    I would guess that "X" stands for "L"
    I understand your enthousiasm but why not having offered his asking price, and offered the extra that you wanted to offer at the publication or 1 year later as some publishers do with royalties?
    Anyway, sorry that you project didnt go through...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Update: He says he sent the box of books. Woot woot!

I didn't do royalties, and I hadn't paid any of the authors or artists up front for their wonderful work except for two award winning authors. The PLAN was, after IMC2013, 2014, and 2015, I would have done a Signed Lettered Omnibus Edition, with a ridiculously over-the-top case and art portfolio, so on and so on, and with THAT money I would have been able to give the authors and artists SOMETHING, even though that's not what they signed on for. The thousand dollars wasn't just for an unpublished short story, it was also for 52 signatures when the time came.

I never liked the idea of not paying people for their work, even if money was never part of the original equation. But I don't know how normal anthology editors/publishers do it. There wasn't really any money left over from the first book.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there any particular reason you're not sharing the name of the author?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Because it's more a post about me than him, lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Because it's more a post about me than him, lol.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone read this on yet?
    I heard King will be making a very scary cameo in the movie.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    anyone read this on yet?
    I heard King will be making a very scary cameo in the movie.
    Sometimes....and this is one of those times.....I am simply at a loss for words.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Pennywise costume. (EW)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Started a mini-restoration on my Weber BBQ. I've had this Weber Genesis for 19 years and use it a couple of times a week. Over time it's worn quite a bit.
    I'm not doing a 100% restoration, just a significant clean up. All the wood pieces are on the verge of falling apart. The rest of the BBQ was fairly soiled.
    I'm waiting on 3 knobs to arrive and then it will be done.

Before:

Here is the finished, refurbished grill:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Started a mini-restoration on my Weber BBQ. I've had this Weber Genesis for 19 years and use it a couple of times a week. Over time it's worn quite a bit.
    I'm not doing a 100% restoration, just a significant clean up. All the wood pieces are on the verge of falling apart. The rest of the BBQ was fairly soiled.
    I'm waiting on 3 knobs to arrive and then it will be done.

Before:

You could of just bought a new one you cheap fuck!!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Great Job!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive! Nicely done.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So I suppose I'm on a jag. I found this on Craigslist for dirt cheap:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!

You might try some tire black on those wheels.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

should have put a V8 swap in it... at the very least put some fatty mag wheels on the back of it and lower it a couple of inches in the front.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

should have put a V8 swap in it... at the very least put some fatty mag wheels on the back of it and lower it a couple of inches in the front.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking more like a blown big block

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Discussion: Riding The Bullet Lettered Edition and Traycase

It seems that most, if not all, Lettered RTB tray cases won't close all the way. Since this is a well known issue do you feel it affects the value on one being sold?

Just curious of opinions and thoughts on it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 591 of 972 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581 589 590 591 592 593 601 641 691 ... LastLast