Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 972 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 561 611 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,775 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    this just now...
    sci-fi trivia show... Geeks Who Drink...
    Final question... Name as many Stephen King Novels as you can...
    I'm guessing if some of us were on there... they'd had to go into overtime.... we'd still be going.
    Which GWD were you at? I usually go to Pint House Pizza on Wed for that?

It was on TV (Sci-Fi channel)
    we used to have game night's every Tuesday at Jim's on 183/Burnett Rd. - but we would eat pancakes and drink coffee... the bête's has curbed my drinkin' days pretty much, most I do is nurse a shot of Bailey's in several cups of coffee once every week or two.

My 80 hour work weeks interfered with the game night (since I was the organizer), we had them for years, but had to stop once I start pushing Fruit products.
    But now that I've demanded a cut-back on the work hours (since that's what help triggered my diabetes), I'm thinking about firing the Tuesday night game night again- you'd be welcomed to hang with us old chicken-foot domino playin' foggies if you so desired.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    this just now...
    sci-fi trivia show... Geeks Who Drink...
    Final question... Name as many Stephen King Novels as you can...
    I'm guessing if some of us were on there... they'd had to go into overtime.... we'd still be going.
    Which GWD were you at? I usually go to Pint House Pizza on Wed for that?

It was on TV (Sci-Fi channel)
    we used to have game night's every Tuesday at Jim's on 183/Burnett Rd. - but we would eat pancakes and drink coffee... the bête's has curbed my drinkin' days pretty much, most I do is nurse a shot of Bailey's in several cups of coffee once every week or two.

My 80 hour work weeks interfered with the game night (since I was the organizer), we had them for years, but had to stop once I start pushing Fruit products.
    But now that I've demanded a cut-back on the work hours (since that's what help triggered my diabetes), I'm thinking about firing the Tuesday night game night again- you'd be welcomed to hang with us old chicken-foot domino playin' foggies if you so desired.
    I am a mean domino player....

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just coincidence that the number of views on my thread are currently at 29,919 ??
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday, our beloved daughter Yuval flew to Israel to serve in the Israeli army !!! A courageous decision from amazing girl that makes us proud to be her parents.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Shac. You must be very proud of her.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Shac!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Shac! How long will she serve in the army?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Shac. You must be very proud of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Congrats, Shac!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Congratulations Shac! How long will she serve in the army?
    Thanks guys

Brian - 2 years.....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Shac. I hope she keeps safe.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish you and your family the best, Shac.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shac, I'll keep her in my prayers, as I do all who serve.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I lost so much weight my freaking wedding ring slid off and I can't find it!!! Could be anywhere!!! I was going for a ring guard after P/T today!! This is going to drive me fucking bonkers until I can find it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Congratulations Shac. I hope she keeps safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I wish you and your family the best, Shac.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Shac, I'll keep her in my prayers, as I do all who serve.

John
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hysterical. Today little, Merlin IV was doing P/T with me!!! We should have had the camera rolling!!! He was so serious!!! LOL He kept telling me, when I started to get tired, "C'mon, Grandpa!!! Exercise!!!" LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just back from our 2 weeks holidays : a small week in the sunny scotland, before 1 week of a roadtrip in Iceland.
    Simply : AMAZING, QUIET, WONDERFUL.

Among the numerous things we have seen during our 2,000km roadtrip in 1 week :
    - many shooting stars while being in scotland (perseides, like 10 shooting stars in 10 minutes)
    - wildlife : reindeers, numerous birds, whales (4 of them), seals (20 of them)
    - nature : countless waterfalls, mountains, volcanos & lava, geysers, northern lights (we have seen some couple of nights in a row, even though there were faded and that there are "no northern lights in augusts"!)

We had 3 cameras between us : my iPhone, her camera, a gopro I bought at the airport. We now have about 4,000 pictures to sort out !

Oh and they have some really fucked up gravel roads !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds wonderful. I need a vacation like that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" yesterday and it brought back some memories. The day after "Black Monday" my business partner and I decided the Wall St Consulting firm we had started 4 mos earlier had to go on the back burner and we started our Telecom firm with my father. It would go on to be very successful. I made this momentous decision not quite a month after my daughter was born (our second child). Man, what a scary and ballsy time. We made it happen though and eventually sold both firms for a tidy sum each. But talk about balls, both having them and experiencing them crawling back up into your body!!!! LOL LOL LOL

