Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 972 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great ideas about spreading around the help. Love the Haven Foundation, but there really are so many charities out there, good charities that aren't scams. We can't help everyone, but $10,000+ is more than just a little bit of money. I'm with the majority, of course. The Ambannon Books $1,000 check must be for the Haven Foundation this year, but next year it can be for something else, given enough notice. My idea of how to decide which charity to give to goes like this:

Whoever donates the most money this year (either by winning auctions or donating the actual money) gets to come up with a list of three legitimate charities for next year. The community then "votes" on those three charities and however the percetages go, that's how we'll split the money. For example. If Choice A gets 8 votes, Choice B gets 4 votes, and Choice C doesn't get any votes, then Choice A will get 66.67% of the money and Choice B will get the remainding 33.33% of the money. Choice C, with no votes, gets nothing. Very fair, and it provides more motivation to donate more

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Also moved by the holiday spirit here, but in a different way (thankfully!) than Terry. While dropping my son off at school yesterday, my wife overhead one of the girls in his class say that she was really cold. She was wearing a zip-up hoodie, and it was 24 degrees outside. Her friend asked her why she wasn't wearing a winter coat, and she said "Because I can't afford a coat like yours". She's 8 years old.

My wife told me, we talked to her teacher and the school social worker first thing this morning (to make sure it wasn't just a kid's story, to verify the family's circumstances); unfortunately it's true. So, today we're buying her a nice winter coat, hat, scarf, gloves, heavy socks, and leaving a Target gift card in the pocket. She's going to get everything anonymously this afternoon so she'll have it for the Thanksgiving break.

Sometimes it takes the overheard conversation of an 8 year old to make you realize how fortunate your life is, even when things aren't going perfectly. I spent almost $1k over the past week or so on books while a little girl was freezing because there wasn't money for a coat. She's not the only one either according to the social worker; she's just the one that we overheard. That sucks. I've seen squallor and worked with and helped many poor families and kids in Panama, Honduras, Philippines, Colombia ... but I wasn't expecting it here.

I'm doing some gathering of additional clothes (used and new) for the school for the holidays. If you've got anything you'd like to donate (the school is K through 5), please feel free to send a box my way. Toys and $ also welcome, it will all go to the kids and their families that need it at Martinez Elementary here in Colorado Springs. I know the world is falling apart with Sandy and Gaza and Syria, but all I can do is try to help out the little corner that I happen to be living in right now.

PM me if you've got any questions, or e-mail ericks_dad@yahoo.com.

Edit: Someone asked me if PayPal was okay, it is absolutely ... just tell me how you'd like me to use it. Cash to the family (working through the school social worker), gift card for a store, buy clothes to give directly to the kids, toys for the holidays ... whatever you'd like I'll be happy to do it. Thanks very much for the inquiries so far; I know its been said before, but this site really is awesome ... the people here are like family, fantastic! (even with some of the crazy Uncles!)
    Very nice gesture George!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Time off for turkey week then two more weeks of work before shipping out to Germany. Woot! Turkey + Paid Vacation + Bier= Happy Mr. Staad

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Time off for turkey week then two more weeks of work before shipping out to Germany. Woot! Turkey + Paid Vacation + Bier= Happy Mr. Staad
    Good for you. Timbo!!!! Have a stein for me!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldnt help but thinking about Jerome (RF) while being at the cinema watching SINITER !

Trailer =>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYxydrVlDk

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I couldnt help but thinking about Jerome (RF) while being at the cinema watching SINITER !

Trailer =>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYxydrVlDk

Wow that last pic is a dead ringer for Jerome, maybe a stunt double job is available

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    There's an organization in the Cleveland area that's called "Coats for Kids" that I've contributed to. They do an excellent job. I don't know if it's a local thing or nationwide, though.

John
    I'm pretty sure it's nationwide because I've heard of it as well. There are donation bins that we can put coats into all over the place.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    She told us that she cried because she was so happy that her daughter had a coat and wouldn't be cold anymore.

