Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 972 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 630 680 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,500 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So tired... Day 22 straight working 17+ hours a day.... 4 left and a day off. Expanding the company and moves to a new location.... So beat....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet Jesus. Please tell me you're getting reimbursed fairly for these hours!

He's moving of his own volition.
    Who should pay him?
    Feel free to send him $10K (US Dollars everything else is worthless) if you are worried.
    No I will take books and artwork as well brother... Hell even Pesos!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wife's father is president? Wife Vice President?? I'm surprised you're allowed home at all! Every Tuesday I work 16 hours - it's only one day a week but it breaks my cahones and I dread it every Monday night. Good work Kris...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wife's father is president? Wife Vice President?? I'm surprised you're allowed home at all! Every Tuesday I work 16 hours - it's only one day a week but it breaks my cahones and I dread it every Monday night. Good work Kris...
    Thanks so much. I do it for her she is the hardest working women I ever met. And she needs the help.. So i do it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Brexit II?
    How about Texit Part ∞? Texans can be a special kind of stupid sometimes. While I appreciate the spirit of independence, the practicality of such ideas are just amazingly shortsighted (as was Brexit).
    The Supreme Court already ruled on Texit. It isn't legal. The US is like the Mafia; once you join, you can never leave. Basically once Texas (or any other state) joined the union then they became an indissoluble part of the union. Like it or not, it is The United States of America. Not the "United Until Texas Wants To Take A Piss States of America."

If you want to change things; inform yourself and then speak up, show up, and act up. Don't just sit on your ass until the next election. Just voting for some douchebag that you have been handed by the two major parties isn't going to change anything. At least it won't based upon historical evidence.

If you don't want to be a citizen of the US then you always have the option to leave. Just renounce your US citizenship. See ya.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be a "Grandfather" again in Feb 2017!!!!! Hoping for a girl, but as long as the baby is healthy that is what counts!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm going to be a "Grandfather" again in Feb 2017!!!!! Hoping for a girl, but as long as the baby is healthy that is what counts!!!
    Congratulations

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Bill!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just became one for a second time 10 days ago. Sadly they are not in our state!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all. I'm pretty pumped!!! lol Soooooooo, looking forward to this event!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I took my grandson to the King event in Reno. He had a great time and for a 7 year behaved perfectly.
    Close examination of the video from the event will show that King's last question was directed to my grandson, but a "mule" grabbed the mike.
    Fortunately the mule had her request denied by King with an emphatic ...."NO!"

My grandson had a question ready for King regarding "The revenge of lard ass Hogan".

The "mule" asked for her hat to be signed.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I took my grandson to the King event in Reno.
    Close examination of the video fro the event will show that King's last question was directed to my grandson, but a "mule" grabbed the mike.
    Fortunatelythe mule had her request denied by King with an emphatic ...."NO!"
    I'm sure your "grandchildren" are blessed. I only have the "legacy" (Merlin IV) and the one on the way. Time will tell, yes? My best wishes to all the "Grandchildren" out there in our community and beyond!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Close examination of the video fro the event will show that King's last question was directed to my grandson, but a "mule" grabbed the mike.
    I'm sure your "grandchildren" are blessed. I only have the "legacy" (Merlin IV) and the one on the way. Time will tell, yes? My best wishes to all the "Grandchildren" out there in our community and beyond!!!

Merlin IV (the fourth)?
    Sounds cool, but seems to put a lot of pressure on the heir.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin IV (the fourth)?
    Sounds cool, but seems to put a lot of pressure on the heir.
    Yes, we all had to deal with it to a point. First born male child in, America (Big deal for, Germans). Now for four generations. Pressure? you bet!!! LOL We have all wiped our foreheads on the birthdays!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I took my grandson to the King event in Reno. He had a great time and for a 7 year behaved perfectly.
    Close examination of the video from the event will show that King's last question was directed to my grandson, but a "mule" grabbed the mike.

My grandson had a question ready for King regarding "The revenge of lard ass Hogan".

That was my mule (as you already know) who asked the stupid question.....but let's be honest....wasn't your grandson a sort of "mule" as well?....as I am sure he was not going to ask that lard ass Hogan question of his own accord....nor was he most likely buying the book for his own collection.

