Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 949 of 972 FirstFirst ... 449 849 899 939 947 948 949 950 951 959 ... LastLast
Results 23,701 to 23,725 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Remember, Tuesday is SOYLENT GREEN day:

Up with people!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's people!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tastes like chicken.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Remember, Tuesday is SOYLENT GREEN day:

?????? I have no clue. Whats the 411?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was talking with another long time member and we got to reminiscing about some of the hell we used to raise around here!!! I suppose primarily during the old fundraisers but, also, Halloween, April Fools Day and other crazy stunts. Anyone still around who remembers those days?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Ballsy move!! I gotta say I like it and will keep an eye out for its progress. Of course, it's, California. lol We'll see how it goes.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I’m with you. I like my 5.7L V-8.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think this goal is feasible, and I think having a goal like this will drive the infrastructure development that will make it feasible. Overall, I think it's a good thing.

I think there will be some caveats, though - including what qualifies as a "car". Certainly large trucks used for mass transportation will be exempt. Smaller trucks used for small businesses - landscapers, construction, couriers, etc - may also be exempt, depending on how much pushback there is from those industries.

And electric cars - and end-of-life battery replacement - will need to become much cheaper if everyone will be able to afford one. If not, the demand for used gas-powered cars will climb (as will their price).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My next car will definitely be either a hybrid or electric, depending on what's out there. Gotta get off that gas.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here. I have zero desire to own an electric car. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    I'm not much of a "Car Guy" but,doesn't electric out perform gas. Aren't the 0 to 60 times better? And, Jack good catch on the small business vehicles. That will be interesting. As I said, I'm gonna try and keep a weather eye out on this situation and see how it pans out in the long run.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Same. Although I'm more of a V-Twin guy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I see this phasing out of gas-powered cars to be akin to the phasing out of leaded gas 50 years ago.

Motorheads of the time (among whom I aspired to be counted) preferred leaded gas because of the perceived better performance and higher octane. Nevertheless, leaded gas was outlawed - and for good reasons.

The benefits of outlawing gas-powered cars will only come if the infrastructure can be built to support it, however. More chargers, obviously, but also a power grid based on non-fossil-fuel electricity generation. CA is already better than most states in both areas, but increasing the grid's capacity while moving further into reliable renewable power generation will get more challenging as the state's water dries up.

As I say, hopefully this bill will spur on the infrastructural developments needed to make universal EVs feasible and beneficial. Because we're not there yet.

(And I say all this as a staunch pro-EV Californian).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Dropping this here in case anybody is near next weekend and would like to go.

Mad Monster Expo 2022
    I met Dee Wallace last night. I got one of those movie promo Cujo bookmarks signed and she told me that Cujo was her favorite film of hers. She feels it's her best performance. I told her I would share that with the SK forum I am a member of and now I did. She was a delight.
    I also met two of the actors from Prey. This was their first convention. Dakota Beavers and a pic with the predator, Dane DiLiegro. 6 foot 9, 245 lbs, ex-basketball player. It was interesting to hear how he had to train his neck in order to wear the new predator costume. He was shooting blind most of the time because his head was facing the ground inside the costume because of it's design. I think they had a pretty good time. Their chemistry during the panel was fun. Great guys.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the instant torque offered by electric motors will help convert a lot of industry once range and charging times balance out.
    Several years ago the U.S. Army was already starting to look at converting tanks for that very reason.

Infrastructure is still a challenge for sure though.
    A client of mine makes chargers for vehicles like city buses, and large trucks. The bus stat they currently site is 20 minutes charge time for 100 miles of range.
    Yes it's slower than a gas pump, but those numbers will improve.
    Mark Twain

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mad Monster Expo 2022
    I met Dee Wallace last night. I got one of those movie promo Cujo bookmarks signed and she told me that Cujo was her favorite film of hers. She feels it's her best performance. I told her I would share that with the SK forum I am a member of and now I did. She was a delight.
    I also met two of the actors from Prey. This was their first convention. Dakota Beavers and a pic with the predator, Dane DiLiegro. 6 foot 9, 245 lbs, ex-basketball player. It was interesting to hear how he had to train his neck in order to wear the new predator costume. He was shooting blind most of the time because his head was facing the ground inside the costume because of it's design. I think they had a pretty good time. Their chemistry during the panel was fun. Great guys.
    I met Dee back in 2008, and agree: she's delightful.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I see this phasing out of gas-powered cars to be akin to the phasing out of leaded gas 50 years ago.

Motorheads of the time (among whom I aspired to be counted) preferred leaded gas because of the perceived better performance and higher octane. Nevertheless, leaded gas was outlawed - and for good reasons.

The benefits of outlawing gas-powered cars will only come if the infrastructure can be built to support it, however. More chargers, obviously, but also a power grid based on non-fossil-fuel electricity generation. CA is already better than most states in both areas, but increasing the grid's capacity while moving further into reliable renewable power generation will get more challenging as the state's water dries up.

As I say, hopefully this bill will spur on the infrastructural developments needed to make universal EVs feasible and beneficial. Because we're not there yet.

HBJ
    May be true, Jack but if there is enough money and incentives to be had you'll be amazed how fast they catch up.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Mad Monster Expo 2022
    I met Dee back in 2008, and agree: she's delightful.
    Absolutely. Bright smile and great laugh that lit the place up. I had so much fun talking to her.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

An open letter to the winner:

Dear Mister Mackillrory,
    You have 18 milyin dollars. That's a lotta moola. Could you pleese give sum of it to me. Maybe like 500 thousand pleeze? I'm a realy nice guy. Really, no kiddin!
    Oh yeah, by the way, you should keep your mouth closed on the golf course, a fly or wasp mite git in!
    Your 2nd, or maybe third or forth, biggest fan!
    PS - I'll keep my eyes peeled for the check, thanks!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

HBJ
    May be true, Jack but if there is enough money and incentives to be had you'll be amazed how fast they catch up.

Saw this article last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...e-charge-time/
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going to Paris for a couple days this week then 4 n Rome and 4 in Venice.. really excited
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Please refrain from water skiing on the canals.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Going to Paris for a couple days this week then 4 n Rome and 4 in Venice.. really excited
    Awesome! I’ll be in Paris in November.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

HBJ

Saw this article last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...e-charge-time/
    Okay, crazy bit of speculation but, think maybe the latest talks about the Moon may have something to do with this? Mine for rare Earth materials on the moon? Obviously they're scarce on Earth. Imagine the bounty on the moon. Those materials are integral to extended battery life and capability, no? I know, I'm a nut!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dullness may be a trait, but stupidity is acquired along the way.

Randall Flagg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 949 of 972 FirstFirst ... 449 849 899 939 947 948 949 950 951 959 ... LastLast