Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 972 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 790 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    PLEASE change. I actually had a nightmare about this baby last night.
    Not kidding.
    It really pushes my mom buttons. Put up the damn chattery teeth clown again.
    ANYTHING. IM BEGGING YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

It is the first thing anyone sees when i am surfing the boards at work. I could get fired for this!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;737545]
    Not kidding.
    ANYTHING. IM BEGGING YOU

It is the first thing anyone sees when i am surfing the boards at work. I could get fired for this!!!
    That's kind of funny, you could get fired for that.... but not for surfing the boards on company time at work....
    really?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it bad that when i budget for different things for the wedding i always think what King/collectable book i could buy instead???

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

not at all. For the money i spent on my last wedding I could have bought the Asbestos Firestarter.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Not kidding.
    ANYTHING. IM BEGGING YOU

Yet the CPS workers think it's awesome.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    not at all. For the money i spent on my last wedding I could have bought the Asbestos Firestarter.
    IF only we could have back the money we pissed away on bad decisions....like ex wives!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

This one's a keeper!
    Had an engagement phot shoot with our photographer in the mill ruins next to our cottage last wednesday, was very fun

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ok... So I know it's the week Before Thanksgiving.... but what can I say, I'm moved by the holiday spirit early, figured I'd get a "leg up" on my Christmas shopping.

So Merry Fricking Christmas everyone.... Ho Ho Ho! Who want's to be my Ho?

And this is my Holiday Avatar.... just for all you naughty boys and girls.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    IF only we could have back the money we pissed away on bad decisions....like ex wives!
    My divorce was 3x the cost of my wedding. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

And ex husbands
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Looks like something from The Walking Dead

ok... So I know it's the week Before Thanksgiving.... but what can I say, I'm moved by the holiday spirit early, figured I'd get a "leg up" on my Christmas shopping.

So Merry Fricking Christmas everyone.... Ho Ho Ho! Who want's to be my Ho?

And this is my Holiday Avatar.... just for all you naughty boys and girls.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Also moved by the holiday spirit here, but in a different way (thankfully!) than Terry. While dropping my son off at school yesterday, my wife overhead one of the girls in his class say that she was really cold. She was wearing a zip-up hoodie, and it was 24 degrees outside. Her friend asked her why she wasn't wearing a winter coat, and she said "Because I can't afford a coat like yours". She's 8 years old.

My wife told me, we talked to her teacher and the school social worker first thing this morning (to make sure it wasn't just a kid's story, to verify the family's circumstances); unfortunately it's true. So, today we're buying her a nice winter coat, hat, scarf, gloves, heavy socks, and leaving a Target gift card in the pocket. She's going to get everything anonymously this afternoon so she'll have it for the Thanksgiving break.

Sometimes it takes the overheard conversation of an 8 year old to make you realize how fortunate your life is, even when things aren't going perfectly. I spent almost $1k over the past week or so on books while a little girl was freezing because there wasn't money for a coat. She's not the only one either according to the social worker; she's just the one that we overheard. That sucks. I've seen squallor and worked with and helped many poor families and kids in Panama, Honduras, Philippines, Colombia ... but I wasn't expecting it here.

I'm doing some gathering of additional clothes (used and new) for the school for the holidays. If you've got anything you'd like to donate (the school is K through 5), please feel free to send a box my way. Toys and $ also welcome, it will all go to the kids and their families that need it at Martinez Elementary here in Colorado Springs. I know the world is falling apart with Sandy and Gaza and Syria, but all I can do is try to help out the little corner that I happen to be living in right now.

PM me if you've got any questions, or e-mail ericks_dad@yahoo.com.

Edit: Someone asked me if PayPal was okay, it is absolutely ... just tell me how you'd like me to use it. Cash to the family (working through the school social worker), gift card for a store, buy clothes to give directly to the kids, toys for the holidays ... whatever you'd like I'll be happy to do it. Thanks very much for the inquiries so far; I know its been said before, but this site really is awesome ... the people here are like family, fantastic! (even with some of the crazy Uncles!)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That's very kind of you. Our family tries to do something for someone in need every year. It usually involves the Christmas Angels that they have in the malls here. You buy gifts for kids in need, usually a scooter or some sort of game, sometimes clothes but we have relatively mild winters here so that's rare. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Also moved by the holiday spirit here, but in a different way (thankfully!) than Terry. While dropping my son off at school yesterday, my wife overhead one of the girls in his class say that she was really cold. She was wearing a zip-up hoodie, and it was 24 degrees outside. Her friend asked her why she wasn't wearing a winter coat, and she said "Because I can't afford a coat like yours". She's 8 years old.

