Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 972 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 691 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that rumor a lot. I like him as a director, writer, and actor.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    different_seasons ... Send me the links for the caches you tried to find.
    I already looked them up.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/neare...9-496530baf758

One was Drummonds Family Pond, almost there, thats creepy and see dear.

I'm trying again today at some different spots.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by scstandpipe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Just heard a rumor that Ben Affleck( gone baby gone, THE TOWN) is directing THE STAND.
    Watched THE TOWN last week for the first time and really enjoyed it. Dunno what kind of job he'd do on The Stand, though.
    Affleck's a phenomenal writer IMO & so far I think he's done a very good job at directing, so I imagine he'd do a great job. That being said, it could turn out like some other King movies where the movie itself is very entertaining but doesn't do the book justice.
    I think THE TOWN showed he can direct action...the problem is even in a two movie series (like THE HOBBIT), I'm not sure everything gets adequately covered.

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scstandpipe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Just heard a rumor that Ben Affleck( gone baby gone, THE TOWN) is directing THE STAND.
    Watched THE TOWN last week for the first time and really enjoyed it. Dunno what kind of job he'd do on The Stand, though.
    Affleck's a phenomenal writer IMO & so far I think he's done a very good job at directing, so I imagine he'd do a great job. That being said, it could turn out like some other King movies where the movie itself is very entertaining but doesn't do the book justice.
    I think THE TOWN showed he can direct action...the problem is even in a two movie series (like THE HOBBIT), I'm not sure everything gets adequately covered.
    That's what's probably going to suck about it; I doubt the vast majority of the storyline will have its turn on screen. But, I guess this was expected, regardless of director, for the sake of time.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm not even sure they're talking two movies....I guess I'm just assuming they are.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We always start with the caches closest to us if we're just looking to find them, but if we have time and want to go rock climbing or something, then I find some that are away from us.

The main thing is the GPS coordinates. Whenever you get to the coordinates it says, it's in about a ten square feet radius. Look for anything out of the ordinary, a pile of rocks (with the cache in the middle), look behind signs, look on the top and bottom of things. Most caches are either metal ammo cans or small film containers.

Did you look at the clues for the caches you tried to find? If we go out and can't find it, then we come back and look at all the comments that people left. We went out to find a "drive-through cache" ... looked EVERYWHERE, couldn't find it. Came back, and someone wrote that "I was driving, but my wife was able to grab it from the car without even getting out" so we knew kind of where it was after that. It ended up beind in a light pole, under a part of it that moved, lol. Ridiculous. Great hunt for that one.

Drummond's Family Pond: The clue says its under a rock. And people say they are switching items around (which we sometimes do, so bring a few small little cool items, nothing expensive or anything) one guy said he left a marble and took a bouncy ball, so I'm thinking it's in a metal ammo can.

Almost There: This one is in a blue cooler, it's on the trail (walk, don't drive, it's not that far, they say), it's "easy to find for my four year old", lol

That's Creepy: Close to the road, there are pictures on the page and one looks like it shows where it is (look for"View Gallery" near the top right of the page), HEY I see you left a message AND you found four caches, great! Including the Drummond's Good job! It's a lot more fun when you find them! lol When we don't find it we are super disappointed, but we use that as fuel for the next cache, lol.

See Dear: This one is in a quiet "wildlife watching spot", under the shade, a little bit of water running right now. There are two pics on this one too, but I don't see them as helping because all the snow and trees over there makes everything look the same, lol.

Glad you're getting into it!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
    i've always wanted to go geocaching. One of the .netters told me all about it back in the day. Someone that lived in TX, i remember. Was it Boome, maybe?
    LeftyWriter was a Texan geocacher. Him?

My sister and her family do this a lot and love it.
    IDK, maybe. It was long ago...on a website far far away.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished putting DJ covers on twenty five of my SK books. For all the new collectors out there I highly recommend doing this. I found some very interesting things about my books doing this and it was actually fun...of course as I type this I feel a bit silly saying it was fun.

P.S. I also found out I have a giant security tag on the inside DJ of Liseys Story which I never knew was there. Now I need to read through the threads and see if there is anyway to remove this!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brice! Since this is a hard plastic security deal I think I need to start with the hair dryer technique.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or the suggestions in my first post in the thread.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got the final issue of Antaeus (damn, that's a big magazine... More a book really) and four issues of midnight graffiti. I wonder if the bookseller who advertises the first state 'salem's lot will still sell it to me for $2500. maybe he'll give me a deal if i buy his lettered firestarter listed for $3500 too.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We always start with the caches closest to us if we're just looking to find them, but if we have time and want to go rock climbing or something, then I find some that are away from us.