That said, I owe Dolores (and you) an apology, as she was in the middle of introducing me to your grandson after the event, and the situation at the moment required me to immediately shift my attention elsewhere. It was a necessary, but unfortunate rudeness, and I am sorry for it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Big congrats Bill! Got my fingers crossed the baby is healthy and happy (and the mom too)!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

That was my mule (as you already know) who asked the stupid question.....but let's be honest....wasn't your grandson a sort of "mule" as well?....as I am sure he was not going to ask that lard ass Hogan question of his own accord....nor was he most likely buying the book for his own collection.

I owe Dolores (and you) an apology, as she was in the middle of introducing me to your grandson after the event, and the situation at the moment required me to immediately shift my attention elsewhere. It was a necessary, but unfortunate rudeness, and I am sorry for it.

You are dead wrong about my grandson.

His introduction to Stephen King was reading the Lard Ass Hogan excerpt from Different Seasons. He loved it (as would be possible from at the time 5 year old). We watched the movie
    -Stand by Me together.

My grandson's name is Jacob.

We (my wife and I) drove 4 hours from our home to the hotel near the Barnes and Noble Reno. Jacob was fascinated with the event. Jacob lined up at ~5:30 AM in anticipation.

Jacob had (has) a very cogent question regarding the ROLAH story.

A "mule"-apparently yours; stole the microphone.

As you said, you owe an apology to Dolores and myself.

We don't want nor need your apology.

My grandson was not a "mule".

Your "mules" were and are mules, and quite frankly-you are an ass for intimating my grandson was a mule.

I demand an apology from you to Jacob.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not getting in the middle of your disagreement about the source of the Lard Ass Hogan question, guys, but the tone of the exchange about "mules" does bring up a question for me in general as perhaps I have been operating under false assumptions.

Like, if you ask someone to join you who isn't interested in getting a signed book and you cover their costs or buy them dinner or whatever - with the understanding that you'll receive the signed book, have you somehow denigrated them?

Members here seem to do this fairly frequently with significant others, family members, friends, etc. I've secured signed books for others at book tour stops and others have obtained them for me. I've never considered any of it insulting.

How do people here define "mule" in the context of booksignings, and is it a bad thing?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Bill!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    How do people here define "mule" in the context of booksignings, and is it a bad thing?
    I don't see family and friends as "mules." Dragging in a person off of the street would qualify.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Bill!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family, Bill. And congrats to Mike on the recent addition to his.

Thanks, BR!an, I see your point.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!! That's one awesome news!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm not getting in the middle of your disagreement about the source of the Lard Ass Hogan question, guys, but the tone of the exchange about "mules" does bring up a question for me in general as perhaps I have been operating under false assumptions.

Like, if you ask someone to join you who isn't interested in getting a signed book and you cover their costs or buy them dinner or whatever - with the understanding that you'll receive the signed book, have you somehow denigrated them?

Members here seem to do this fairly frequently with significant others, family members, friends, etc. I've secured signed books for others at book tour stops and others have obtained them for me. I've never considered any of it insulting.

For the record, my "mule" was a legitmate King fan, and I offered her no money. She drove 5+ hours through the night, arrived at the B&N at 2am, and slept in her car (a Jaguar if you can believe it) in the parking lot, and was one of the first 10 people in line.. She saw King, I got the book, and B&N made a sale. A win/win/win. Unfortuantely, Jerome's Grandson lost the opportunnity to ask a question, and while I had no control over that, I am sorry that it happened.

I would define a "mule" as someone whose sole pupose was to be there to carry a book. And if they were paid to do so, I would not consider it denigrating....any more than I would consider it denigrating to hire an Uber driver to drive me to the airport.

That said, I do think that even when we bring a legitmate guest (spouse, friend, family member) to an event like this, and that guest is really not a collector/fan, and that couple walks away with two signed books, and one is kept and one is sold or traded, then I would say that guest is still something of a mule. And while it is not the most endearing term, I mean no disrespect with that at all. As Patrick commented above, members here do it all the time.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

My wife has come with me twice (the only chances I have had to go). Because I want her there... King fan or not... she is my best friend and she shares my excitement for these things. She got a signed book both times, and I sold/traded that to better my collection AND helped out some members here. Not sure what the issue is but I hope you guys work it out

PS: I hope no one calls that purdy lady of mine a mule... I can tell ya that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

PS: I hope no one calls that prudy lady of mine a mule... I can tell ya that.
    NOT A BLOODY CHANCE! Your wife is an AWESOME person!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 972 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 630 680 ... LastLast