Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 972 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 673 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Happy birthday Darrell Abbott!!

http://youtu.be/_XI1DD_vJuY

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. I was semi-joking about the soulmate part, simply because we barely just met, although she IS pretty damn awesome, lol.

I tend to go through women fairly fast ... I am very efficient in starting up conversations with them, in both real life and by doing the online thing. But I am so freakin' picky, it's ridiculous. Not that I need a model or a brain surgeon or anything like that, but I need/want someone genuinely GOOD. It's hard to describe ... Attractive, honest, loyal, interesting ... That's basically it. Yet ... every woman I've started conversations with over the past couple years or so has disappointed me in one of those areas. Out of all the women I talk to, I meet very little. And out of the women I meet, I see again/date/sleep with very little.

With that being said, my new girl (I introduced her to my friends as my next ex-girlfriend, lol -- she laughed her ass off, so it's all good), Amber, I can't wait to see her tonight for our first official date! Movies (30 Minutes Or Less), dinner at Firefly (www.FireflyLV.com check it out, it's my favorite restaurant in Vegas), and then maybe drinks after. Excited excited!

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got asked by someone doing research for the army if I had any suggestions for research in regards of landmine detection. Kinda caught me off guard with that one...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Just got asked by someone doing research for the army if I had any suggestions for research in regards of landmine detection. Kinda caught me off guard with that one...

Those guys in the last "Rambo" movie had a process!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Well, this may sound strange but one of my former colleagues at the university where I did my PhD has worked on a similar project - using parasitic wasps! These are small insects that lay their eggs in other insects (for example in the caterpillars of butterflies). They use plant odors to locate their hosts and they can be classically conditioned ('Pavlov') to learn and recognize other odors as well. The idea was that they could be conditioned to show a specific bahavioral pattern when they smell the explosive (e.g. TNT). This may sound far-fetched but these insects actually have a very keen sense of smell. So you would need to train them, keep them in some sort of small box with a little camera and attach this to a rod or whatever (I'm just thinking out loud here) and use that as a detection system.

I don't think he ever got funding to continue his research in this topic but it is a very interesting idea.

So if you want to get this guy's email address, just PM me.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You want the capabilty of accurate detection from a safe distance without possibility of harm to human operators, so one option would be Hovering Ground Penetrating Radar. Platform would be on a remote controlled "helo" (for lack of a better term) which is actually a platform (round, square, doesn't matter) with multiple engines/props which you can fly (already made and in use, I've seen them in toy form ... four engines in the corners and you can fly it around a room, hover where desired with good control). Supersize one to mount a small GPR unit; would allow for below ground radar penetration to the depth neccesary for landmind detection without direct ground contact; could be flown by personnel walking or driving from a safe distance. You would also get a readout of mass, depth, exact GPS coordinates, etc.

Hell, if you really wanted to go on the cheap, just mount a good mag detector on the same platform. You'd only need to attach a transmitter to send the data to a receiver, but same deal, precise sweeping/hovering/detection capabilities over a target area from a distance. Limitations for either would be weather, personnel experience, and opposition fire ... the same limitations you have with a human sweeper, only without possibility of loss of life.

I have the design in my head, if you're interested ... really pretty simple, and would be effective. Make sure I get credit when this one gets accepted!

George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

use cats.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

use cats.
    Not enough weight to set off a pressure mine, and you'd have to clad them in little iron cat suits to get them to set off the electromagnetic ones ... you'd need strong cats.

Good idea though.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will email the guy tonight to see what direction he is trying to go with the research.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I don't know if I missed any discussion in a different thread, but does anyone (other than RF) have any clues as to what the "Big Announcement" listed on the forum homepage is?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No hints.....

Jerome is TEASING us. Whatever it is, I'm buying it......

AKC

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, I added ~18 new smilies.
    Great.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So, I don't know if I missed any discussion in a different thread, but does anyone (other than RF) have any clues as to what the "Big Announcement" listed on the forum homepage is?
    I have no idea. I'm trying to ignore it!!! He's such a tease!!! 40+ plus days for God's Sake!!! LOL

Seriously though, maybe he locked down The 2012 Fundraiser Grand Prize?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, congratulations on the new job and placing in the top ten in the tournament!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, I added ~18 new smilies.
    Great.
    Think you'll get a lot of use out of these, do you Bob?? HA!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, as a hobby recently I have been preparing a book for publication through CreateSpace (a self-publishing/print-on-demand deal). The editing, proofing, and designing process has been kind of fun. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was interested in "liking" my book's page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ann...75058962510638). You might learn a little of the thought process behind POD publishing, but really my goal right now is to get up to 25 "likes" so that I can get a shorter facebook URL that I can add to the book. Thanks.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I liked it. Good luck!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    So, as a hobby recently I have been preparing a book for publication through CreateSpace (a self-publishing/print-on-demand deal). The editing, proofing, and designing process has been kind of fun. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was interested in "liking" my book's page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ann...75058962510638). You might learn a little of the thought process behind POD publishing, but really my goal right now is to get up to 25 "likes" so that I can get a shorter facebook URL that I can add to the book. Thanks.
    I don't have a FB but I will get my wife to "like" this for me. Best of luck with the book as it looks pretty cool.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Like complied with.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Post #700!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RFID thefts : http://www.idstronghold.com/
    What about the iPhone5 in the pocket?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Let's see...
    Being salaried sucks. I want OT.
    I want to fish for a living.
    I "liked" the Facebook book thing.
    I hate iphones.

Good morning, everyone!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good morning? It's just gone 4pm!

And don't give me that "different timezone" excuse! I've heard it a hundred times before!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Blah blah blah. I always assumed you lived in the future. Eff that time zone crap.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Good morning? It's just gone 4pm!

And don't give me that "different timezone" excuse! I've heard it a hundred times before!
    Wait...so this whole "2 pm your time, 8 pm my time" stuff was all a horrible ruse? I hate you, you know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 972 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 673 ... LastLast