Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 972 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 865 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    A person could go to sleep and not wake up in the morning because a cow fell through the roof. No one would have thought such, but shit happens.
    or frogs with sharp teeth... "Rainy Season"
    there you go!

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Depends on your definition of close, and the weapon. I've hit what I was aiming for at 1100 meters with a single shot, and that was without a scope. Even with small caliber weapons you don't need to be close, just a good shot.
    We are talking about an average guy with a handgun. Not a highly trained sniper with a rifle. Besides that, he lost sight of him at one point which is why he got out of the car. I'm not a gun expert but I'd guess that it's difficult to shoot something you can't see.

A person could go to sleep and not wake up in the morning because a cow fell through the roof. No one would have thought such, but shit happens.
    We can come up with ridiculous strawmen arguments all day long. I may be making assumptions but at least they are reasonable. We know that Trayvon was on his way home. My assumption is that had Zimmerman not interfered, he would have continued on that path and nobody would have been shot. That's a completely plausible scenario and I can't see why anyone would disagree with it.

My main point is still this:

I agree that the choices they both made lead to the confrontation. But IMO, it all started with GZ following TM both by vehicle and on foot. That was the first domino that started the chain reaction of events.
    Take out that first domino and the rest never fall.
    ANother person may say that if Trayvon didnt attack zimmerman then there would have been no reason for zimmerman to stand his ground. I'm only saying that we dont have the whole picture, and therefore people are making assumptions..thats all im saying.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

ANother person may say that if Trayvon didnt attack zimmerman then there would have been no reason for zimmerman to stand his ground. I'm only saying that we dont have the whole picture, and therefore people are making assumptions..thats all im saying.
    I think that's what the jurors ultimately decided. Zimmerman was in fear for his life and decided to use deadly force. My problem is that he played a big part in putting himself in that situation. Sadly the way the laws are written, it not technically illegal to do so.

You are allowed to defend yourself. Even if it's possible that the other person believed they were defending themselves from you.

I've read that GZ was shocked when the police brought up the fact that TM probably saw him as a threat. It never even crossed his mind.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's what the jurors ultimately decided. Zimmerman was in fear for his life and decided to use deadly force. My problem is that he played a big part in putting himself in that situation. Sadly the way the laws are written, it not technically illegal to do so.

You are allowed to defend yourself. Even if it's possible that the other person believed they were defending themselves from you.

I've read that GZ was shocked when the police brought up the fact that TM probably saw him as a threat. It never even crossed his mind.
    I agree.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

21h22.
    I can finally go on holidays.... fucking hell, what a crap day!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Finally heard back from my friend in Hungary. She chastised me for not Facebooking (sigh). But at least she sounds good!:

"im great.. Go on face book!!! I put pictures and stuff on there.
    I have nothing to tell. I dont get the scans for 3 weeks. I just eat sleep walk soak in the tub buy food cut it..sort my vitamins out and its a full time job! Not kidding"

Edit: And speaking of cancer etc. almost two full days of no smoking and the household remains (somewhat) calm and all are still alive and well. Could be Im taking all my aggressions out on Stevo and Brother Hump, or could be the patch actually does work...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Finally heard back from my friend in Hungary. She chastised me for not Facebooking (sigh). But at least she sounds good!:

"im great.. Go on face book!!! I put pictures and stuff on there.
    I have nothing to tell. I dont get the scans for 3 weeks. I just eat sleep walk soak in the tub buy food cut it..sort my vitamins out and its a full time job! Not kidding"

Edit: And speaking of cancer etc. almost two full days of no smoking and the household remains (somewhat) calm and all are still alive and well. Could be Im taking all my aggressions out on Stevo and Brother Hump, or could be the patch actually does work...

I made ONE post on facebook (never had before) looking for an old high school buddy and received at least 15 emails from facebook wanting me to post more. This went on for around 2 weeks. I know, it's the 'normal' thing to do now-a-days but it's just not for me.......

Congrats on the smoking TN - if the patch doesn't work, don't give up. I quit after 45 years of smoking by using an electronic cigarette - haven't had a real one in 3 years and haven't used the electronic one in 2 years.

"Luck" and good wishes to your friend....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    I made ONE post on facebook (never had before) looking for an old high school buddy and received at least 15 emails from facebook wanting me to post more. This went on for around 2 weeks. I know, it's the 'normal' thing to do now-a-days but it's just not for me.......