My wife told me, we talked to her teacher and the school social worker first thing this morning (to make sure it wasn't just a kid's story, to verify the family's circumstances); unfortunately it's true. So, today we're buying her a nice winter coat, hat, scarf, gloves, heavy socks, and leaving a Target gift card in the pocket. She's going to get everything anonymously this afternoon so she'll have it for the Thanksgiving break.

Sometimes it takes the overheard conversation of an 8 year old to make you realize how fortunate your life is, even when things aren't going perfectly. I spent almost $1k over the past week or so on books while a little girl was freezing because there wasn't money for a coat. She's not the only one either according to the social worker; she's just the one that we overheard. That sucks. I've seen squallor and worked with and helped many poor families and kids in Panama, Honduras, Philippines, Colombia ... but I wasn't expecting it here.

I'm doing some gathering of additional clothes (used and new) for the school for the holidays. If you've got anything you'd like to donate (the school is K through 5), please feel free to send a box my way. Toys and $ also welcome, it will all go to the kids and their families that need it at Martinez Elementary here in Colorado Springs. I know the world is falling apart with Sandy and Gaza and Syria, but all I can do is try to help out the little corner that I happen to be living in right now.

PM me if you've got any questions, or e-mail georgeh.white@yahoo.com.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're a proper nice bloke George!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Tom ... right back atcha :-)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And ex husbands
    Hallelujah (I tried marriage three times, didn't work once - conclusion, I should stick to rats and clowns cos I absolutely suck at marriage)
    We all float down here!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's excellent George. Really good stuff.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Edit: Someone asked me if PayPal was okay, it is absolutely ... just tell me how you'd like me to use it. Cash to the family (working through the school social worker), gift card for a store, buy clothes to give directly to the kids, toys for the holidays ... whatever you'd like I'll be happy to do it. Thanks very much for the inquiries so far; I know its been said before, but this site really is awesome ... the people here are like family, fantastic! (even with some of the crazy Uncles!)
    Hey, that's just great of you and your family George. I support a family in Uganda through Child Fund. So I know what you mean about doing what you can when you can. They now have two Cows and two goats plus mosquito nets and tools. Not to mention food on the table. And wouldn't you know it? They are now Yankee fans!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At the risk of getting Bomber the Attack dog tracking me, I'd like to open this up for discussion. We, as a group, donated over $11,000 to Haven fund, plus miscellaneous donations over the year (think Matt, George, etc.). I like and will sponsor starving and uninsured artists and writers as well as the next person but as George has said, there are TONS of people that can use help. I'd propose using a portion of the Haven Auctions for other charities. (Suppose we couldn't call it a "Haven Fundraiser" then?) I'd assume everyone has their own favorite charity but it doesn't seem practical to donate to 20 or 30 different places. What would be the possibility of choosing 2 or 3 organizations and splitting up the amount received from Auctions between them. However you wanted to handle it, 50% to Haven 25% to two others... whatever) Obviously, if Jerome didn't want to go through the extra work involved (of which there would be some) someone would need to assist in the disbursement or collection. (Maybe the Whore's Pimp?) My personal preference would be something other than the huge organizations like Red Cross or United Way (never can tell where your money is going to be used.) Something relatively local like Georges efforts, or like what David at Betts is doing would be my personal preference.