The Telecom Co.'s first main office was in my Mother's old sewing room!!! LOL LOL Three guys, a couple of phones and some paper goods!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Was watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" yesterday and it brought back some memories. The day after "Black Monday" my business partner and I decided the Wall St Consulting firm we had started 4 mos earlier had to go on the back burner and we started our Telecom firm with my father. It would go on to be very successful. I made this momentous decision not quite a month after my daughter was born (our second child). Man, what a scary and ballsy time. We made it happen though and eventually sold both firms for a tidy sum each. But talk about balls, both having them and experiencing them crawling back up into your body!!!! LOL LOL LOL

The Telecom Co.'s first main office was in my Mother's old sewing room!!! LOL LOL Three guys, a couple of phones and some paper goods!!!!
    Strange, we watched this for the first time 3 days ago. Fairly coincidental considering it has been out for quite a number of months now. Fun movie, but sheesh what a business. I can't imagine working in a place that is only 1/2 that chaotic!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's depressing being back to work after 2 amazing weeks of holidays :-(
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was asked a stock question this morning, so thought I would pass on my response in case anyone else is interested. This is only my opinion; do your homework, I could be utterly and completely wrong.

The question was what stock do I like; my answers are Disney (DIS) and Hasbro (HAS). Disney was at $120 before the August 4th earnings call where everything was up except for ESPN subscriptions; people got stupid on that little bit of news so it dropped, and then it dropped again with this market crash. It was down to $94 yesterday, back up to $98 already this morning (I just bought). Star Wars (which is going to be a monster) is coming out in December, they're building a new park in China, new Toy Story, new Finding Nemo, all the upcoming Marvel movies ... I believe it's going to go back where it was, if not higher. I've had Disney since 2009; they acquired Marvel (which I owned) that year so I got Disney shares at $50 and cash in the deal. I've bought more several times since then as the price has gone up; I bought a week or so ago after the first drop at $107 and again today at $98. Disney has been a great stock, constantly beating expectations and they even just increased their dividend. ESPN is only one aspect of Disney's business, and while it is important it is not everything. The thing about the drop is that it may have only been a one-time bump ... maybe it was the beginning of a trend, but then again maybe not. The key point is that all other parts of Disney's business were up, and up very well.

Along with Disney is Hasbro (HAS) which owns the merchandising rights to all their stuff; again, new Star Wars in December (think holiday shopping) will be huge for them, Toy Story, Nemo, Marvel, etc. They were at $83 a week ago, dropped to $71 on all this, and are going back up this morning. I think Disney will have the most gain on investment, likely returning to where it was ($120) and possibly going even higher ... it is a buy and hold long term. Hasbro I think you'll have less return, but it is a cheaper stock to buy depending on your budget.

With the market doing it's crazy things you may or may not want to wait ... maybe Disney's $94 yesterday was the low, maybe not. It's turbulent markets like this that provide good opportunities for investment in good companies, all it takes is a bit of patience and good timing. If the market drop has bottomed out, and this was the "expected" overall 10% correction, then now is the time to buy ... but if it gets crazy again a second or third time (which it very well could) everything could drop another 10-20%. I only do long term investments, I don't do shorts or any of that nonsense ... way too volatile and I'm not anywhere near knowledgeable enough for that.

Again, please do your own homework on these things, don't go out and bet the farm (or the books) on one guy's post.

George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Merlin1958 - They have made wooden cases for Faithful so they burn quicker!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Merlin1958 - They have made wooden cases for Faithful so they burn quicker!!!!

Great minds think alike, Alan!!! LOL I should get, Dick to pre-soak them in a flammable liquid!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DISCLAIMER: This post is not directed at any one individual or related posts....

Is it just me or has the level of sensitivity regarding opinions, posts, feedback, etc been escalated as of late? Specifically over the course of the last six months?

Simply an observation from an outsiders perspective. As you know, I don't post nearly as much as I have done in the past. Just seems like a lot of walking on egg shells in response to not knowing how one will react.

Again, not directed at anyone. Simply the site in general.

If everyone disagrees, I will crawl back in my hole and surface again with the BIG REVEAL at a later date!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    DISCLAIMER: This post is not directed at any one individual or related posts....

Is it just me or has the level of sensitivity regarding opinions, posts, feedback, etc been escalated as of late? Specifically over the course of the last six months?

Simply an observation from an outsiders perspective. As you know, I don't post nearly as much as I have done in the past. Just seems like a lot of walking on egg shells in response to not knowing how one will react.

If everyone disagrees, I will crawl back in my hole and surface again with the BIG REVEAL at a later date!
    Gotta agree with this thought... it happens a little too often. We are ALL on the same team so to speak...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Sadly, that's very true. I understand that we're having discussions on something we're all passionate about, but it tends to get pretty ridiculous at times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 972 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 561 611 ... LastLast