Perhaps have a goal of $10K for Haven, with anything above that going towards XXXXXX. You could stay with one long term, or even change it up each year .. have a list for members to choose from/vote on, so that a different charity benefits each year.
    Very cool George. And I like this idea of anything over 10K going to another chosen charity, if the other members agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Hallelujah (I tried marriage three times, didn't work once - conclusion, I should stick to rats and clowns cos I absolutely suck at marriage)
    Yeah, I also tried it on a couple of times. Decided it looks better on the hanger.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I've just seen the photos from the engagement shoot, and they are great...even if my posture is poor and my belly sticking out :-)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I sponsor a family through these guys...

http://www.childfund.org/sponsorship...FSPhQgodpSIApg

It's very rewarding and I converted 9 Intl folks to "Yankee Fans"!!! LOL Seriously, they give 80% of all donations directly to the Children/Family.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Recommend you try a new search engine:
    http://duckduckgo.com/

Significantly better search results an almost no ads like Google now does.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very sorry, but I just can't seem to help myself. I've got to enjoy this while I can and my apologies to all concerned....

Happy Holidays to each and every one of you folks!!!!

Notre Dame is ranked No. 1!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Great ideas about spreading around the help. Love the Haven Foundation, but there really are so many charities out there, good charities that aren't scams. We can't help everyone, but $10,000+ is more than just a little bit of money. I'm with the majority, of course. The Ambannon Books $1,000 check must be for the Haven Foundation this year, but next year it can be for something else, given enough notice. My idea of how to decide which charity to give to goes like this:

Whoever donates the most money this year (either by winning auctions or donating the actual money) gets to come up with a list of three legitimate charities for next year. The community then "votes" on those three charities and however the percetages go, that's how we'll split the money. For example. If Choice A gets 8 votes, Choice B gets 4 votes, and Choice C doesn't get any votes, then Choice A will get 66.67% of the money and Choice B will get the remainding 33.33% of the money. Choice C, with no votes, gets nothing. Very fair, and it provides more motivation to donate more
    While your idea has some merits, it is unfortunately not the "end all" solution. This site has been, and always should be for the "Haven Fund". Good or Bad. You can only do what you can, right? Thanks for the input, Shannon, but we have to stick to our roots, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I politely disagree. Politely, so please don't bite my head off, lol. I think change and adaptability are good. Just because something was and is, does not mean it has to be.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I politely disagree. Politely, so please don't bite my head off, lol. I think change and adaptability are good. Just because something was and is, does not mean it has to be.
    Very true, but you have to remember that a lot of artists's contribute and the HF benefits their kind (?) So you can shift focus, but you will ultimately lose contributors I would guess. Up to the membership I suppose. Good points, Shannon nonetheless.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree with you 100% about the artists' contributions. Good point.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree with you 100% about the artists' contributions. Good point.
    Yeah, you kinda win and lose, ya know? Maybe just best to stick to what we do here. That's just MHO

No reason some folks can't help with some of the other fine charities posted!! Right?

Spoiler:
    "A man never stands as tall as when he stoops to help another" (paraphrased) Abraham Lincoln!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

This site has been, and always should be for the "Haven Fund". Good or Bad. Thanks for the input, Shannon, but we have to stick to our roots, right?
    Why?

I am not saying that the Haven Fund is not a good thing, but like Shannon, I disagree that it "always should be be for the Haven fund. Good or Bad" (especially if it is bad).

Believe me, I get why this site raises money for King's personal charity...it is a site dedicated to all things King....so that seems like a no-brainer.....but where I work, saying you did something "because that is the way we've always done it" is one of the quickest ways to get shown the door.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

was going through old boxes and found a VHS video - from 1986 of me and my best friend Bonnie dancing .... so I transferred it to digital and broke it up....

Anyway... pretty funny stuff... Just call me MR. Mullet Head....

here is us doing a polka...

and here is one of us doing a jitterbug...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

and... this is damned funny... I was such a dork... The Chippendale dancer from Hell

Oh... and this is my friend, as she looks today... she's 54 years old and still a sweetheart.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, love the videos!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, love the videos!
    +1. Looks like great fun Mr. Mullethead! LOL and J/K (about Mr. Mullethead)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Everyone have a very nice Gobble Gobble day!
    Eat Drink and Be Merry!
    (and try to be patient with the family and friends you purposely avoid the rest of the year...)
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A very happy and healthy Thanksgiving to you all!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Have a happy bird!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 972 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 ... LastLast