Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 376 of 972 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 476 876 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Rich folks smoke dokes
    ...rich people don't do crack...-Whitney Houston

Well apparently in Bachman's 1984esque future, they do (though when I was reading it, I thought he was referring to good ole Mary Jane).

Glad to hear it, TN.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear the update, TN!

Rachel, I still think the kiln project is cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like we will be relocating to slightly East of Pensacola, Florida. We found a very nice job in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and have accepted the position.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's great news, Tim! When are you guys moving stateside again?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Soon. LOL. We will be leaving Germany on September 19. My biggest regret is just missing out on Octoberfest and not being able to visit The Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Glad to hear the update, TN!

Rachel, I still think the kiln project is cool.
    It has to happen one way or the other Patrick, I've got to get a gallery exhibition together of my personal works and a lot of it will be kiln fired ceramic sculptures and wheel thrown pottery. Paying to use someone elses kiln is just too costly and uneconomical and I can't just keep doing King stuff. I never planned on making a business and a living from King and I have a whole load of plans but it comes down to having the funds to do it all. I'll get there!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

"The clothing and skulls are simply amazing."

"Monumental"

"Irresistible to any Dark Tower fan!"

Michael Whelan

Just a few snippets from our communications

Me, stunned and feeling on top of the world right now!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post

"Monumental"

Michael Whelan

That's great Rachel. Congratulations!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! High praise from one of the world's leading fantasy artists. You should feel on top of the world. Congratulations, Rachel!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Rachel!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post

"Monumental"

Michael Whelan

Congrats Rachel..........can't wait to see the sculpture.......

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Soon. LOL. We will be leaving Germany on September 19. My biggest regret is just missing out on Octoberfest and not being able to visit The Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I hope to have a home in FL someday, congratulations. I know it's nowhere near the same as Octoberfest in German, but it's ironic you mention it because I started job training for my second job at a craft brewery place (with a small to medium food menu), and now I am excited for Octoberfest after my first day of training today. Best of luck in FL.

And Rachel: if that is in regards to the DT Keep Calm T-shirt designs I saw on FB earlier, I 100% agree. In any case, congrats!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Applied to a very interesting job offer in Canada (exactly my profile, i believe that i have a VERY interesting profile for numerous reasons), on the 14th of july. I didnt hear back from it at the time.
    A month later (so 2 weeks ago), i didnt hear back, so i send them an email. Still no news.
    I now consider calling them to see.

Do you think that it would be considered as "nagging"?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

nope
    not nagging
    being "proactive"!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Rachel: if that is in regards to the DT Keep Calm T-shirt designs I saw on FB earlier, I 100% agree. In any case, congrats!
    Nope, it's the Crimson King sculpture!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Applied to a very interesting job offer in Canada (exactly my profile, i believe that i have a VERY interesting profile for numerous reasons), on the 14th of july. I didnt hear back from it at the time.
    A month later (so 2 weeks ago), i didnt hear back, so i send them an email. Still no news.

I agree with Mike--it's not nagging after more than a month. It's possible your application got misplaced, etc.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

At this point the worst thing that could happen is that they do not hire you. Make the call.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice.
    Actually, (i dont know why i didnt do it before as it usually in my habits?), i've seen the position of who the person would be referring to, and i found him on linkedin. I know how the emails are formatted, so i'll send this manager an email first... and if still no reply, i'll call... let's say next tuesday.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Email sent. I dont seem to be getting right away my email back (saying the address doesnt exist), nor an automatic "out of office" message.
    Of course, since i mentionned that, i'll get such an email within the next 5 minutes.

Wait and see.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    nope
    not nagging
    being "proactive"!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I agree with Mike--it's not nagging after more than a month. It's possible your application got misplaced, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    At this point the worst thing that could happen is that they do not hire you. Make the call.
    Yes to the above.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I always feel polite follow-up can be a good thing. It shows interest and desire and that the person has some assertive nature.

I can say from experience employers hire people for various reasons.
    I ran into a person today whom I had hired 15 years ago at the place she is still employed.
    She reminded me of how she came to work there. She had called to complain about the service she was getting at a particular office.
    She went on and on politely explaining her issue and I politely sat and listened until a point where I asked if she would like to come to my office and talk.
    She asked what more would we talk about. I told her about interviewing for a job. "What job?" she inquired. "The position you are complaining about", was my response.
    She interviewed the next Monday and has been with that paper since.

Employers can be straight up or fickle. I hired people for all sorts of reasons.
    I hired one girl because she was from Bangor Maine, went to school with Owen King, trick or treated at the Kings home and worked at the airport during filming of Langoliers.
    I hired one person because she had the same name as my Manager (not related) and I thought that would be fun.
    I hired another because she had the same name as a girl I grew up with.
    All these people had talent and did a good job however deciding factors when hiring vary and may be as simple as a good follow-up phone call or email.

Good luck to you as it may come down to that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I always feel polite follow-up can be a good thing. It shows interest and desire and that the person has some assertive nature.

I can say from experience employers hire people for various reasons.
    I ran into a person today whom I had hired 15 years ago at the place she is still employed.
    She reminded me of how she came to work there. She had called to complain about the service she was getting at a particular office.
    She went on and on politely explaining her issue and I politely sat and listened until a point where I asked if she would like to come to my office and talk.
    She asked what more would we talk about. I told her about interviewing for a job. "What job?" she inquired. "The position you are complaining about", was my response.
    She interviewed the next Monday and has been with that paper since.

Employers can be straight up or fickle. I hired people for all sorts of reasons.
    I hired one girl because she was from Bangor Maine, went to school with Owen King, trick or treated at the Kings home and worked at the airport during filming of Langoliers.
    I hired one person because she had the same name as my Manager (not related) and I thought that would be fun.
    I hired another because she had the same name as a girl I grew up with.
    All these people had talent and did a good job however deciding factors when hiring vary and may be as simple as a good follow-up phone call or email.

Good luck to you as it may come down to that.
    You are an enigma, wrapped in a mystery, James!! LOL LOL

Good advice though!!! I just hired my secretary because she had big tits!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Good advice though!!! I just hired my secretary because she had big tits!!! LOL LOL
    And you fired her because your wife found out??
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    And you fired her because your wife found out??
    Well, she never did. Susan did not come to the office for whatever reason. However, though I "look", my wife is my "all". I am a fiercely devoted husband!!! She's my light!! Corny, maybe, but the truth.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 376 of 972 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 476 876 ... LastLast