Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 259 of 972 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 759 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 24294

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My daughter works for the Post Office. I went to send a slipcase to one of our members here and asked her just that question--could it go Media Mail? She responded that Media Mail was for books and printed materials only and if it is just the slipcase, it didn't qualify. She said she could get in trouble if she okayed it. Now that I know this, the next time I ship a slipcase only, I'll also enclose a really cheap book so that it would qualify.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, as long as you throw some printed material that is at least 8 pages long in you're golden. I guess you can't send a 7 page book either technically.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Massive congratulations to Team Great Britain who have just won their 22nd Gold medal of the olympics, who throught that we would have been third!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sir Chris Hoy wins yet another gold. I have met him several times as our company sponsors him.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seem a proper nice chap!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

French magazine AD for Stephen King's IT (1990)

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Massive congratulations to Team Great Britain who have just won their 22nd Gold medal of the olympics, who throught that we would have been third!!!
    Phew, at least you squeaked past Phelps!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I had lunch with the Queen today.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The UK is doing GREAT in the Olympics. And The Netherlands finally entered the Top 10 with the gold medal on the gymnastics high bar!

Gunslinger Apprentice Captain Hollister will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

woohoo go GB

Soooo if the population of China is 1.3 biliion, or something like it and the population of the USA is 300 odd million and the population of GB and NI is what 60-70 million then per capita we must be doing not bad at all, and I say we becouse I know I'm such an inspiration to the GB athletes

Saying that, I'm pretty sure Michaël is the only other person in the Netherlands apart from the athletes so they must be freaking amazing!

Actually, joking aside I just had a look at the medal table and I think the Netherlands have more medals per capita than GB

I just wish they had a most smilies used in a post tournament

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We are with 17 million so I think the UK has a better average

*edit: I'm really hoping both our hockey teams continue their winning streaks. Candidates for gold for sure!

Country
    Country Flag

Scotland is only 5 million, so our average is pretty good as part of the GB team, but I think Jamaica must be tops. Bolt will win 200m and the 4x100m easily.

Country
    Country Flag

He will. And it looks like The Netherlands is on track to win silver behind Bolt in the 200 m sprint!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Scottish athletes have been awesome.

Yeah you just cant look past Bolt unless he does something stupid but Martina has as good a chance as anyone for silver, I've got a feeling its Lemaitre and one of the other Jamaicans for the other two medals though.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I had lunch with the Queen today.
    I love how you make this sound like it's not even a little unusual.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find it funny that the US has it own unique way of counting the medal table, they lost the Beijing Olympics by a country mile to the Chinese who had so many Gold medals, but because the US had a few more medals overall the Americans think they won it.

Back in reality land the IOC and the rest of the world organise the medals tables by how many golds you get. It's quality over quantity, we would rather have 10 golds 0 silver and 0 bronze than 9 golds 9 silver and 9 bronze. So if someone like Russia ends up with more medals than the UK just remember that we came third officially, not fourth in the dodgy NBC table

Who would have thought little UK would be only 8 golds behind the US!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Phelps is a legend true enough, best swimmer ever I think, big fan of his, but best Olympian ever?.

For example is Phelps a better Olympian than Ben Ainslie who has won gold in Atlanta 96, Sydney 00, Athens 04, Beijing 08 and London 12?. Other competitors have one gold opportunity per Olympics in their sport they don't have races for 50m, 75m and a hundred other incremental distances with a variety of different strokes and a ton of relays as well. So sticking a chart up with Phelps sitting at the top with a million golds is a false way of looking at it.

I also don't agree with how they changed the cycling, the IOC wasn't impressed with how the British dominated cycling in Beijing so they went and changed the rules to only let one competitor from each country into the cycling finals. What utter rubbish, the best in the world need to be in the finals, if the best in the world are ten British guys then so be it, it's upto the rest of the world to improve, it's not for the IOC to change the rules to benefit the countries that suck at cycling. Didn't work anyway as we've got 8 cycling golds, that's with a good few stuff up disqualifications and missed opportunities.

It's like denying the world Phelps Vs Lochte or Bolt Vs Blake, utter BS. Imagine the outcry if only one US sprinter was allowed to compete in the final in order to benefit our British crop of ageing drug cheating sprinters who can't qualify on merit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    He will. And it looks like The Netherlands is on track to win silver behind Bolt in the 200 m sprint!
    Really?, with who?. Blake the Beast will snap up silver in the 200m.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Phelps is awesome but I was just reading that he has admited regularly peeing in the pool, the other competitors might have tried a bit harder to stay in front of him if they'd known that! Lol.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's the secret to his winning somehow.

If you rescue me

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My daughter works for the Post Office. I went to send a slipcase to one of our members here and asked her just that question--could it go Media Mail? She responded that Media Mail was for books and printed materials only and if it is just the slipcase, it didn't qualify. She said she could get in trouble if she okayed it. Now that I know this, the next time I ship a slipcase only, I'll also enclose a really cheap book so that it would qualify.

John
    so... that was my question I was going to ask RF this morning, before the random closing/ grand reopening of the thread....

so it really would cost more to ship just a slipcase, than a slipcase and some random book inside it? (see, a random question for the random thread)

if that is the case (pardon the pun) - then, given such logic, I fully understand why the post office is going out of business.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Really?, with who?. Blake the Beast will snap up silver in the 200m.
    Churandy Martina. He finished second in Beijing but lost the medal because he put a foot outside his lane somewhere during the sprint. In London he easily won his heat. In my book that means he's 'on track'. Along with a couple of other guys, yes. I did not deny that.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my fave comics made me laugh this morning.

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Back to Media Mail discussion: I knew they could open the box but never heard of it actually being done.
    Based on below (from RFs post) magazines cannot be shipped media mail since they contain advertisements?

"Only these items may be mailed at the Media Mail prices:
    a. Books, including books issued to supplement other books, of at least eight printed pages, consisting wholly of reading matter or scholarly bibliography, or reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers' own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style. "
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, technically magazines are not allowed, nor is what John mentioned re: mailing a book with an unpermitted item to make it meet the standards. In fact simply including a letter can technically void your qualification for media mail and can result in the package being returned or the recipient paying extra postage and which of these happens is at the post office's discretion. This never (or hardly ever happens though) I'd rather just have to pay the extra shipping on the rare occasion they decide to inspect.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 259 of 972 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 759 ... LastLast