Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 972 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast
Results 14,976 to 15,000 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Survival of the species is everybody's business.
    Are we endangered?
    Everyday, my friend; everyday.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Are we endangered?
    Individually, yes. As a species? I don't think so.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we endangered?
    Well, Al Gore might disagree with you and of course you never know when a "Zombie Apocalypse" is going to ruin your day!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are we endangered?
    Yep. Exactly the way I was looking at it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, would you look at that? I managed to spark a little thoughtful discussion with a phrase from an old "Cheech & Chong" comedy album!!! lol Plus, I didn't piss anyone off. At least so far. lol

"Remember, no matter how much you may dislike pickles, it is after all the only thing you can do with cucumbers"!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Some prayers or positive thoughts would be great......Went to the doc a couple weeks ago and my HIV virus level had spiked for the first time in over seven years, leaving me no longer on the "HIV undetectable" level. Very scary shit considering the last time my virus level was this high was when I was given half a year to live. In the past couple months I've been dealing with infections, flus, colds, ear aches, sore throats, you name it...Going in early next week for new blood tests to find out if I've somewhat leveled out since last time and then decide if my meds are working or what the next course is. Also being tested (by another doc) if I am indeed now dealing with neuropathy in my legs which sucks hard core, but would be nice to know why I'm dealing with major nerve pain in my legs. Ugh...if it's not one damn thing, it's another! Thank you all for giving me entertainment during the day and for helping me keep my mind off things!
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very sorry to hear this Jonathan. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

In our prayers Jonathan.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jonathan, I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope you hear some positive news from the professionals, and you keep strong.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am certain you will get better jon
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep fighting the good fight Jonathan!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hang in there, Jonathan.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck to you and hoping for some positive results.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that Jonathan. Thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep your head up man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    I really dislike Progresso soup
    Excellent post! Very random. I also don't like Progresso. However Campbell's "Slow Kettle Style" soups are really good IMO. I especially like the Tomato & Sweet Basil Bisque.
    Agreed on the Campbells. They really know their soups
    Only someone familiar with the Scandinavian dish of Lutefisk can appreciate how truly horrible this would be....

Lutefisk is a cod dried with lye, then reconstituted by boiling in salt water. If you're brought up on it, it's a traditional meal around the holidays ... if you 'marry' into a family that has it, you may not want to go to Christmas dinner. The smell is sometimes enough to drive the neighbors away! I love it! My wife and kids won't ouch it!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hang in there, Jonathan!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Excellent post! Very random. I also don't like Progresso. However Campbell's "Slow Kettle Style" soups are really good IMO. I especially like the Tomato & Sweet Basil Bisque.
    Agreed on the Campbells. They really know their soups
    Only someone familiar with the Scandinavian dish of Lutefisk can appreciate how truly horrible this would be....

Lutefisk is a cod dried with lye, then reconstituted by boiling in salt water. If you're brought up on it, it's a traditional meal around the holidays ... if you 'marry' into a family that has it, you may not want to go to Christmas dinner. The smell is sometimes enough to drive the neighbors away! I love it! My wife and kids won't ouch it!
    Haha i only know of it from watching "King of the Hill" and Bobby cant stop eating it. I think thatd be a soup Id stay away from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I bought a can of that stuff one time. Couldn't finish it. I didn't realize it was possible to make soup that tasted that bad. I always thought soup was like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Seriously, how do you mess up a staple like chicken noodle soup so badly?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The sync is pretty good! It made me smile, how about you?

http://www.luckytv.nl/time-of-my-life/

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Well, here's the thing, as I mentioned in the earlier posts, it's not really the author's fault.

We talked, he wanted $300, I gave him $1,000, for various reasons. He submitted the story, it was great, the company closed, and I told him that we're good, it's my fault. So, that should have been that.

But, then I got to thinking, I'm out $1,000 with nothing to show for it, so I asked him (very petty and unprofessionally in my opinion, but fuck it, at this point I'm not a publishing company, I'm just a guy) if he would be ok with sending me some signed books so I can sort out at least a percentage of the imbalance, at least subconsciously. He said sure. And then ... nothing. And then a month later, I sort of poked him with the "Hey, if you haven't sent out the box yet, can I purchase a signed copy of NEW TITLE X from you and have you include it with the other books?" He said he forgot to send them out, and sure he'll include it. A month later, and nothing. I asked him one more time, and the next day he unfriended me.

Like I said, this author really doesn't HAVE to do ANYTHING, but I think it's a little shitty that he doesn't. I mean, I gave the guy over three times his asking price for a story, he later then RESOLD that same story to another anthology/magazine after we called it quits. The least he could do is send me $100 in books. I mean, I would.
    This is old news I know, but this version of the story makes me think you should "out" the reader even more.

It's pretty weak from his end - I would not want to buy a future book by him, whoever he is.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, you bought the story; the rights to publish the story, so publish the story. IMO, going back and asking for stuff from the author was weird-unprofessional, but as you say, you were no longer a professional, and though petty, you wanted something for your perceived over-payment.
    If the author agreed, they should follow through, but this is starting to sound like a case that "Judge Judy" should rule on; but not before she pointed out how both of you were wrong.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

How many times do you think King has sold the film rights for books & stories & then the film never got made? Do you think he has to send the buyer a box of signed books or that he sent the money back because the film was never made?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Shannon, you bought the story; the rights to publish the story, so publish the story. IMO, going back and asking for stuff from the author was weird-unprofessional, but as you say, you were no longer a professional, and though petty, you wanted something for your perceived over-payment.
    If the author agreed, they should follow through, but this is starting to sound like a case that "Judge Judy" should rule on; but not before she pointed out how both of you were wrong.
    I think it was a *little* weird - but not really. We're not talking Enron here - it'a an author and a guy trying to publish a book. Asking for a few free books is hardly a bad request...but yeah, a little weird.

I would publish the story - what's he going to do, sue?

As for the "this is starting to sound like..." I would remind that I dug this post up from a few weeks back -so it had died out except I revisited it because I like gossip and stirring the pot.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    How many times do you think King has sold the film rights for books & stories & then the film never got made? Do you think he has to send the buyer a box of signed books or that he sent the money back because the film was never made?
    I don't know Shannon's contract with the writer but if he still has the rights and paid for the story, he still can publish it. I'd have recurred to a kickstarter and try to publish it, that's for sure.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 600 of 972 FirstFirst ... 100 500 550 590 598 599 600 601 602 610 650 700 ... LastLast