Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 972 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 688 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    The little "Promo's" in the bottom of TV shows these days are driving me NUTS!!!!! What the hell!!! Who the heck thought this was a good idea!!!!

You know what I love? Those internet ads that "expand" or animate while your trying to read an article. Those just really piss me off because the whole time I'm trying to read the text moves around until the advertisment is done with whatever it's doing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    The little "Promo's" in the bottom of TV shows these days are driving me NUTS!!!!! What the hell!!! Who the heck thought this was a good idea!!!!

You know what I love? Those internet ads that "expand" or animate while your trying to read an article. Those just really piss me off because the whole time I'm trying to read moves around until the advertisment is done with whatever it's doing.
    I truly feel your pain!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King MARATHON on AMC today! Watching Pet Semetary and then Thinner and Dreamcatcher next!!!!!

AKC

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random Question: is there ONE S/L or signed SK book on ABEBOOKS.com that is competitively priced?

Everything seems way over priced when compared to actual market value as demonstrated by ACTUAL recent sales data from eBay and Betts......

WTF!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching CUJO on TV and he is getting ready to open up a can of "whoop ass" on everybody.....

Bad Ass mutt......

AKC

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    Random Question: is there ONE S/L or signed SK book on ABEBOOKS.com that is competitively priced?

Everything seems way over priced when compared to actual market value as demonstrated by ACTUAL recent sales data from eBay and Betts......

WTF!
    I've found that the sellers on ABE are usually more than willing to deal.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John.

As a side note, I am watching the Shining again (I have no life) and Shelley Duvall is NOT an attractive woman......

She Kinda' adds to the "freakiness" of the Kubrick version.....

AKC

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John.

As a side note, I am watching the Shining again (I have no life) and Shelley Duvall is NOT an attractive woman......

She Kinda' adds to the "freakiness" of the Kubrick version.....

AKC
    For some reason her face scared me more than those twins...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been on TV a few times this week, don't know why. I didn't watch it on purpose (haven't seen it in probably 30 years), because I just finally bought the book to read last week.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody got an extra $65,000 laying around?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRST-EDITIO...6#ht_500wt_922

At least the Shipping is included!

You gotta' be f'n kidding me......

AKC

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm nearing 1,000 posts...will my saying underneath my name change once I exceed this number?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm nearing 1,000 posts...will my saying underneath my name change once I exceed this number?
    Yes. It will change to: Insert "insult" here.

Knobhead
    Big silly girl
    Super Collector
    Dark Tower Junkie

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a horrible wreck at the IndyCar race in Vegas today - always sad to see a driver killed during a race...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Yes. It will change to: Insert "insult" here.

Knobhead
    Big silly girl
    Super Collector
    Dark Tower Junkie
    Thanks. Now that I know there are some options I'm really shooting for Big silly girl! Thanks Mr. RT you are always so very helpful LOL

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AKC
    WOW!!! It's in remarkably good condition for being over 100 years old, but I wonder what's up with that blue mark and what looks like it may be a water stain at the end of the sig?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks to me like it's been rebound.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I thought that as well. I don't have any books this old but I thought it was odd that the endpapers and the lining in the custom traycase are a perfect match.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Double post!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Really? I'm not 2nd guessing you, but I just thought that maybe it got the $65K Book collector treatment!!!!! I mean considering who it was given to I assumed it was as cared for as the Vatican Library!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol @ Dracula in the Vatican Library.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    lol @ Dracula in the Vatican Library.
    That was pretty good, no? If un-intentional!!!! Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vatican invented Dracula as a marketing tool back in the day!!!!! j/k no letters or emails, please!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

AKC
    What do you think would be a fair price for a 1st ed., 1st printing of the book signed by Stoker on the the day of publication?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John
    I thought that as well. I don't have any books this old but I thought it was odd that the endpapers and the lining in the custom traycase are a perfect match.
    Yes, it has been professionally rebound and housed in a matching traycase. The original boards are an unattractive mustard yellow with red lettering.

This is what an original binding looks like:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

AKC
    What do you think would be a fair price for a 1st ed., 1st printing of the book signed by Stoker on the the day of publication?
    I have no point of reference to argue with the price. I do know that true 1/1 of "The Hobbit" and "LOTR" can measure up to that price and I would think Bram Stoker's "Dracula" would loosely fit the bill so I can't say anything for or against the price. I know it would be a "Jewel" in my collection if I had that copy though!!!!

A very interesting discussion. Perhaps, I (we) should all do some research!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

John
    Yes, it has been professionally rebound and housed in a matching traycase. The original boards are an unattractive mustard yellow with red lettering.

This is what an original binding looks like:

It's a gorgeous and highly unique item however doesn't it detract from the book that it has been rebound? I'm just talking however, to me, if I had that kind of scratch I would much rather have this book in the original state and housed in a custom traycase.

Edit: On a side note it looks like there are two for sale on ABE with asking prices of $27,500 and $25,000 unsigned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 972 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 688 ... LastLast