Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 972 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 784 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article on Joe Stefko of Charnel House.

http://www.finebooksmagazine.com/iss...paign=20121031

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Been looking at possible honeymoon locations, anyone been to mexico, the mayan riviera?
    Don't go there. Go to the Pacific Ocean side of Costa Rica (or tour both sides of the country).
    Never been to Costa Rica but been to both Cancun and Cabo. Cabo is nice, not so touristy but I personally didnt find it so wonderful that I wanted to go back. Cancun disgustingly touristy. In fact so much so we decided to leave. Ended up renting a beat up rattling Jeep (the best they had so they said) and explore the "real" Mexico. Not the smartest thing for two American tourists on their own but it ended up being one of the most exciting, interesting, scary, amazing, eye-opening adventures Ive ever had. We took the 2 1/2-3 hour drive to the Mayan village Chichen Itza then chose roads at random for the way back to Cancun. We saw hoards of rats the size of small ponies, dogs being bred for food, Mexican Army tanks barreling up the dirt roads, shelters that were no more than torn sheets draped between rocks. Its one thing to see this stuff on TV, quite another to have it in your face up close and personal. We got back to our hotel unscathed but enlightened.
    Personally I think that would be an awesome Honeymoon. But Im weird that way. If your looking for something pretty and romantic go Hawaii - Kawaii in particular. Thats the least touristy island.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Charnel Houses books. One day ... one day.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck to Obama for today!
    Pardon my French, but Fuck him!!! Just voted for Romney and lower taxes and national debt!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pardon my French, but Fuck him!!! Just voted for Romney and lower taxes and national debt!!!
    There were rumors of a kinder, gentler Merlin posting the boards. Glad the 'real' Bill is back! And yes, I agree with you 100%!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    There were rumors of a kinder, gentler Merlin posting the boards. Glad the 'real' Bill is back! And yes, I agree with you 100%!!
    What? This is a Kinder, gentler me!!! LOL LOL LOL

I said "pardon my French" didn't I? LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on making the decision to go for the overseas experience, Ben Staad! Hope all goes as smoothly as possible (1-day travel windows notwithstanding)!

I love Mexico, although I agree with TN that some places are overly touristy. It just depends on the experience you want - especially since it's your honeymoon.

I voted this morning before coming to work. I always vote in the morning because by nightfall on the west coast, it doesn't feel like my vote counts.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I always vote via absentee ballot. No waiting in line for us! My vote (for Romney) went in a couple weeks ago.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted by mail 3 weeks ago. Being in California the vote for president is somewhat already decided (in other words, Obama takes California with ease). There are some crucial state and local issues that I weighed in upon.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ...........I voted this morning before coming to work. I always vote in the morning because by nightfall on the west coast, it doesn't feel like my vote counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My wife and I always vote via absentee ballot. No waiting in line for us! My vote (for Romney) went in a couple weeks ago.

John
    We just voted this morning, also. Can't say exactly why but I've never trusted early voting - Maybe I'm a conspiracist but it seems like it gives 'them' too much time to change, lose, double count, not count at all or otherwise mess with my vote. (Which was also for the winner........)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congrats on making the decision to go for the overseas experience, Ben Staad! Hope all goes as smoothly as possible (1-day travel windows notwithstanding)!
    Thank you very much. Very nervous and excited.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I refuse to vote for a candidate that I don't believe in. Obama has shown me that he was nowhere near experienced enough for the office (and not smart enough to change VPs in favor of someone effective for a possible second term), and I wouldn't trust Romney to manage my kid's soccer team, never mind a country. It's truly a shame that our politics are governed by money and religion (neither should be allowed to influence a vote, but they do). I'll vote when the next Ronald Reagan runs; in the meantime I can proudly say that I'm not responsible for where this country is now or where its going to be over the next four years; no matter who wins, we are screwed yet again.

Sorry folks, but our system is badly badly broken when you only have two choices and you're voting what you hope will be the lesser of two evils. Obama only won four years ago because he wasn't Bush ... that's just wrong. Before that Gore won the popular but Bush was made President because of the electoral vote. Don't you wonder where we'd be today if the your vote actually mattered? You sure wouldn't have to be making the choice you're making today.

Just my opinion.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Not a huge fan of the way the system works. Or the mainstream media for that matter. But I did vote for who I thought would be the best choice for our country.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I refuse to vote for a candidate that I don't believe in. Obama has shown me that he was nowhere near experienced enough for the office (and not smart enough to change VPs in favor of someone effective for a possible second term), and I wouldn't trust Romney to manage my kid's soccer team, never mind a country. It's truly a shame that our politics are governed by money and religion (neither should be allowed to influence a vote, but they do). I'll vote when the next Ronald Reagan runs; in the meantime I can proudly say that I'm not responsible for where this country is now or where its going to be over the next four years; no matter who wins, we are screwed yet again.

Sorry folks, but our system is badly badly broken when you only have two choices and you're voting what you hope will be the lesser of two evils. Obama only won four years ago because he wasn't Bush ... that's just wrong. Before that Gore won the popular but Bush was made President because of the electoral vote. Don't you wonder where we'd be today if the your vote actually mattered? You sure wouldn't have to be making the choice you're making today.

Just my opinion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Obama only won four years ago because he wasn't Bush ... that's just wrong. Before that Gore won the popular but Bush was made President because of the electoral vote. Don't you wonder where we'd be today if the your vote actually mattered? You sure wouldn't have to be making the choice you're making today.

Just my opinion.
    Obama wasn't running against Bush in 2008. Bush had two terms. Obama defeated John McCain and ...cough...cough...(the more qualified than Biden?) Sarah Palin.

BTW, I love people who refuse to vote, or don't vote at all...it makes my vote more powerful.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I think he means McCain was too similar to Bush.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I think he means McCain was too similar to Bush.
    I understood what he might have meant, but what he said was what I quoted. Had he said "he wasn't Republican" it would have been more accurate.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, sorry ... the '08 vote was all about not being Bush, and McCain being a crony and Republican pretty much sealed his fate from the beginning. The complete misjudgment of choosing Palin just made him a laughingstock on top of it. Too bad, I kind of liked aspects of McCain ... if he'd paired up with Colin Powell (or vice versa, if Powell was interested in office) things would have likely been quite different and being a Republican might not have been as big a detractor.

Oh well, water under the bridge at this point .... can only hope America will pull its head out of its ass with an audible pop at some point in the future and develop candidates worthy of the vote.

As far as my not voting making someone else's vote more powerful, that's a fallacy unless there's only a dozen people in your state ( and your state happened to be the same as mine). When I lived in Alaska, the winner of the election had already been decided and the state polls weren't anywhere near closed yet. The vote of an entire state didn't matter because the electoral votes of others had already decided it. Does that sound right? If something like that doesn't turn you off to the electoral system (and politics in general) I don't know what would.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

if you're gonna throw your vote away you might as well vote libertarian, George. Help change the status quo.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I considered the Rosanne Barr/Cindy Sheehan ticket .....

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just kidding!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Vote Johnson
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Grimes/Dixon 2012!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Our news programmes showed long queues at the voting stations and people waiting for hours to vote.

In the UK if we had to wait more than 10 minutes, everyone would go home.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Our news programmes showed long queues at the voting stations and people waiting for hours to vote.

In the UK if we had to wait more than 10 minutes, everyone would go home.
    Maybe that's why GB is no longer really relevant in global politics???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe that's why GB is no longer really relevant in global politics???
    When was it ever?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 972 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 784 ... LastLast