Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 890 of 972 FirstFirst ... 390 790 840 880 888 889 890 891 892 900 940 ... LastLast
Results 22,226 to 22,250 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I have pickled peppercinoes, a tomato, an onion, olive oil, butter, salt and pepper, what sort of cheese would go best with this for making an omelet? I have extra sharp white, extra sharp yellow, aged reserved (cracker barrel), feta (flavored with basil and tomato) and havarti....any ideas?
    Well it wound up being more of a scramble really, my omelet skills are hit and miss but it was delicious. I used all the cheeses in the end except the Havarti. It's so mild I think the others would have over-powered it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if this deserves its own thread, but here's something to ponder. What if any affect do you think the pandemic will have on literary production? Will author use the extra dedicated time with their typewriters to produce more books, less books or no affect at all?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I have pickled peppercinoes, a tomato, an onion, olive oil, butter, salt and pepper, what sort of cheese would go best with this for making an omelet? I have extra sharp white, extra sharp yellow, aged reserved (cracker barrel), feta (flavored with basil and tomato) and havarti....any ideas?
    Well it wound up being more of a scramble really, my omelet skills are hit and miss but it was delicious. I used all the cheeses in the end except the Havarti. It's so mild I think the others would have over-powered it.
    Aged havarti is damned good

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even before I saw the cheeses you have on hand, my first thought was feta. Extra sharp sounds good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What if any affect do you think the pandemic will have on literary production? Will author use the extra dedicated time with their typewriters to produce more books, less books or no affect at all?
    As someone with a novel coming out in the fall, I can attest that publication in general has slowed a bit...unless you're a big name like King, Grisham, or Patterson. A lot of publishers (mine included) are holding off publishing authors' debuts until we can actually have events, signings, and a whole lot more publicity than would currently be doable due to COVID. It's hard having to wait longer, but I'd rather wait and have more sales in the fall rather than publish now and have it just be a blip on the radar.

On the writing side, a lot of writers and friends I know in the writing community are spending lots more time writing since everyone's been home more, myself included. Finished my final draft of a new book and started a new one. COVID and 2020 has sucked in many ways, but the blessing in disguise is that it's allowed me a lot more time to be creative.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Even before I saw the cheeses you have on hand, my first thought was feta. Extra sharp sounds good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What if any affect do you think the pandemic will have on literary production? Will author use the extra dedicated time with their typewriters to produce more books, less books or no affect at all?
    As someone with a novel coming out in the fall, I can attest that publication in general has slowed a bit...unless you're a big name like King, Grisham, or Patterson. A lot of publishers (mine included) are holding off publishing authors' debuts until we can actually have events, signings, and a whole lot more publicity than would currently be doable due to COVID. It's hard having to wait longer, but I'd rather wait and have more sales in the fall rather than publish now and have it just be a blip on the radar.

On the writing side, a lot of writers and friends I know in the writing community are spending lots more time writing since everyone's been home more, myself included. Finished my final draft of a new book and started a new one. COVID and 2020 has sucked in many ways, but the blessing in disguise is that it's allowed me a lot more time to be creative.
    It's good to hear there was some thing positive for you this awful year.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Well my mother was taken to the ER this morning with severe chest pains and I have not heard anything for about 6 hours now. Any tips on how not to go crazy worrying about someone you love?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well my mother was taken to the ER this morning with severe chest pains and I have not heard anything for about 6 hours now. Any tips on how not to go crazy worrying about someone you love?
    Only to know that she's in the place she needs to be for the best possible care from the people who know what they're doing; you can't ask for much more than that. Fingers crossed.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Thank you.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Any tips on how not to go crazy worrying about someone you love?
    You would have to stop being human, which I don’t recommend.

Best of luck.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy, any news on your mom yet?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope your Mom is better Tommy. As for tips for worrying, I have none really. All you can do is tell the people that you love that you love them as often as you can.

Four days from now it will be three years that I went back to Mississippi to surprise my Mother on her 88th birthday. She was incredibly frail and weak and when
    I left to come back home I had a really bad sense that it would be the last time I saw her so I hugged a little bit more and longer than usual and

for the first time ever even had tears in my eyes when I kissed her goodbye. Three days after I got home I got the call that she had died. It gives me
    a great deal of comfort having spent those last days and moments I had with her.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope your mom is better, Tommy. Best wishes from here.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope your mom is well too, Tommy. Hang in there buddy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Thank you everyone for your concerns, means a lot. She is not well. Apparently an undiagnosed UTI has led to problems with other parts of the body causing severe chest pains and excruciating dry heaving episodes. She cannot eat anything without getting sick. They put her on strong antibiotics and nausea pills that don't seem to do much but she's so weak she can't walk without my help.

Now, I am sick, I've been sick for quite a while but it's getting worse. I'm so weak and tired I feel like crying. An ambulance had to come get her because all the doc appts are filled up. She should have been admitted but all the covid patients have the beds right now.

I feel like I should be admitted myself. I managed to get an appt on Jan 6th. Let's see what's left of me by then.

Thank you everyone.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just getting to all this Tommy. Best wishes, buddy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone for your concerns, means a lot. She is not well. Apparently an undiagnosed UTI has led to problems with other parts of the body causing severe chest pains and excruciating dry heaving episodes. She cannot eat anything without getting sick. They put her on strong antibiotics and nausea pills that don't seem to do much but she's so weak she can't walk without my help.

Now, I am sick, I've been sick for quite a while but it's getting worse. I'm so weak and tired I feel like crying. An ambulance had to come get her because all the doc appts are filled up. She should have been admitted but all the covid patients have the beds right now.

I feel like I should be admitted myself. I managed to get an appt on Jan 6th. Let's see what's left of me by then.

Thank you everyone.
    Stay safe, the both of you.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That’s horrible Tommy. Sorry to hear this
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry to hear about all this, Tommy. I don't come into this thread often so I missed your earlier post. My thoughts and warmest feelings are with you and your mom.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to best about all this Tommy.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn Tommy, I'm sorry to hear this. Stay strong and keep fighting, my best to you and your mom.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping for the best for you and your mom Tommy. (((HUGS)))

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My sincere best wishes to you and your Mom, Tommy.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All the best wishes to you and your mom, Tommy. Stay strong.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas to all the good-hearted, generous souls who have helped me this last year, and especially now, with both my collecting and my, for want of a better word, spiritual health at this time. Your kindness and trust has given me something I have not felt in a long time, Christmas Spirit, and without you my world would be much dimmer. It's more than the books and the gifts, it's the downright friendship of people I've never even met that makes me feel so good. I don't have the words to express my appreciation enough.
    And so...may you all have a healthy, happy new year, and find a mint copy of RAGE for 50 cents in the next used bookstore you visit.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas to all the good-hearted, generous souls who have helped me this last year, and especially now, with both my collecting and my, for want of a better word, spiritual health at this time. Your kindness and trust has given me something I have not felt in a long time, Christmas Spirit, and without you my world would be much dimmer. It's more than the books and the gifts, it's the downright friendship of people I've never even met that makes me feel so good. I don't have the words to express my appreciation enough.
    And so...may you all have a healthy, happy new year, and find a mint copy of RAGE for 50 cents in the next used bookstore you visit.
    A very Merry Christmas to you as well, Steve!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 890 of 972 FirstFirst ... 390 790 840 880 888 889 890 891 892 900 940 ... LastLast