Congrats on the smoking TN - if the patch doesn't work, don't give up. I quit after 45 years of smoking by using an electronic cigarette - haven't had a real one in 3 years and haven't used the electronic one in 2 years.
    Oh I never even bothered signing up for facebook. No one from my school days I care to look up thank you very much LOL
    Very encouraging you quit after 45 years of smoking, Dolso. Wow.
    Im committed to it this time.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news on both your friend and your continuing down the non-smoking path of righteousness Nadine - happy for you on both counts
    We all float down here!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad your friend is doing well, and happy the patch has been going well!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I need a patch for sodas! Cant stand diet soda. Congrats on kicking a major habit's azz so far!!!

My Mood
    Twisted

Day three. So far so good. Tho I have to admit my wine intake as tripled...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having a smoke right now, TN. Just so you don't have to!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know where to post this so this seems like as good a place as any. If any of you received a copy of Glimpses by Rick Hautala from Dark Regions Press and it arrived damaged due to insufficient packaging, they are willing to make it right by providing a replacement copy. I imagine they're will to do this with any limited edition they sent out poorly packaged, just send an email and let them know. I contacted them when my copy arrived in a bubble mailer and banged up and this is the response that I received:

I believe there's a couple other people here that may want to take advantage of this offer from Dark Regions. So if you got a copy of Glimpses that was insufficiently packaged, here's how you can get a replacement copy:

If you would please include a note indicating the situation to remind our shipper, that would be very helpful.
    Go ahead and send it to our new office address in Portland, which is:

Dark Regions Press, LLC
    6635 N. BALTIMORE AVE., SUITE #241
    PORTLAND, OREGON 97203

Please tell any other collectors you know that have received dinged copies to do the same thing, if you would.
    Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Just make sure you have a tracking number for the return so you can let them know when it's arrived. I didn't hear back from them about my return until I provided the delivery information. They said that they have a new packaging method so these issues shouldn't be a problem in the future.
    Last edited by subie09lega; 07-18-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Fix typo

Country
    Country Flag

Keeps the heart healthy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I quit smoking soon after my daughter was born. She is now 31y/o. No patches in those days; strictly cold turkey. Hardest thing I have ever done. But I really wanted to do it. Today I think it is the single best thing I have ever done for myself and family. I am thankful every day that I don't smoke. It is worth every thing that you have to go through. Hang in there. You will see what I mean in just a few more days.

I, too, noticed my alcohol consumption increased in the first few weeks of not smoking. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just worry about not smoking right now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I quit smoking soon after my daughter was born. She is now 31y/o. No patches in those days; strictly cold turkey. Hardest thing I have ever done. But I really wanted to do it. Today I think it is the single best thing I have ever done for myself and family. I am thankful every day that I don't smoke. It is worth every thing that you have to go through. Hang in there. You will see what I mean in just a few more days.

I, too, noticed my alcohol consumption increased in the first few weeks of not smoking. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just worry about not smoking right now.
    Well said, Bob!!

The definitive movie (so far) on smoking...

A true Classic!! Stay with it for the really "Hard core" smokers!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Wild Bill - The word "support" apparently seems to have an entirely different connotation over here than it does in your neck of the woods mate !!!!

Do a forum sister a favour and pulls your horns in !!!!

Wine certainly helps Nadine, a decent Sonoma red I hear
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post

Wild Bill - The word "support" apparently seems to have an entirely different connotation over here than it does in your neck of the woods mate !!!!

No one appreciates a "Martyr" until after the fact!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post

No one appreciates a "Martyr" until after the fact!!! LOL
    You still have time to repent before judgement is nigh - martyrdom is highly overrated mate - just ask Joan of Arc
    We all float down here!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So proud you are doing well with not smoking so far... I know I should quit but hey, I also have a pretty good idea what I am going to die from.

I am so proud of you for doing it!!!

Glad to hear your friend is doing well. How is your sister doing?
    Christine

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great advice. I drank more beer and certainly consumed more caffeine during the first month. The caffeine thing continues but I am now cutting that back as well. I felt so much better once I leaned on the nic gum and mints more. I tried to heavily limit those at first with the mind set that I didn't want to be addicated to those as well. I got over that fear, started using those products correctly, and felt much better for doing so. It was much easier to stop using the nicorete products than the tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Day trip to Strasbourg, France tomorrow. Plan on walking around Grande Ile, Cathedral of Notre Dame, und the Musee Alsacien. If anyone is familiar with the town is there something that is an absolute must see?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Was the board down for a while this afternoon? I couldn't get on.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so. I wasn't able to access the site for a few hours today.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Was the board down for a while this afternoon? I couldn't get on.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 972 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 865 ... LastLast