Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 972 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 685 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Been a rough 12 hours. Last night I got sniped on a "Eyes of the Dragon" printer's copy that I really thought was going to be mine for $200, and this morning someone had a S/L Night Visions 5 with a BIN of $100 and I missed it by approx. 3 seconds. I have these paypal bucks burning a hole in my virtual pocket, and I just can't spend them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Been a rough 12 hours. Last night I got sniped on a "Eyes of the Dragon" printer's copy that I really thought was going to be mine for $200, and this morning someone had a S/L Night Visions 5 with a BIN of $100 and I missed it by approx. 3 seconds. I have these paypal bucks burning a hole in my virtual pocket, and I just can't spend them.
    Then get a unique "The Shining" case w/original art!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Shameless plug!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I've been walking 2-3 miles six days a week (for the most part) for the last several months...Well I had been mixing in some light jogging for parts of the walk until tonight. Tonight I decided to run all out for parts of the walk and now I feel like hell. It's been about 1 1/2 hours since I got home from the walk/run and I have a headache and I feel completely sick. Any advice from runners out there? Did I just over do it? WTF it's not like I ran more then 1/2 of a mile total.
    Most likely, your body isn't used to the amount of running you did in this particular trip and was more than it could handle. I've found that you need to build up to it, running a little more each day than the last. That way your body won't be shocked the next time you run a long distance.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I did not take this pic., but this will give you the scope of the wildfires raging around the Austin area.
    this is JUST ONE of the 7-8 different fires in the Austin area...
    yesterday, no matter which way you looked, north, south, east or west.... there was a major wild fire burning.
    this one is the in Bastrop, over 60 miles away from where the picture was taken and about 35 miles from downtown Austin.
    Over 500 homes have been totally destroyed so far in the fire pictured below... and many more in the other fires. very sad.
    -terry

the fires...from space
    When all this was going down I was looking for this picture and just now found it.

This was taken back in 2006 (I think) and this fire burned right up to break at tree line. I was PM for the concrete forming company on this site and we were pouring concrete with this all around us for about a week. The local police had shut down all traffic around this site for two days with the exception of us and the concrete trucks! To make that happen I met (along with my superintendent) with the local fire and police chiefs. It was an interesting meeting but since we were building the first local hospital they let us continue.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been walking 2-3 miles six days a week (for the most part) for the last several months...Well I had been mixing in some light jogging for parts of the walk until tonight. Tonight I decided to run all out for parts of the walk and now I feel like hell. It's been about 1 1/2 hours since I got home from the walk/run and I have a headache and I feel completely sick. Any advice from runners out there? Did I just over do it? WTF it's not like I ran more then 1/2 of a mile total.
    You sound dehydrated. Drink water.

Also eat some crocodile or ostrich for protein. Michaël can hook you up if you don't have any.

The walk/run interval concept is a good one, but next time don't go "all out" on the running parts. Do a brisk pace, but not too fast. You can crank it up later after you're body starts getting used to it.

This was taken back in 2006 (I think) and this fire burned right up to break at tree line. I was PM for the concrete forming company on this site and we were pouring concrete with this all around us for about a week. The local police had shut down all traffic around this site for two days with the exception of us and the concrete trucks! To make that happen I met (along with my superintendent) with the local fire and police chiefs. It was an interesting meeting but since we were building the first local hospital they let us continue.
    Wow. I'm surprised you didn't have to evacuate from the smoke pollution, if nothing else. How the heck did you breathe during those working days without getting sick?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

:'( :'(

You'll be missed, Steve.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't realize that he had passed until I saw your post. Very, very sad indeed.

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

You sound dehydrated. Drink water.

Also eat some crocodile or ostrich for protein. Michaël can hook you up if you don't have any.
    The walk/run interval concept is a good one, but next time don't go "all out" on the running parts. Do a brisk pace, but not too fast. You can crank it up later after you're body starts getting used to it.
    LOL at the protein. I forgot to add that I've been on a low carb diet for the last several months and I ate a low fat dinner that evening. You put that together with a high impact workout and you get a bad idea. I started feeling better after I ate some carbs and drank a giant glass of OJ. Thanks for the input and I think I will stick with the brisk walk interrupted by some light jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised you didn't have to evacuate from the smoke pollution, if nothing else. How the heck did you breathe during those working days without getting sick?
    That was a concern from the officials and we agreed to wear masks (not respirators) which seemed to work out okay. In hindsight it wasn't the best idea for anyone's health but I guess you live and learn. On a side note we did shorten the crews (this did not include me and the super!) workdays and split them into shifts to help eleviate the exposure when we could. By the end of the day we all add crude all over us and felt like crap from breathing in all that smoke.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, if you are on a low-carb diet you should:

1) either strive to become fully 'fat-adapted' (= consistently using fatty acids to provide the bulk of your energy instead of using starchy carbs and grains - this will lead to a metabolic shift through upregulation of enzymes involved in gluconeogenesis, which is the pathway your body uses to synthesize glucose from non-carb sources such as proteins and fats),

2) or make sure that you replenish the glycogen stocks in your liver and muscles by periodically 'carbing up' (e.g., every 5 days), which is done best with sweet potatoes or another starchy carb with a low glycemic index.