The main thing is the GPS coordinates. Whenever you get to the coordinates it says, it's in about a ten square feet radius. Look for anything out of the ordinary, a pile of rocks (with the cache in the middle), look behind signs, look on the top and bottom of things. Most caches are either metal ammo cans or small film containers.

Did you look at the clues for the caches you tried to find? If we go out and can't find it, then we come back and look at all the comments that people left. We went out to find a "drive-through cache" ... looked EVERYWHERE, couldn't find it. Came back, and someone wrote that "I was driving, but my wife was able to grab it from the car without even getting out" so we knew kind of where it was after that. It ended up beind in a light pole, under a part of it that moved, lol. Ridiculous. Great hunt for that one.

Drummond's Family Pond: The clue says its under a rock. And people say they are switching items around (which we sometimes do, so bring a few small little cool items, nothing expensive or anything) one guy said he left a marble and took a bouncy ball, so I'm thinking it's in a metal ammo can.

Almost There: This one is in a blue cooler, it's on the trail (walk, don't drive, it's not that far, they say), it's "easy to find for my four year old", lol

That's Creepy: Close to the road, there are pictures on the page and one looks like it shows where it is (look for"View Gallery" near the top right of the page), HEY I see you left a message AND you found four caches, great! Including the Drummond's Good job! It's a lot more fun when you find them! lol When we don't find it we are super disappointed, but we use that as fuel for the next cache, lol.

See Dear: This one is in a quiet "wildlife watching spot", under the shade, a little bit of water running right now. There are two pics on this one too, but I don't see them as helping because all the snow and trees over there makes everything look the same, lol.

Glad you're getting into it!

My kid and I went back out yesterday and found 4/7, including the Drummond pond one. Thanks, for the info, alot of that stuff I didn't know. The lady that maintains the Thats Creepy one messaged me that it was a spider inside the guardrail that had directions to the cache in a nearby hollow tree. It was my first time out and I thought it was going to be easy!

Are you on that website? I'm emphacia.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, where are you seeing these items? lol

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw them in an advertisement in the sk issue of midnight graffiti (rainy season) . I believe you have that.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice: lol got it, I thought you meant the person that sold you the Antaeus and Midnight Graffiti also had those items for sale, lol.

different_seasons: I'm on the site as Ambannon (Amber and Shannon, lol). Geocaching is a lot of fun but there are some hardcore ones. I saw one where the clues were something like "It's in the middle of this lake, dive down 75 feet and go into the underwater cave ..." Insane.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL Shannon, i love you guys, but do you think if i found both of those items for about 6 grand that I'd be telling y'all before buying them? Hell, I'd be on a plane en route to their house immediately.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, I figured as much.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Blehh. I'm waiting for a package from Betts Books and of course it has ended up in customs limbo... it arrived in The Netherlands four days ago but it will probably take another 4 weeks before I'll get it (I'm serious!).
    Update: the package went through customs really quickly! Unfortunately, it was then sent to my old address (I moved to a different city over a year ago). After a failed delivery attempt, it was immediately returned to sender. So it should be somewhere over the ocean right now, flying back to David. I hope it gets back to him in one piece and then it can cross the Atlantic for the third time, hopefully to the right address. Third time's the charm, right?

*For the record, I don't blame David. It's an unfortunate mix-up, sh*t happens.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What a disaster. I suppose as long as it survives undamaged it will all be fine.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know where else to put this, but check out my new additions to my Stephen King Spreadsheet, COVER PHOTOS! I'm pretty excited about this extremely time-consuming new column. The little bit I've done so far looks great. Check it out:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know where else to put this, but check out my new additions to my Stephen King Spreadsheet, COVER PHOTOS! I'm pretty excited about this extremely time-consuming new column. The little bit I've done so far looks great. Check it out:

Congratulations, Shannon!!! You are officially more "anal" than I!!!! Knowing my level of OCD that'sreally saying something!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Looks nice (I also have an OCD-influenced 'database' of my collection). I don't understand the 'order' column though. What is the reasoning behind the entries in that column (i.e., why are the DT books assigned labels like 'Dark Tower Border 1')?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 972 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 691 ... LastLast