Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 972 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 637 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's 1.30am here, and i am trying to reach people in Sydney (Australia) for one of our customers....... need to call back later on as they're on a meeting...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I brought this up in another thread, thought it might be useful to some of you here as well, especially if you're actively looking or thinking of looking for a job.

If you're not already on LinkedIn.com, it's the best professional networking site out there, the one that all HRs use. Importantly, it's not Facebook ... no stupid kids or family photos or farmville here, it's strictly professionals. If you want to make contacts and find jobs in your field (any field), anywhere in the world, this is the place. For Harrison Ryan (see The Art Wall) as an example, I just went on there and searched the keyword "Illustration" and got 77,007 people somehow tied to that. I did "Comic Art" and got 6,508. It's just a matter of making contacts; once you get started talking with people and finding the right groups for you on there, if you put the effort in you will see results in 3-6 months, pretty much guaranteed. It's completely about networking.

For everyone out there job hunting, or just looking to make contacts with other people with the same interests as you, if you're not on LinkedIn you're not in the right place! No, I'm not getting paid to say that; I've been using it for 6 months and wish I'd known about it years ago ... first job since retirement hopefully coming very soon, all thanks to things I learned and contacts I made on LinkedIn. You can check out my profile to see how it works if interested: http://www.linkedin.com/in/georgehwhite Use the search engine to find any company or anybody; it works, is extremely effective, and only takes a little bit of your time.

George

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I also use Linkedin quite frequently, in order to find suitable candidates for various job openings (I currently work as a recruiter in the life sciences/chemistry/pharma industry). And I also use it to look for interesting positions for myself because I'm not planning to stay in recruitment

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm registered at linkedin.com and it was funny...when I left Gameloft, I received 5 job proposals without sending even an email. One of the proposals offered me a better salary than the one I used to have.

Very useful site.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Before looking for a job, i worked on my personal branding, and therefore i did put my profile on quite a few websites:
    monster, linkedin, viadeo (french competitor to Linkedin), doyoubuzz.... etc

It did work quite well, cause from summer 2010 to november i was usually called twice a week... and it was the same at the beginning of 2011.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Do any of you guys use Shelfari?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I used to date her in high school.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick has used her!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Patrick has used her!
    Used and abused.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    That'll teach you to look for a sensible answer in this thread

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

So apparently, the adaptation of THE DARK TOWER is getting on its way.
    I guess that the studios and Stephen King could organise something similar to what was done for CELL : a charity auction, and the winner gets a wee role in one of the movies+series

Country
    Country Flag

Can you please VOTE FOR MY GIRLFRIEND'S CREATIONS?
    It takes 1-2 minutes MAXIMUM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...150#post604150

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Can you please VOTE FOR MY GIRLFRIEND'S CREATIONS?
    It takes 1-2 minutes MAXIMUM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...150#post604150
    I did

Tell her good luck

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. R.T. got it. Well played.

Lisa, if you are looking for a place to track your books, we have a thread dedicated to that topic:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-of-your-books

HW, the links didn't load for me in a reasonable period of time. I'll try again later.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else having a flutter on the greatest horse race in the world - the Grand National???

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be giving my yearly donation Tom.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tito ... never heard of it! Now if you want to talk about the Braves ~ Phillies game tonight, I'm all there!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Get in my horse won it will easily pay for me, my brother, sister and girlfriend to go and see the monster trucks that are coming to my football teams ground yesssss

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    Tito ... never heard of it! Now if you want to talk about the Braves ~ Phillies game tonight, I'm all there!

Ouch!!!! Braves got "Owned"!!!!!!!!

Freaking Philly rotation!!!!!! Oswalt was "On"!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a fan of the so called Grand National, how can they allow a race that takes so much out of the horses that some die from it every year, how can that be right?. Winner of the race was even fined for excessively whipping his horse, I'm like why should they be allowed whips at all, horses will run by nature, pushing them past their breaking point with whips should get you in trouble with the police & RSPCA not a poxy fine.

Here we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers but I guess it's all about the money with big profile events like this.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bittersweet for me Merlin; I've been a Braves fan since '86 and watch every game I can, but have Oswalt and Howard on my fantasy team ... gotta go with the points there.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to bother with this, but I'm working on a subtitle of a dollar baby for the spanish festival and there's one part I can't understand at all.

I uploaded the file audio here:

http://www.restaurantdelamente.com/arifiles/radio.wav

It's driving me NUTS!

This is what I understood:

From the ****** the best
    How about another double cold *****Sandwitch. I am Bob Cornera and this is KM Radio

Help is very welcomed!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari, In the written version of 'The Body', the Disc Jockey is Bob Cormier, not sure on the "Stand By Me" movie if the name was changed.
    The audio quote (to my best) says " From the rocks in stacks, it's the best on wax!" How about another double pull of oldie twin spin sound sandwich! I'm Bob Cormier and this is KLBM radio....."
    The 'rocks' reference is to Rock and Roll, and the 'stacks' reference is to the old method of stacking 45 rpm vinyl records in stacks in a queue above the record platter. The 'wax' is slang for vinyl records. "Double pull' refers to 2 songs in a row, often from the same artist, 'double pull' also is slang for taking two big drinks of a beverage-usually an alcoholic beverage-beer most often.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ari, In the written version of 'The Body', the Disc Jockey is Bob Cormier, not sure on the "Stand By Me" movie if the name was changed.
    The audio quote (to my best) says " From the rocks in stacks, it's the best on wax!" How about another double pull of oldie twin spin sound sandwich! I'm Bob Cormier and this is KLBM radio....."
    The 'rocks' reference is to Rock and Roll, and the 'stacks' reference is to the old method of stacking 45 rpm vinyl records in stacks in a queue above the record platter. The 'wax' is slang for vinyl records. "Double pull' refers to 2 songs in a row, often from the same artist, 'double pull' also is slang for taking two big drinks of a beverage-usually an alcoholic beverage-beer most often.
    In Stand By Me, he gives his name as "The Bossman" Bob Cormier (pronounced cor-me-AY)...I heard the same thing as in Flagg's transcript above, except it's "KLAM" radio.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 972 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 637 ... LastLast