I have a book on nutrition for athletes with a low-carb approach if you are interested.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

1) either strive to become fully 'fat-adapted' (= consistently using fatty acids to provide the bulk of your energy instead of using starchy carbs and grains - this will lead to a metabolic shift through upregulation of enzymes involved in gluconeogenesis, which is the pathway your body uses to synthesize glucose from non-carb sources such as proteins and fats),

2) or make sure that you replenish the glycogen stocks in your liver and muscles by periodically 'carbing up' (e.g., every 5 days), which is done best with sweet potatoes or another starchy carb with a low glycemic index.

I have a book on nutrition for athletes with a low-carb approach if you are interested.
    Thanks alot for the information Michaël. I didn't realize until after my first posting that I had only eating some boiled shrimp w/broccoli for dinner. This is interesting about the "carbing up" concept. I had never considered this although it really does make perfect sense.

P.S. I am interested in the book so if you get the chance please shoot me a PM with the title. I will see if I can find this here is the States...although I really wouldn't call myself an athlete!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

To avoid confusion for anyone who reads this, I should add that becoming fat-adapted is not about solely consuming fats - we're talking about the relative contribution of carbs, fats and proteins to your diet. 'High fat' implies low/no carbs rather than extreme amounts of fat. Having said that, fats are by no means Evil Stuff. There are many misconceptions about nutrition and the way food components such as fats influence your health. The established standards and guidelines for healthy nutrition are not infallible.

I won't start a debate about nutrition here but if anyone is truly interested I can point them to a bunch of great resources (all backed up by sound scientific research). Just shoot me a PM!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

#2 sounds so much better. It's basically what I did when I was 'cutting.' Don't cut out carbs, just lower them and eat more healthy fats and protein.

Ben Staad, are you trying to lose weight? I know people will go on long walks and jogs but nothing will shed weight like a complete overhaul of a diet (just eat cleaner) and a workout routine. Sure, go for a walk, it won't hurt but if you want to get stronger and leaner, hit the weights 3 times a week and do some HIIT (hight intensity interval training). HIIT after weights for about 10 minutes is all I ever needed. Jumping jacks w/ 1 minute jumps, 30 seconds rest, repeat 5 times and check your heart rate. If you want to stick to running, you can still do intervals, 15 second sprint and 45 sec jog, repeat 5 times. Rest and do it again until you can't anymore.

I don't have a link handy to back all this up, but I read in some book and also in my wife's bodybuilding book that cardio will get your heart rate up and the (fat) burn is more intense but a weight routine will keep your metabolism going longer and burn more calories throughout the day. I can only tell you that my body fully agrees with that. Have you ever done a deadlift? Nothing opens up my appetite and makes me sweat like a good back workout. Best part is it's not as time consuming as a 3-5 mile walk and it's more fun. There's also the challenge part to it. EVERYONE could just walk 5 miles, you know? It might take longer but tthat's all. Not everyone can lift 360 lbs off the ground. It's that feeling of achievement among other things I decided to go back to working out.

Squats, bench press, deadlift + healthy diet and you will lose fat, gain muscle and get stronger. (other compund excercises help too)

I haven't been to a gym in 3 months. It feels good to be active again. I had a really good week, I did all I wanted to do even though the numbers are far lower than before.

OK, rant done. Any questions, post here or shoot me a PM.

Country
    Country Flag

My two cents in addition to WeDealInLead's: if you're interested in strength training with weights, check out the articles on Charles Poliquin's website. If you're interested in bodyweight strength training, check out Coach Sommers' www.gymnasticbodies.com (this is the type of training I am into).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Ben Staad, are you trying to lose weight?
    OK, rant done. Any questions, post here or shoot me a PM.
    I've actually lost quite a bit of weight this year (50 lbs) and have almost reached my goal. Because of my weight (and asthma) I needed to do something initially that was a lower impact to my body. Now that I'm in much better shape I've been thinking about switching things up and going back to weights like in my younger days. Thanks for the advice.

My two cents in addition to WeDealInLead's: if you're interested in strength training with weights, check out the articles on Charles Poliquin's website. If you're interested in bodyweight strength training, check out Coach Sommers' www.gymnasticbodies.com (this is the type of training I am into).
    Thanks again for the input!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's official now:

I and two friends are running an official Dollar Baby Film Festival in Argentina.

Website

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Ari. Just checked it out.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I wanna go!

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I still remember reading The Man Who Loved Flowers when I was about 12 at night, so it's stuck with me lol. I really want to see that one!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Ari. Please keep us informed as the festival develops.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

This goes out to the Yankees (and the Red Sox)...$400 million to NOT play any games that actually matter.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It's official now:

I and two friends are running an official Dollar Baby Film Festival in Argentina.

Website

So, it's about time for all of tdt.org to vacation in Argentina then?Congratulations!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It's official now:

Website

So, it's about time for all of tdt.org to vacation in Argentina then?Congratulations!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

She's guarding my King collection. Isn't she fierce?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very menacing!!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very menacing!!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 972 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 685 ... LastLast