Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 972 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 681 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate posting two in a row. Maybe I should focus better and stick my thoughts in a different thread...

Anyhow, I just bought a second edition of Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Sign of Four" (second Sherlock Holmes book, Newnes 1892) for $10. It's not in perfect condition, but my initial perusal of the google suggests that it's worth a lot more than that.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics?

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also threw it up on ebay, probably with an outrageous price, just see if I get any action...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I download the Kindle app. for PC and buy Mile 81, will I have the option to print it out? I'd really like to have a hardcopy, as my eyes don't do well reading on a screen for long.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"The Kindle for PC application doesn't offer the ability to print content, clip text, shop from within the application or search within a book."

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Please click me to donate to Karen's Breast Cancer Walk this year! Comeon peeps! I usually get $500 from y'all...I know I started late, but y'all can make up the slack...click that link and donate donate donate.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    "The Kindle for PC application doesn't offer the ability to print content, clip text, shop from within the application or search within a book."
    Well crap.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

When the big countdown started at 40 days, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Now that it's down to 14 days, I am actually getting excited to find out what it's all about.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    When the big countdown started at 40 days, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Now that it's down to 14 days, I am actually getting excited to find out what it's all about.
    Want a hint?

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, please.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Yes, please.
    Hints start tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LOOOLLLL so funny.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ok its tomorrow - where are the hints?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First hint:

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A new DT.org website?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://darktower.com/ ==> finishes in roughly 9h35min
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was the countdown and project left aside with Universal's giving up?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Was the countdown and project left aside with Universal's giving up?
    Maybe. That sounds like a decent guess though. It is pretty disappointing to finally come to the conclusion of the countdown with no payoff.

Traveler Manco is on a distinguished road Manco's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and thought I'd drop by these parts and check everything out. I heard this place was a must for King collectors and I can see why; Looking through all these threads has opened my eyes to the hobby/life style. As for collecting itself, I am out of my element. My only exposure to collecting any print is in comic books, and it isn't nearly as impressive as anything here. As such, I'm a bit oblivious to some of the basics. I can see from browsing the site that most use extra protective materials on their dust jackets, etc.. My questions are, and I hope this is an acceptable place to ask,:

What type of slips do you all prefer on dust jackets?
    Does the size needed vary by book?
    How do you use tape to secure the plastic slip?
    And is there any advantage to storing the dust jacket separate from the book?

I'm sure I could find the information around the web but everybody here seems like experts so I figured I might kill two birds with one stone. I'm really impressed with this website in general and you all are very well met. I look forward to posting here in the future and am very excited about collecting King.

-Andrew

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and thought I'd drop by these parts and check everything out. I heard this place was a must for King collectors and I can see why; Looking through all these threads has opened my eyes to the hobby/life style. As for collecting itself, I am out of my element. My only exposure to collecting any print is in comic books, and it isn't nearly as impressive as anything here. As such, I'm a bit oblivious to some of the basics. I can see from browsing the site that most use extra protective materials on their dust jackets, etc.. My questions are, and I hope this is an acceptable place to ask,:

What type of slips do you all prefer on dust jackets? I like "Brodart" protectors as do many here

Does the size needed vary by book? Sometimes, but generally no they fit the standard size

How do you use tape to secure the plastic slip? Never!!! You don't want tape anywhere near the book itself, but you can use it to "tighen up" a protective bag.

And is there any advantage to storing the dust jacket separate from the book? I suppose you could do this, but I think many will agree that once you've given it a Brodart cover you're in pretty good shape.

I'm sure I could find the information around the web but everybody here seems like experts so I figured I might kill two birds with one stone. I'm really impressed with this website in general and you all are very well met. I look forward to posting here in the future and am very excited about collecting King.

-Andrew
    Welcome to the site Andrew!!!! Post often!!! Glad to have ya!!!! Answers, IMHO, above in "Bold".

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Manco is on a distinguished road Manco's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Awesome

I actually just bought my first set of King hardcovers, DTI-VII. They aren't anything special yet but I figured baby steps

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I like "Brodart" protectors as do many here
    Do you have any recommendations on where to buy them?

Thanks for all the help Merlin.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome

I actually just bought my first set of King hardcovers, DTI-VII. They aren't anything special yet but I figured baby steps

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I like "Brodart" protectors as do many here

Do you have any recommendations on where to buy them?

Thanks for all the help Merlin.

You're more than welcome!!!

https://www.shopbrodart.com/account/

If I remember correctly (I have "order history" to help out) it's generall a 9x6 size you want, but measure twice, cut once!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What Merlin said!

And welcome to the site. Don't worry about feeling "out of your element"! We all started slowly. Just beware--the collecting bug can bite, and bite HARD!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

-Andrew

We have a thread discussing DJ's. Check it out:
    HOW TO: Protective Covers For Your Books

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

-Andrew
    Andrew,

Like Merlin suggested, I also use Brodart covers. These are ones I normally buy - http://www.shopbrodart.com/Book-Jack...-Covers/?q=III

I usually buy the 10" H by 23" W (#20 592 003). This usually covers most of the normal size books out there. If the book is shorter, then you fold the protector down a little, and if the length is shorter, you can trim it to size. You will not need tape to secure the dust jacket to the protector. It will be between the clear front and the paper back, so it will be just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 972 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 681 ... LastLast