As I say, it's just a thought (and, I know it's chicken shit, but NO I'm not necessarily volunteering although I would donate & bid more).
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's an organization in the Cleveland area that's called "Coats for Kids" that I've contributed to. They do an excellent job. I don't know if it's a local thing or nationwide, though.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post

At the risk of getting Bomber the Attack dog tracking me, I'd like to open this up for discussion. We, as a group, donated over $11,000 to Haven fund, plus miscellaneous donations over the year (think Matt, George, etc.). I like and will sponsor starving and uninsured artists and writers as well as the next person but as George has said, there are TONS of people that can use help. I'd propose using a portion of the Haven Auctions for other charities. (Suppose we couldn't call it a "Haven Fundraiser" then?) I'd assume everyone has their own favorite charity but it doesn't seem practical to donate to 20 or 30 different places. What would be the possibility of choosing 2 or 3 organizations and splitting up the amount received from Auctions between them. However you wanted to handle it, 50% to Haven 25% to two others... whatever) Obviously, if Jerome didn't want to go through the extra work involved (of which there would be some) someone would need to assist in the disbursement or collection. (Maybe the Whore's Pimp?) My personal preference would be something other than the huge organizations like Red Cross or United Way (never can tell where your money is going to be used.) Something relatively local like Georges efforts, or like what David at Betts is doing would be my personal preference.

As I say, it's just a thought (and, I know it's chicken shit, but NO I'm not necessarily volunteering although I would donate & bid more).
    Personally, I'm in for whatever the site members want to do as a majority. The Artists are in for obvious reasons, but I can see "spreading it around". Of course, that is totally up to Site Management and I guess it would somewhat limit some contributors. However, what do I know? I'm just the "Haven Fund Whore"!!! LOL LOL LOL

Good thought!!

To be fair, I do what I do to keep the memory of my Nephew, my Mom and others I have lost alive. The ultimate charity is, while nice and great, kinda irrelevant IMHO However, I defer to the majority here!! Most charities benefit folks in some way and helping is ultimately what we do, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a quick thanks ... I've got $120 so far going toward winter clothes for the kids at Martinez Elementary, you folks are awesome.

We found out this afternoon that we definitely made the right observation and choice; the family of the girl in my son's class is also on the receiving list for the school's holiday food drive. Since today was the last day before Thanksgiving break, they distributed the food they've been collecting for the past week. When the girl's mom came by, the social worker also gave her the bag of winter clothes. She told us that she cried because she was so happy that her daughter had a coat and wouldn't be cold anymore.

I think this was the best thing we've done all year.

I like Dick's idea provided it doesn't take away from the Haven Foundation, which is the core charity here. Perhaps have a goal of $10K for Haven, with anything above that going towards XXXXXX. You could stay with one long term, or even change it up each year .. have a list for members to choose from/vote on, so that a different charity benefits each year. Maybe even take it a step further, to narrow it down to a local rather than national charity, and say that the charity has to come from the city or state of the previous year's grand prize winner.

Just ideas, but I'm glad we're talking about doing something ... I think that's great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a quick thanks ... I've got $120 so far going toward winter clothes for the kids at Martinez Elementary, you folks are awesome.

We found out this afternoon that we definitely made the right observation and choice; the family of the girl in my son's class is also on the receiving list for the school's holiday food drive. Since today was the last day before Thanksgiving break, they distributed the food they've been collecting for the past week. When the girl's mom came by, the social worker also gave her the bag of winter clothes. She told us that she cried because she was so happy that her daughter had a coat and wouldn't be cold anymore.

I think this was the best thing we've done all year.

I like Dick's idea provided it doesn't take away from the Haven Foundation, which is the core charity here. Perhaps have a goal of $10K for Haven, with anything above that going towards XXXXXX. You could stay with one long term, or even change it up each year .. have a list for members to choose from/vote on, so that a different charity benefits each year. Maybe even take it a step further, to narrow it down to a local rather than national charity, and say that the charity has to come from the city or state of the previous year's grand prize winner.

Just ideas, but I'm glad we're talking about doing something ... I think that's great.
    The "Haven Fund Whore" is all about charity. Thought my catch-phrase name may suffer!! LOL LOL What you are doing for the locals is wonderful, George. Keep up the good work!!!

Money sent!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Haven Fund Whore" is all about charity. Thought my catch-phrase name may suffer!! LOL LOL What you are doing for the locals is wonderful, George. Keep up the good work!!!

Money sent!!
    Thanks Bill!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Money sent!!
    Don't worry, Bill~ you could always be the "Shriner's Shill" or the "Wounded Warrior Wanker"
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 972 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 790 ... LastLast